Drinks reception on Friday Evening

Dr Rodney McKay

Hi ! :)

I bought a Gold Ticket for the Event.

But I think that I could not take part to the drinks reception with the guests on Friday evening...

I live in France and because of a problem, I could leave that Friday in end of the afternoon ! ;)

So, I have questions ! ^^

What time starts the drink réception on Friday evening ? :/

Ands this engraves if I do not come Friday evening ?

Thanks (and sorry for my english ^^') ! :thumbup:;)

• Moderators

All you will miss on Friday evening is the reception, the opening ceremony, and the party.

You won't miss anything major - you can register Saturday morning, and all the signings/photos are during Saturday and Sunday :thumbup:

Try to come in Friday if you can, even if it means missing the drinks reception.

I'm not sure when the first flight from France comes in Saturday. From Germany you'd be in Heathrow around 8.15 AM Monday morning. Then you'd still have to get luggage, go past immigration control and then make your way to Northampton. We arrived around noon last time.

Autographs and photos are done in the morning.

So you'd miss this for Saturday completely.

You can still go and get everything done on Sunday. That won't be a problem. But it will mean much more running around.

If you come in Friday (even if it is late) you can register Saturday morning. Then you get get everything done over 2 days.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Having a problem with crowds of people in small cofined spaces can I ask where the drinks reception for gold ticket con goers is going to be inside the hotel?

I don't know if the location has changed since the first chevron con - at that con the drinks reception was held in a very small room which became even more confining once the number of gold ticket con goers filled it

I stayed in chair at the window area because it felt like safest place to be in the packed room

It was a very stressful experience for me so if I could have an idea what the hotel room was going to be beforehand I can decide whether it's too small for me and not enter the room

Any info would be appreciated

I'm afraid that's a question for SM/Too Tall.

I think it's unlikely that it will be in the main hall because that'll be prepared for the party during that time.

The only slightly larger room I can remember was the photosession room.

Can anyone who was at The Hub tell us which room the reception was held in there?

At Hub 5 it was in the photo room, wasn't too crowded and was quite comfortable once we got the hotel to switch on the aircon.

For that room Loopymowse, your best bet would be to station yourself by the door. That way you'll have a escape route should you need it.

Hope that helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

yes it was at hub in the photo room.

For cons like ET it has also been held in the bar area which was screened off, so we will just have to wait and see where Too Tall decides it would work best.

Definitely stand by the door area if it is the photo room, people dont tend to gather there, so you should be fine, and as mentioned, your escape route will already be accessible. :whistling: We want everyone to enjoy it :D