***STAR WARS SPOILER SECTION***

Indiana

This is the only time I'll do this. Every other time that you read this thread there will be news or photographs from Star Wars Episode III that may spoil the plot or details of the characters for you so please be aware of this before entering this section.

SPOILER'S AHOY!

SPOILER'S AHOY!

SPOILER'S AHOY!

1...OK HERE WE GO.

This is what Stunt co-ordinator Nick Gillard said this in a recent webchat with Dark Horizons website.

**A lot of people in Ep3 will be hit with a lightsaber the way Obi-Wan was hit in Ep2

** Nick Gillards's cameo Jedi character has long hair and will be seen facing off against Anakin.

** Obi-Wan of course defeats Anakin in Ep3, but winning one fight does not necessarily make one the best at it.

** There will be short scenes/shots of Hayden and Ewan doing lightsaber work during the pick-up shooting in March.

** We will see the younglings fighting, which will include Rick McCallum's daughter (Mousy McCallum)'s Jedi character.

** Darth Sidious uses his lightsaber.

** Nick and Hayden have seen the first 1/2 hour of the film and were very excited.

** The Anakin/Obi-Wan fight will be the longest SW fight ever. It is currently edited at 10 minutes!

** Nick has seen Hayden in the Vader costume.

** As it stands now, the final duel will not be intercut with other action sequences, though that is subject to change.

** The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel is very fast, similar to the speed of the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel.

** Nick is always having to "lay down the law" with Hayden during training.

** If Nick shared any new information not yet known he would suffer "grevious" bodily harm from Rick.

** Nick's Jedi character cameo is only a few seconds.

** There will be more than 2 people fighting in the confines of the Trade Federation ship fight scene.

** Nick's favorite lightsaber from the saga is his own and it is yellow.

** Mace (Sam) does not use "vaapad" (?) in Ep3, he does what Nick tells him to do for the scene.

** Nick was not willing to tell us why he and Hayden were practicing lightsaber fighting together as was seen on yesterday's webcam shots.

** The casting is decided for both the character's personality in mind and the build of the actors, but moreso the character.

** There are so many memorable fights aside from the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel, but Nick likes the one he cannot reveal.

** Anakin's fighting style will certainly change as the character goes further towards the dark side.

**When asked if we will finally see an extended fight when a character wields 2 lightsabers against one, Nick said he wished we could have seen the parts of the Ep2 duel that were cut out.

** When asked if we will see any more beheadings like Jango in Ep2, Nick said "heads will roll in Ep3".

** Nick's description of "the big fight" in 5 words: "#####, ####, #####, #####, ##"

** Nick thinks it is possible for Ep3 to have a PG rating.

** Nick's Jedi character's name is "Cin Drallig", his real name spelled backwards.

** "Kit Fisto goes out like a Bi'tch."

** It is posible for someone to wield two sabers at once but since it is uncomfortable, they would need very special training.

** Nick & Mousy both grind their teeth when watching the lightsaber fights from the classic trilogy and thinking how they could have been improved, especially when matching the fighting and skills to the characters involved.

** We will see double-bladed lightsabers in Ep3.

I can add to that, that the main villain in this movie is rumoured to be called DARTH or GENERAL GRIEVOUS, that C-3P0 finally gets his Gold coverings in this movie, and that Anakin takes out Count Dooku in the first ten minutes of the film.

Here's a few pictures to whet appetites.

p610.jpg

(Above) A rather charred looking Anakin - not sure if this is legit or photoshopped.

20040126_bg.jpg

This one (above) came in today. It's the official photograph showing the look of the new Clone (soon to be Storm) Troopers from Episode III.

20031105_bg.jpg

(above) Issue 72 of the Insider featuring the new look to Obi-Wan in Episode III.

hayden.jpg

anakin_skywalker.jpg

(Above) 2 shots of Hayden Christensen as Anakin from Episode III.

That's all for the moment. I do have more, but I'll let you soak in that lot first.

Obi-Wan :D

Edited by obi-wan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, i might just go and see this film, cool spoilers there Obi Wan!!!!!

Thanks.

Support Star Wars Episode III, you know you want to!

More spoilers to come.

Obi-Wan :D

LOL do you know if there will be ewoks, I kinda liked them LOL

Ive just seen green screen footage of the final fight between Obi and Anakin and boy, does it look good.  Just looking at the anger and agression on there faces is amazing!

