Virtual Queing

salogel42

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was asked before in a thread with exactly the same heading and showmasters gave this resposne...

The virtual queue's will work as follows :

1). Every person joining a queue must have a ticket. You cannot take friends in with you unless they obtained a ticket as well. Stewards will be happy to take photos if you are on your own, or if you want a friend to do it that is fine, but you must make sure they have a ticket too.

2). There will be a limit of how many autographs people can get of probably 5 pieces per guest. This limit will only be lifted if it is clear that there are not that many people, if any, actually still in the virtual queue.

3). For those people just wanting an autograph, and not caring about personalisation, or meeting the guests, we will have an area with pre-signed autographs for purchase. These will have been done by the guests in our presence, and will enable people, dealers included, to buy multiples without impacting on the queue's and the number of fans wishing to meet the guests.

4). If you just want a photo with a guest, this will only be allowed if there is no virtual queue. Whilst a virtual queue is in operation, preference will be given to those people wishing to get autographs. If at the end of the day there is no virtual queue, then subject to the guest being happy to do it, we will allow photos without autographs. Also, if there is no queue in place, we are happy for you to go up and chat to the guests without getting an autograph.

If anyone has any other questions do feel free to post them here, and I will answer them for you as best I can.

Mark

Always try searching mate, no point in Showmasters posting the same info twice.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Moderators

At all events, there has been one ticket per guest. I don't see this changing. I know there was a 'one ticket for LOTR guests' thing at another event - in my eyes, this did not work, because what if u just wanted to see the one guest? ... I didn't see the point. Plus a lot of people felt awkward having to walk past the OTHER guests and not getting their autos etc, I know they felt pressured into getting 'all LOTR guests' because it was kinda bunched into one ...

• Moderators

But this is not a LOTR event is it? So why should LOTR fans get treated differently by the guests getting bunched together for them, but if .. say I wanted to see 5/6 guests that were not related, then I'd have to queue up for them all? That would mean u getting preferential treatment and I think that's unfair, sorry!

• Moderators

Actually, I have met some LOTR actors, it doesn't mean I'm not a fan ... I just think u can't really group together guests, and treat some fans differently from others! I only wanted to see 1 Buffy guest so it didn't make a difference to me ... but why should the LOTR fans get 1 ticket for so many guests when other fans would have to go and collect 5-6 tickets and queue just as many times? Is that really fair? Cuz in my opinion, that's not. Just because there are a few LOTR guests, this does not mean that the fans should get treated better than the other fans.

Did you go to C4?

many people did not get to meet who they wanted because they had to get tickets for each person, and it was an overcrowed nightmare because we all had to hang around for so long.

At this con i also want to meet other people but not being from London i can only attend one day , so my chances of seeing who i want is going to be impossible if i have to get a ticket for each person.

But what the hell lets all have a good time!

why do they not introduce a system where the tickets have a certain time stamped on them with which to go and queue?, wouldnt that be easier ?, not such long queues to stand in, and you could go and do whatever you wanted until your time came up.

probably been mentioned before but was just a thought

I think that would be a worse method mate, there is no way SM could judge how long a given number of autographs will take as some people may have 1 and others may have 5, you could end up with hundreds in the queue.

Think the best method is the current method, the tickets have different numbers on them and those numbers are called out in blocks and when it reaches your number you go and queue up, that means you can go look around the stalls, get other tickets for other guests and when you hear your number you go and queue up for a 15-30mins wait.

Also, elullatook, what happened at C4 was unpresidented and I very much doubt it will happen at LFCC unless they sign up Elijah or another very popular guest, from the current guests attending I think you could meet most if not all of them in a single day as long as you are there from Early Opening to Kicking Out time.

I agree with the virtual queueing thing although I can say that it was NOT 100% successful at c4 as some of you seem to think.

I did not get to meet elijah or some of the Harry Potter stars (christian coulson? (not sure, was meeting on behalf of a friend)) because there were NO TICKETS LEFT. this was because they had all be given out the time I got there having ran round MK like a flipping loony trying to get tickets for 4 LotR stars, then Buffy people, then Harry Potter.

it is really unfair to give them all out before the centre even opens, spesh as people going for the first time did not know how early to come (on Sunday) (I was told by a SM person at the booth not to come before 11am due to Sunday opening hours yet they had given out ALL the Elijah tickets by 9am?!?!?!?!)

