question about checking in

bfsfreakaof

okay so i've never stayed at the hilton before and have only stayed at a hotel the once and have no idea how it works.... also i have added fears on top =/ .... for one... the card i used when i made the booking got cancelled cause it got used in america while i was in England and i now have a new card... same account and shiz though.... and on top of that... i cant prove im me when checking in... like no passport or drivers licence and i don't know what's needed to check in =s .... i have my old bank card still as well as my new one.. there's my uni ID in my wallet and even my card with my national inssurance number and shiz on... so yeah... advice please? so then maybe i'll be able to sleep lmao

okay so i've never stayed at the hilton before and have only stayed at a hotel the once and have no idea how it works.... also i have added fears on top =/ .... for one... the card i used when i made the booking got cancelled cause it got used in america while i was in England and i now have a new card... same account and shiz though.... and on top of that... i cant prove im me when checking in... like no passport or drivers licence and i don't know what's needed to check in =s .... i have my old bank card still as well as my new one.. there's my uni ID in my wallet and even my card with my national inssurance number and shiz on... so yeah... advice please? so then maybe i'll be able to sleep lmao

Speaking from personal experience from checking in at other hotels I have never had to show ID, but its always best to have some form with you just incase. I would have thought your uni pass would be ok because not everybody has a drivers licence/passport. A copy of the email confirmation is a must, they dont always ask but I would definatley take it.

As for having a new card, its a tricky one. My credit card expired inbetween making a reservation and atually checking in, and I was told that in order to keep the reservation I had to call back once I got my new card to update the details in order to keep the booking as the card it was made on was no longer valid. It maybe a similar case here, although having said that the card hasnt expired just changed. I have paid for a hotel when checking out on a different card than the one used to book, so we wouldnt have thought you'd have much of a problem using your new one.

We think the best thing to do is to take everything you have, your old card if you have it (although I wouldnt volunteer showing it as technically it should have been destroyed) along with the new card, your uni pass and a copy of the email confirmation and you should be fine. :king:

Edited by gemma85

i think i'll ring in the morning and shiz to make sure :) i printed out the second email they sen the other week instead to remind me about the reservation.... i used that one cause it didnt have all the random how to get there crap lol.. think that'll be ok? it still has the reservation number and my name and shiz on it

If you have time to ring to double check, definately do it but otherwise it should be ok.

As for the email confirmation, I looked at mine earlier and the reminder is slightly different to the actual confirmation. The actual confirmation contains your room type, the fact that your there for the convention ( hence your special room rates) aswell as your booking number and name so its better to take that one just incase there is any hiccup with them trying to put you in a room you didnt book. For example; if you booked a single but for some reason they have you down in a twin, your confirmation will show that you did indeed book a single and it will also show that you have the con rate incase they try to charge full price.

Best take the first confirmation or both, but I wouldnt take just the reminder. :king:

If you have time to ring to double check, definately do it but otherwise it should be ok.

As for the email confirmation, I looked at mine earlier and the reminder is slightly different to the actual confirmation. The actual confirmation contains your room type, the fact that your there for the convention ( hence your special room rates) aswell as your booking number and name so its better to take that one just incase there is any hiccup with them trying to put you in a room you didnt book. For example; if you booked a single but for some reason they have you down in a twin, your confirmation will show that you did indeed book a single and it will also show that you have the con rate incase they try to charge full price.

Best take the first confirmation or both, but I wouldnt take just the reminder. :king:

i have to pay full price anyway =/ lol i didnt book in time for the con rate so yay for spending £300 for the weekend.... lucky i only have to pay £150 and the sis pay the other half lol.. but that's still alot lol

Doesn't matter what card you entered when you booked it, it's just a guarantee for if you don't show that they can charge you for the stay (usually just first night)... Even tho that cards been cancelled, they can still attempt to charge it if you don't show - then the bank would contact you to authorize payment. But as you are showing, that doesn't matter.

You don't have to pay on the card you gave at time of booking, you can pay on another card or cash.

Just take printout of confirmation. I've only ever needed passport Or ID when checking into hotels abroad.

You don't have to pay on the card you gave at time of booking, you can pay on another card or cash.

Yes, that's all you need.

My card got cancelled before the Chevron stay due to some security upgrade. Called them and asked the same question and was told it didn't matter as long as I had a valid card, just like ganggirl said.