Lol. I saw that too, last Friday. Most sites have removed it now, but there are still a few out there if you look carefully. The fight between Obi and Anakin looks amazing, and really fierce. I think it will out do any of the fights in the saga so far.

There are other things to spot in that footage too, like a Golden C3-PO, wookies, that shot of what appears to be Anakin with evil white eyes, Anakin's black gloved right hand, Padme wearing a very Empire Strikes Back style Leia hairdo, Obi-Wan in the water, Obi fighting two (then later three) green screen costumed staff weilding villains (who will probably be CGI after effects), Hayden wearing the Vader costume (just before the shot of the Neimoidian), Peter Mayhew in a Chewbacca costume fitting, a sculptor sculpting the Vader helmet, and Obi and Anakin fist fighting. But there's probably even more if you look carefully.

This has got me amped up for the saga more than ever.

Episode III will kick ass.

By the way support Keisha Castle Hughes in the Oscars for Best Actress, as she is the new Queen of Naboo in Episode III.

Edited by obi-wan

You know what, i might just go and see this film, cool spoilers there Obi Wan!!!!!

Thanks.

Support Star Wars Episode III, you know you want to!

More spoilers to come.

Obi-Wan :angry:

LOL do you know if there will be ewoks, I kinda liked them LOL

No but something even better - Wookies, thousands of them!

Ive just seen green screen footage of the final fight between Obi and Anakin and boy, does it look good.  Just looking at the anger and agression on there faces is amazing!

Lol. I saw that too, last Friday. Most sites have removed it now, but there are still a few out there if you look carefully. The fight between Obi and Anakin looks amazing, and really fierce. I think it will out do any of the fights in the saga so far.

There are other things to spot in that footage too, like a Golden C3-PO, wookies, that shot of what appears to be Anakin with evil white eyes, Anakin's black gloved right hand, Padme wearing a very Empire Strikes Back style Leia hairdo, Obi-Wan in the water, Obi fighting two (then later three) green screen costumed staff weilding villains (who will probably be CGI after effects), Hayden wearing the Vader costume (just before the shot of the Neimoidian), Peter Mayhew in a Chewbacca costume fitting, a sculptor sculpting the Vader helmet, and Obi and Anakin fist fighting. But there's probably even more if you look carefully.

This has got me amped up for the saga more than ever.

Episode III will kick ass.

By the way support Keisha Castle Hughes in the Oscars for Best Actress, as she is the new Queen of Naboo in Episode III.

According to theforce.net the footage was shown at a private marketing meeting and should never hve been leaked. I have managed to find two versions of this. A pokey little 4Mb version, which displays at postage stamp size and a 35Mb version which is full screen.

According to theforce.net the footage was shown at a private marketing meeting and should never hve been leaked. I have managed to find two versions of this. A pokey little 4Mb version, which displays at postage stamp size and a 35Mb version which is full screen.

Yeah I've seen both. The fullscreen one is the better one, and it shows the banners either side of the stage with Star Wars characters on. Vader on the right, Yoda on the left. Love the Back in Black music use too.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I said I'd be back with more spoilers and here they are. If you do not want to know anything about Episode III LEAVE THIS THREAD NOW!!!!

SPOILER'S AHOY!

SPOILER'S AHOY!

SPOILER'S AHOY!

1...OK HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Here's some stuff from a contributor to aint-it-cool-news. As always take all spoilers with a pinch of salt unless Lucasfilm confirms it on the web or publishes it in an official publication. (By the way all spelling mistakes are contributors own - not mine)

As promised here are the spoilers of the info of the Lucasfilm Star Wars Presentation that was for 50 or so people at London Toy Fair. Basically they were the 50 biggest toy buyers and licensing companies in Europe

So here are the Spoilers its all true so dont shoot the messanger !!