I think guests grouped together is a GREAT idea. it means that if you CAN'T afford to meet e.g. 6 people from Red Dwarf (alot of us are STUDENTS you know) you can still see them when queueing for 1 of the guests you want to meet the most and have the oppurtunity of taking pictures of them from afar.

would have been so much easier in c4 if the LotR people had been together, I might have been able to meet Elijah if you could get all the tickets in the same place. xx

Im really sorry for sounding really really stupid here and I know this convo is at a real climax here, but what do you mean by "grouping" the LOTR cast? :D Do you mean like having them all on a long table in the same kind of area...? Im really lost in what is being argued here, Im sorry! Would some really nice person explain to me what this is about, please, Ive never been to an event before and I dont know the ropes! :D

I have only ever seen this "grouping" of guests used once before and that was at the NEC last year, they had 4 Red Dwarf guests all sitting in a row at a table and the idea was that you queued and then went down the line, I have to say it didnt work very well, most people only wanted to meet 1 or 2 of them but everyone had to wait to meet them all, this slowed things down so much that I saw alot of people just leave and after awhile I have to admit I left also, last time I saw the same guests they were all seperate and things went much smoother.

Did you go to C4?

many people did not get to meet who they wanted because they had to get tickets for each person, and it was an overcrowed nightmare because we all had to hang around for so long.

At this con i also want to meet other people but not being from London i can only attend one day , so my chances of seeing who i want is going to be impossible if i have to get a ticket for each person.

But what the hell lets all have a good time!

Put simply youll have to deal with it. Its not perfect but noone is going to change the whole routine which works just fine so you can meet who you want to.

Youre going to have to wait a while, turn up early like everyone else, and queue all day like everyone else to meet who you want to.

You make it sound like you want to turn up, spend 10 minutes queueing, meet all the LOTR guests then go home.

Still dont think LOTR people should be treated differently to other guests, it's UNFAIR! sorry!

ummm if that was a reply to my mini-essay then I WASN'T saying LotR guests SHOULD be treated differently!!! I said it would be cwl if ALL the guests e.g. all the guests from Red Dwarf/ Willow/ LotR etc were grouped together...!?!?!?!?!?!?! xx

ok lemme clear something up here before we all hate each other and get pi$$y without even knowing one another!! :angel:

It would be cwl if there was ONE ticket and even **IF** they decided to do that, I did NOT mention about there only being one queue!!!!

just you know at c4 FOR EXAMPLE, you could have met Elijah then met Dom then gone to meet Andy and Sean and it still would have been like virtual queueing, call e.g. tickets 1-50 then people who only wanted to meet e.g. Elijah are done so the queue might have moved quicker!

guests grouped together E.G c4 again, like they had all the Star Trek guests sitting next to each other but you still had to queue for each person! just if you couldn'tafford to meet them all (I did I'm just saying!) you could still see the other guests!!!

du see what I was saying now, about the whole grouping guests thing???? :D

xx

Well I do think grouping is a good idea. Im not just talking bout LOTR Im talking bout other guests such as the Red Dwarf guys etc.

Charlottex

I agree with the RD and B7 being grouped, I could see that working because most would want all their autographs anyway, but I agree that its unfair for the LOTR cast to be grouped. I can't say this for definate as I have never been to a convention before and I dont know what its like but Im only going to see John and I, personally, would prefer it if he wasn't "grouped", I say this because of what Ive read previously in this thread. I think because the LOTR cast are more of "movie actors" then the RD cast (because its a series), because of this I think that those (like me) who are going to see one of the cast because of their roles in other films other than LOTR would much prefer meeting them as an individual actor, rather than a LOTR actor.

No hard feelings anybody, this is just my opinion and at the end of the day its up to ShowMasters! :D

Ok, I see what everyones saying here, there is a strong argument on both sides, in fact I think that the grouping has a stronger one! So I may as well quit now, I think you'll all agree when I say, its time to fall to my knees and beg...:P

Please don't group John! Do what you will! Group every guest in the place but don't group John! Have mercy on my innocent insignificance!

Ah, thats better, ok... whats next? :D

Why do people have such a big problem with getting tickets for each guest, C4 was the first time ever where I had to queue for a ticket for a guest and then that was only for Elijah, Sean and Dominic, even when I met Andy Serkis and Billy Boyd at C3 I just went up and took a ticket.

I think grouping the guests together might be a good idea so you dont have too travel far to get another ticket but having 1 ticket per guest is the best method and there is no real reason to change this. The people who dont want to have to queue up for each guest and want to get done as fast as they can, all I can say to them is get used to it, queuing up is part of the fun and you get to meet new people, I had a great chat with someone while waiting for my Elijah ticket and I have yet to not meet a guest I set out to meet because I was getting tickets, like I said, C4 was the first time when I had to queue for a ticket and even then I got to meet everyone I wanted too.