Questions from a 1st time fan from US

rogueankh

Hi, the announcement of Denis Lawson and Ahmed Best, as well as a few others, has tempted me to fly over from the US to attend my first UK convention. I had a few questions though that I'm hoping regular attendees can answer for me...

1) Is it easy to get from Heathrow airport to the convention venue? What would be the best mode of transportation - taxi, subway, ...?

2) Are there many hotels near the convention venue? How expensive are the nearby hotels?

3) Are the Gold Pass tickets worth the price?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

• Showmasters Admin

1: Use the subway.

2: There are quite a few. If you look on any hotel booking website and put in Earls Court or I believe for this event isn't better to look for Kensington.

3: That's completely a personal thing. Some people like the goody bag and you'll get some free pre-signed autographs.

The main thing I believe most people get it for is that it does take a lot of the stress out of the day (weekend).

Autographs: No waiting for your number to be called, just enter the queue when you want.

Talks: You get all the talks free (including the paid for ones) and you get to sit in the front 3 rows, so you only need to turn up minutes before the talk starts and still know you'll get a good seat.

Photo shoots: You get let through the line first, so again no long waiting around, you can just turn up at the start time and go pretty much straight in (you'll only be behind any other gold pass holders already there).

Please remember that photo shoots and in person signed autographs are not included. These are to be bought seperately.

Edited by Too Tall

2: There are quite a few. If you look on any hotel booking website and put in Earls Court or I believe for this event isn't better to look for Kensington.

Try Kensington, that gives you the more close places.

Hammersmith might also be useful (Olympia is actually within the borough of Hammersmith & Fulham, rather than the (royal) borough of Kensington & Chelsea, although only by a few yards).