Star Wars Eps 3...Ok this is from memory

The presentation opened up with a 20 minute montage of what Star Wars has meant over the last 20 years or so and then it was announced that unlike other star wars movies they were giving us a synopsis of the movie and then bang we were into it. It was explained that what we were seeing was

A) Rough Early Footage

:lol: Animation

C) Storyboards

D) Blue Screen footage

It starts with the fact that the Senator Palpatine has been kidnapped by the renegades because of the continuing clonewars. Annakin and Obi-won are sent to rescue him. It is basically a pod race in space feel, with both of them in their own space craft, not seen in any of the previous movies. They are attacked while approaching star destroyers but and if memory serves Saw Droids (look a little similar to Matrix Sentinals but smaller) Obi-Won is attached by 5 or 6 of them and is going to die. Annakin comes to the rescue by bashing the ship with his ship and knocking them off. This was footage and looked rough but very cool

We are then told over black screen that the rescue was successful BUT

We next see them into the control room of the star destroyer with no bad guys around but the ship is out of control and approaching and going to crash in a planet. We see the ship starting to burn up in the atmosphere and half the ship gets blown away. Our heroes we are told escape. Again footage rough but good

The Film, we are next told is set on two planets (again the names escape me) one is the planet primarily of water and mountains but the mountains have dwellings on the side, and another is the wookie planet, where we are told we will meet chewbacca. Who becomes a great hero because of this film.

We are then told that Amidala is pregnant by Annakin - no images just storyboards

We are then told that in the movie we will see how C3PO and R2D2 move from Eps 3 to A new Hope as it is hinted that they are passed to somebody's position

We next encounter Obi-Won who is investigating a matter for the Jedi on the Mountain planet, the only way of climbing a m,mountain is on a creature, similar to bantha but much much bigger and very speedy who runs up the mountains, bit like a taxi.

- This is animation

We are told that the clone wars are going the way of the separatists and that something is causing the Jedi to be wiped out - but we do not know why or by who.

We are then told there are two climactic battles

1. Yoda / Annakin / Obi-Won vs New Evil Guy, and Emperor , this is done in storyboards, but we are told that yoda and palpatine fight with every conceivable item

2. Annakin vs Obi-Won. We see this both in actual footage but also in animation. The footing is blue screen and is very intense and we see 5 minutes worth in tunnels and rooms and bit like the rooms where Han is frozen in EMPIRE. we do not see an outcome

then we move to animation and then pop - it smacks you in the face of how he becomes darth - VERY VERY VERY VERY BIG SPOILERS.

They are fighting on floating bays over a lava lake this is burning ferocious flames, they are crashing and falling over each other - and getting burnt. again we do not see an outcome but if its anything like the animation then wow !!! My thoughts are that Annakin is very burnt and is re-built by the Emperor as darth Vader

At no point are we told that Padme is killed but we are told that she bears two children, we are shows the planet tattoine and told that the children are split up and one LUKE is going to his uncle.

We are also show the last scene on tatoine where we see two suns in the distance to signify the two kids

This was hugely impressive although I may not have remembered it all, but I did most and think it look great.

Then we are told that this movie answers and ties up all the questions for the last 20 years.

We are told that they will be two very very bad guys in this movie, but interestingly we are not told about Count Dooku - where is he in all this !!

The hint was that one of the baddies may be female - which would be interesting !

This other SPOILER was suggested by The Force.net, an image which they claim to be a villain from Episode III called General Grievous.

boba-fett-5.jpg

(He's the guy in the middle!)

That's all for the moment.

Obi-Wan :P

Edited by obi-wan

Here is another version of the trooper thats going to be used....

jtf_clone_trooper2.jpg

Also, with regards to the rumour about a General Greievous, read the press release from LucasArts (Lucas' gaming division) below:

Marin County, Calif. - February 13, 2004 - Enter the covert world of the Star Wars infantry for the first time and become a member of an elite Republic Special Operations unit in LucasArts new squad based first-person shooter, Star Wars Republic Commando. Set during the Clone Wars, between Attack of the Clones and the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III, Star Wars Republic Commando will be released fall 2004 for the PC and Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.

Mission briefings set the tone in this dark first-person shooter, as players lead their squads on a variety of assignments such as hostage rescue, infiltration/data retrieval, elimination, assault, sabotage and reconnaissance operations. Your three-man team is controlled through an intuitive and accessible "smart squad" command system, based on squad markers and stances. The game features more than fifteen levels, with exercises covering both familiar and new Star Wars settings and characters, including the introduction of the mysterious General Grievous and his deadly bodyguards from the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III.

Edited by emotionalvampire

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, time for the latest spoiler round ups. This lot came from theforce.net.

SPOILER'S AHOY!

SPOILER'S AHOY!

SPOILER'S AHOY!

1...OK HERE WE GO AGAIN.

