NTA Awards - Benedict Cumberbatch and Sherlock

Avengers7

Done, ta for the reminder. :D I think that's the first time I've ever voted against Doctor Who in anything . . .

Me too, I would normally vote Doctor Who but couldn't this year due to Sherlock, god love Matt Smith but just had to vote Benedict!!!

Sorry just had to vote for good old Smith felt like he deserved it after giving what i think such a great performance after following a very popular actor and had Benedict/Sherlock and Matt/Who had been in different categories then i would defo would of voted for both. Looking forward to both of their's new series.

• 2 weeks later...

when ever i see results from public voting on tv shows i cant help but laugh, are the uk public fools? seems so, benadorm beating mock the week? lol dont even get me started on that spanish guy on xfactor or those irish twins on x factor going to what the semis? lol,

Absolute madness. Fans of Steven Moffat and quality television were divided across the two shows, so neither of them could muster up the numbers to take on the people voting for everything else. And I'm a Celebrity beat QI, which just proves that the British public don't deserve to be trusted with these things.

I see alot of ITV things won awards last night...odd that. I was shocked that Waterloo Road won best drama or whatever it was, I mean I know Sherlock was a little over looked last year (it can't of been that much though as they are making a proper series!) but Doctor Who losing to that rubbish that did win?!...Maybe Sherlock and Doctor who require far to much thinking and thats why they didn't win?!!

Maybe it's time for a different kind of Tv Awards? one that maybe isn't biased to one particular channel and one where they have different catergorys for different kinds of shows, as I wouldn't have put Doctor Who in 'Best Drama', I don't know what it's classed as!

That it all...I've had my little vent!

I see alot of ITV things won awards last night...odd that. I was shocked that Waterloo Road won best drama or whatever it was, I mean I know Sherlock was a little over looked last year (it can't of been that much though as they are making a proper series!) but Doctor Who losing to that rubbish that did win?!...Maybe Sherlock and Doctor who require far to much thinking and thats why they didn't win?!!

Maybe it's time for a different kind of Tv Awards? one that maybe isn't biased to one particular channel and one where they have different catergorys for different kinds of shows, as I wouldn't have put Doctor Who in 'Best Drama', I don't know what it's classed as!

That it all...I've had my little vent!

I'm not convinced it was biased. If you just include the programmes then ITV received 4 awards, the BBC had 3, and E4 got 1. Totals for the actors/presenters are BBC received 3, adn ITV had 2. Whatever way you look at it's not really a majority victory for ITV.

Doctor Who fared okay in the Drama category at the previous 5 events :D . That said I wasn't expecting it to win this time around. I thought it would be Sherlock. Also I agree the categories are a bit...restricting.

I thought Matt Smith (and Karen) did a great job in Doctor Who but part of me can't help wondering if David Tennant has a, small, satsified smile this morning.

I thought Matt Smith (and Karen) did a great job in Doctor Who but part of me can't help wondering if David Tennant has a, small, satsified smile this morning.

I got a feeling some Tennant fangirls would probably have a small satsified smile this morning too.

I have to say when Tennant left DW I was worried his shoes would be hard to fill, yet Smith has done a brilliant job in his own right...big fan of the pair of them!!

I don't think Doctor Who should win because they have done every other year, maybe it was right the out come of best drama (waterloo rd) if the bigger picture is looked at, I don't watch Waterloo Road, so I guess I shouldn't comment and say they shouldn't have won based on my experience with just DW and Sherlock...can't for the life of me remember the forth one?!....Just not my cup of tea in terms of viewing!

That said I do think Benedict should have won best actor has he was brilliant....but then in insitution like David Jason, on his bow out series of Frost, maybe again it was deserved as I don't watch Frost.

It is just down to personal opnion. I've never watched Waterloo Rd which is probably why I assumed Sherlock would win it :)

I do like David Jason as Frost. I think he is better in that than Only Fools & Horses (**ducks thrown objects**) so for me that is deserved.

Edited by 1of2

It is just down to personal opnion. I've never watched Waterloo Rd which is probably why I assumed Sherlock would win it :)

I do like David Jason as Frost. I think he is better in that than Only Fools & Horses (**ducks thrown objects**) so for me that is deserved.

I agree David Jason did deserve it although I would have liked to have seen Benedict win.

I also enjoy watching Waterloo Road. I think that both Moffett shows must have split the vote though.