Any more guests any time soon

Abigail94

I was hoping for a few more than we got over xmas, after the horror LFCC ones all we got were a few background ppl. still I think TISH is right, next week to mid jan there maybe quite a few announcements. right now yer there all on a jolly up at the new years SM do, hope they all have a great time! happy new year to everyone from Mr photoshoot

But it's also good news for third stormtrooper's from the right bank balance?

Well this show was being talked up as being much bigger than the Nov one, the sports guests are already well on the way to being sorted, but tend to agree that the media guests are really gonna take off in the next few weeks in order to fulfill the plans for the event.

Can't wait!!

ok sorry for the topic post but was just a bit anoyed that there hadnt been any more media anouncements that arent just back up people thats all
No apology required. It is probably the most frequently asked question and there are only so many variations that can be given for the answer. Sometimes a teaser for a pending rare/huge guest announcement is given (I enjoy those), apart from that it is just a waiting game.

With regards to 'back up people', I am guessing you are not a Trek/Firefly fan as Walter Koenig, Jennifer Lien, Nicole de Boer, and Sean Maher were part of the main cast. Some would say that Ian Whyte had a rather large role (in more ways than one at 7ft'ish :( ) in Alien v Predator etc. While these events cover a wide range of films/shows/etc it is very difficult to have guests that will cater for everyone all of the time. Hopefully most attendees will have a few guests that they want to meet.

Wow....2011 :lol:

I was hoping for a few more than we got over xmas

With the exception of certain industries (e.g. retail, catering/drinks, postal etc), the run-up to Christmas is not the most pressured time for many working folks. Certainly I was working until 5pm Christmas Eve and did 3 days this week just gone, but was hardly run off my feet. But at the same time there are other "seasonal" pressures, both in and out of work, which take up one's time. Probably the same thing for actors and especially their agents - in the run up to Christmas I expect most of them are more concerned with sorting their own Christmases out, plus networking at Christmas "do's" with other people in the industry, (and sending Christmas cards and gifts to their clients, and in some cases for their clients) rather than worrying about sorting out the final details on a contract for a weekend appearance in March, which can easily be put off dealing with until the New Year when there aren't so many parties to go to and people to see.

Won't be the same for every actor and agent, but I would suspect that for many of them, tying up the loose ends on a con appearance nearly three months hence is not a big priority in the run-up to Christmas, so I was never expecting many arrangements over the festive period. As Tony The Cylon says, I would suspect that in a week or three that situation will change...

Edited by TommyT