ANAKIN SKYWALKER

There are important scenes between Anakin & Padme that play out between them that inform us about the nature of their marriage. Remember, it is secret, so the moments they have together will be snatched when they can be, against a background of a busy galaxy at war. -PH

Anakin's grisly demise at the end of the duel is set to be one of the most chilling moments in the entire saga. -NG

"Ewan McGregor can just do anything. I've known Ewan for years and whatever you give him to do, he can do it. I would have thought that no one could have become better than Ewan--after Phantom and Attack of the Clones, he just looked like the best. But Hayden learned fast and is now leagues ahead of everybody. He is terrifying!" -NG

Anakin's Jedi Starfighter has red coloring. The cockpit and the undercarriage are flat gray and gray-white. -PH

BAIL ORGANA

Jimmy Smits and Ian McDiarmid seemed to be the actors that enjoyed wearing their costumes the most. Both have many more costumes than previous films and a number of costumes that could almost match Padmé's wardrobe in size. - TB

Bail Organa's speeder chase sequence (him being chased) is not as big as the Ep2 speeder chase. -PH

We will not see anything specific about Obi-Wan serving directly for Bail Organa during the final Clone Wars, though it is understood that the handling of the war, such as it is, has fallen to the Senate. For a while, anyway. -PH

BATTLEDROIDS

"We will see Battle Droids (including Supers) and Destroyer Droids in Episode 3 - as well as some cool new ones." - RC

There will be "evil" droids we have not yet seen in the prequels. - DB

The regular battle droids in Ep3 will be a mix of what we've seen before. - OS

There will be new and unique droids in Ep3. - DB

CLONE/STORMTROOPERS

There are new Clone Pilot uniforms, but it is more in line to the Clone Pilots of Episode II than the pilots of IV. -PH

There will not be mention of the total numbers of clonetroopers around in Ep3. -PH

We will not see a direct explanation of the evolution of the clone/stormtrooper uniform. Over the years, the uniform simply evolves. -PH

The planet where Obi-Wan will ride a creature for transportation and talk to Commander Cody with the line, "lets get going we still have a battle to win..." (as seen on the webdoc) is not on a mountainous planet. Quite the opposite. -PH

GENERAL GRIEVOUS

The design crew worked very hard to make the new bad guy in Ep3 visually distinctive. -RC

"Expect someone serious as the new villain." - RM

The new bad guy has a lot of screen time, a memorable role, and he is central to the plot. -RC

Animatics have done pre-visualization for the new bad guy and "he is one bad mother". -DG

The new bad guy has connections to Darth Sidious. -PH

The "new bad guy" is not referring to Darth Vader. It will be an original, separate villain. -PH

The new bad guy has some electronic alteration done to his voice. - BB

We will get our first look at the new villain in 2004. - PE

The new villain is in the vein of old-style serial villains. Someone who revels in villainry. -PH

The new bad guy did not appear in the original trilogy. -PH

You get just enough from the movies to establish the new villain's role and importance. The EU, of course, will flesh things out with George's blessing. -PH

The new villain has a space ship and will use it. He also has several other modes of transportation. -PH

(BEN) OBI-WAN KENOBI

"Fans of Obi-Wan are going to be ecstatic about EpIII." - RM

The classic saber of Ep4 Ben Kenobi will be among the sabers in use. - OS

Ewan McGregor had a lifecast done of his head and hands to allow makeup work for an effect needed early in Ep3. - OS

Ewan's hair will be styled more like a younger version of Alec Guinness. He will wear temple pieces, and they will be graying. Ewan's beard will be neatly trimmed and less bushy, with more sculpting and manicuring into a more goatee shape. - OS

A scene on a gunship scene will include Obi-Wan and Mace and Yoda. - OS

In one scene, Padmé and Obi-Wan will join C-3PO hurrying down a starship ramp to meet Bail Organa at its base. - OS

The major focus is the breakdown in friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. - SW Insider

A scene will include Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Mace, and Bail Organa - as well as a swarm of Senators and planetary representatives, alien and human alike. - OS

One scene shot will include Yoda walking and talking with Obi-Wan and Bail Organa. - OS

There are new Starfighters being built for Anakin and Obi-Wan. - OS

Obi-Wan Kenobi, a fugitive, will find safe haven on an alien planet and in the company of an alien leader played by Bruce Spence. - BS

In one scene, Padmé, Obi-Wan and C-3PO will be "the scene that explains it all" on a vista with moderate winds. - OS

Anakin and Obi-Wan will be in an environment with "extreme wind". - OS

In one scene called a "Lobby" and "Hallway", Anakin and Obi-Wan will be walking down a corridor and will join R2-D-2 at one point. Anakin and Ob-Wan will also be in an "Elevator" scene together. - OS

