Patrick Stewart gets his Knighthood

The_Crow

He was told we would get the knighthood in the New Years Honours list ,So I guess he could not use the "Sir " until today

He had the OBE in 2001, and I think it was long overdue as he has saved the planet many many times.lol

patrickgetsdubbef.jpg

SirPatrick.jpg

Well done Captain

*Puts hand up so he can get the Teachers attention*

So, what do we call him.

Patrick Stewart?

Sir Captain Picard?

Or Sir Patrick Stewart?

*Raises a glass to Sir Patrick*

Congatulations, Mr Stewart. :D

Also many thanks to Cecil Dormand, the english teacher who suggested to Patrick Stewart he should become a professional actor.

Apparently Cecil was the person who first placed a book of Shakespeare in Patricks hands.

Shabs :D

Edited by Shabs

He said he received the Knighthood for starting the "two tea bag cup of tea" trend in America :D

^_^

Great that he went from meeting all of us at MK to B Palace a few days later for this. Much rather someone like Sir Patrick got honours rather than politicians :D

Now, we need to get some more UK legends from SM shows knighted too - Sir John Hurt, Sir Tom Baker...

Does this mean he signs "Sir Patrick Stewart" now?

So I may be one of the last to have "Patrick Stewart"? Sweet.

I understand that using titles is considered somewhat vulgar amongst the acting community. I seem to remember a fuss being made a couple of years ago because Ben Kingsley was billed as Sir Ben Knigsley in a film.

I also seem to remember Christopher Lee saying something along the lines of Laurence Olivier never used his title so neither shall I!