how to travel to lfcc !!?

Fiondra

hi really sorry i'm a bit daft but which airport is best to fly into if traveling to lfcc?

I need help!! would gatwick, luton or stanstead be best?

Oh dear, you're leaving it a little late for booking flights aren't you?!!! :P

Well, cheap last-minute deals and all that, I guess :firedevil::D

yeah last minute flights are great!!!!!

£30 from belfast! Can't beat that!!? and that's return!!

If you still need accomdation then the Green Man is only £40 per room!! and it's just across the road and down a wee bit!! about 20 mins max!! 0.3 mile!!!!!!!

I nearly had a heart attack thinking it would cost a fortune but it's not bad after all!!

But you guys are probably already sorted but if not then you could try it!!

Edited by Fiondra

I'm flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow, at...£68 i think it was. Travelling to Heathrow due to the fact it is connected to the underground and then would not need to worry about traffic jams or missing my bus etc...not unless theres something about the underground i don't know? :lol:

Definitely LUTON NOT STANSTED.

LUTON is junction 10 of the M1

Wembley is literally at the end of the M1 - Its junction 1 and then a short bit round the North Circular.

If you are using public transport you would have to use the STANSTED EXPRESS - into Liverpool Street and then the Metropolitan Line to Wembley Park but quite often the STANSTED EXPRESS gets replaced by buses at weekends

Just depends on your mode of transport but Luton is definitely closer.

I'm flying from Edinburgh to Heathrow, at...£68 i think it was. Travelling to Heathrow due to the fact it is connected to the underground and then would not need to worry about traffic jams or missing my bus etc...not unless theres something about the underground i don't know? :D

Yeah, same here. The tube isn't stylish or comfortable by any means, but it's a short zap from heathrow to wembly (even on two lines).

thanx for the info emmah.

but if i fly to heathrow it costs over £100!

i'd rather spend it on autographs!!!

only prob is now i need info on times and stuff cos we're flying in on thursday night so i' d appriciate it if anyone knew roughly how much it would cost and a timetable or something? i'm so disorganised!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Also how expensive taxi's over there?

Edited by Fiondra

If you go by British Airways or British Midlands, on their websites they have a range of times you can choose from for both departures and the prices range through out the day, cheap at quiet times and dearer at busy times.

In my case the tax was more expensive than the actual flight :P

i live in harlow

its about an hour an half drive north of london.

but theres no way i can drive, too many one way streets, too much traffic and im rubbish with directions and maps.

i thought the best way would be by train.

is that a good idea do you think?

thanx

Sorry emmah,

I'm flying into stansted!!!my friends decided there would be best!!! they'd already booked it before i'd got back to them.!!

Sorry i wasn't a little clearer!! I'm just panicking a little!!!!

Does anyone know a website/phone number to find out time of last train/bus from stansted to wembley area?

thanx for the help folks!!

hopefully i'll see some of you there (if i don't get myself lost or stranded at the airport!! :D )

You probably wont be able to get a bus from Stansted to Wembley, but from Stansted you can get the Stansted Express train to Liverpool Street, then the Metropolitan Line tube to Wembley Park from there. I think a ticket like that costs around £16-£20.

Britgal you can do the same, cos trains from Harlow also run to Liverpool Street!

thanx a million!! you're a star!!!!

I'm glad that's sorted, I've been checking out all websites trying to get this info!!

you guys are the best!!

here's a thought though, since there's a couple of friends going with me, would it be cheaper for us to get a taxi and split the cost??? or is that just me being a little too hopeful??

probably pushing it, i know!!!

always trying to get a bargain, save more for autographs!!!!!LOL