Can anyone recommend a good budget Blu-Ray player

nicky

This is something i've been interested in for a while, I always had the PS3 for Blu Rays, and had a seperate cheap DVD player that I could use for Multi Region discs, but that has since gone the way of the Dodo. I've been hoping to get a new multi region player, and it'd be a bonus if it was a Blu Ray Player

Yep we got this player and there is a multi-region hack for both blu-ray and DVD discs. I haven't got it with me, but I googled it the other day and found it. The hack has worked :thumbup:)

Its the Technika BRSS10. Please post back here once you've tested the player out, not just the hack. :)

Apparently there's some Sony players on Amazon.co.uk less than £100 which are hackable too but you either hav eto Google to find that out or read one the many reviews if it says so.

Edited by nicky

The DVD player I had was easy enough to hack. The player itself was no more than about £35 on Amazon, and all the reviewers listed what you had to do to hack it(just a code you had to numerically enter i think) but once it was done it never needed to be done again, so wasn't an issue at all.

Technika were once a brand I hadn't heard of, but they seem to be becoming more and more prominent. I remember a friend of mine a while back had a Technika Digital Camera and said it was the best one they'd ever had.

I have a Foehn & Hirsch Blu-Ray Player - not sure of the exact model, but it'll play all regions of Blu-rays and DVDs.

Please post details when you get a chance. Thanks. I just bought a fully HD ready LCD 32" TV so pretty keen to jump into blu-ray.

Edited by nicky

Yep we got this player and there is a multi-region hack for both blu-ray and DVD discs. I haven't got it with me, but I googled it the other day and found it. The hack has worked :o)

I tried it & it worked, thanks. ;)

But it won't be like my laptop & have a limited number of times I can change regions will it? Or can I change regions as much as I like?

• Moderators

Yep we got this player and there is a multi-region hack for both blu-ray and DVD discs. I haven't got it with me, but I googled it the other day and found it. The hack has worked :o)

I tried it & it worked, thanks. ;)

But it won't be like my laptop & have a limited number of times I can change regions will it? Or can I change regions as much as I like?

If it will let you change the region to 0 then do that - region 0 player will play any other region of disc, so you'll never need to change it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at the Sony BDP-S370 and Sony BDP-S360 players latly. Both are commonly found on eBay and go for about £70. They're hackable via a remote control that you have to buy seperately though.

Urgh, just read reports where the players make a loud whirring noise when discs are played back, a common problem with most players from many brands apparently. :clap:

Edited by nicky