We will see Anakin and Obi-Wan together on a landing platform on Coruscant. - OS

In a Jedi Council scene, we will see Mace Windu discussing new assignments with Hayden and Ewan. Yoda, Agen Kolar, Stass Allie, and Saesee Tiin are among those present. -OS

A bronze/copper R2 unit named R4-G9 will be Obi-Wan's new astro droid for his Jedi Starfighter. - OS

Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padmé are in a scene described as "major" and "grim". - OS

Obi-Wan will swim in a body of water in the film. - OS

R4-P17 will return for scenes with Obi-Wan and will have a body added to the head that was seen in the Ep2 Starfighter. -OS

Obi-Wan will fly in a Jedi Starfighter in Ep2 and the scenes will include him calling to other pilots, describing the battle around him and other reactions. - OS

One scene on a landing platform will include Captain Typho, Padmé Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi and C-3PO. ILM will add in a digital speeder. - OS

Obi-Wan's new copper/bronze astro droid, R4-G9, will be included on a scene on another landing platform - which is more like a hangar bay. R4-G9 will be in Obi-Wan's starfighter and will not leave the ship, just as R2-P17 didn't in Ep2. - OS

The underwater tank set will feature a scene where Obi-Wan fights with droids. - RM

Obi-Wan and Anakin will have four scenes underwater which won't amount to much screentime. The first scene will involve Obi-Wan tangling with an enemy combatant and will involve close-ups of Obi-Wan. The last scene requires a wave machine and the water will fill a room to its ceiling. The set is lowered into the water to give the illusion of rising water. - OS

In one scene, an out-matched Obi-Wan fights over "Jedi business" and gets "clobbered". - OS

The lightsabers used by Obi-Wan and Anakin are ones we have seen before. - PH

Anakin and Obi-Wan's costumes will have discolorizations, cuts and burns from fighting and from their environment. - OS

The costume for Obi-Wan will have slight changes from the Ep2 look, which are changes to move the costume closer to the Obi-Wan look of Ep4. -TB

The headband worn by Obi-Wan in Ep2 is a "Jedi flight communicator" and will be seen again in Ep3, only it will be a different color. -TB

Early in the film, Anakin and Obi-Wan will wield lightsabers as partners fighting side-by-side, united against a common foe. - OS

Anakin will "save" Obi-Wan at one point during the film. -PH

Obi-Wan's actions in the film are pivotal to what ends the Clone Wars. -PH

Ewan and Hayden are the actors with the most screen time. -PH

At the beginning of the film Anakin and Obi-Wan are still good friends and we will see they have grown even closer since battling in the clone wars together. But Anakin has been building another friendship too... -PH

The reason Obi-Wan changes his name to "Ben" will be seen in the movie but not an explanation as to why he chose "Ben" as the specific name. -PH

Obi-Wan Kenobi will be hurled through the air, hit a wall, and collapse on the ground. -OS

Obi-Wan will enter a rocky cave in an alien wilderness. The cave will have craggy rocks and a circular opening. - OS

Obi-Wan will be seen in a new environment within the Jedi Temple and will fiddle with a high tech piece of equipment and a computer console imbedded inside a pillar. -OS

One scene in another new section of Jedi Temple will feature a conversation between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. Yoda will walk across the frame. -OS

Obi-Wan will become "General Kenobi" and the great hero of the Clone Wars. -DG

In one complicated action sequence, Obi-Wan will be on a new planet, fighting opponents and will concentrate on a group of armed thugs looking for a fight. The thugs will be very thin and wearing cloaks. These new baddies are much more of a challenge in a fight than battle droids or Geonosian drones. They will brandish weapons that are quite effective against Jedi. -OS

We will see evidence that Obi-Wan's Jedi skills have improved since Ep2 and he is also noticeably higher up in the Jedi hierarchy. -PH

Obi-Wan is still not fond of flying, and we will see new reasons why he still bemoans it. -PH

Obi-Wan will ride a non-terrestrial animal in a maroon saddle. The animal is very organic, fast, and agile. Obi-Wan is in for a hair-raising ride. -OS

Obi-Wan Kenobi is in Ep3 a lot! -PE

"Obi-Wan has more than 1,000 moves, which are more complicated to learn than dialogue." -NG

"So far, one shot sits by itself in the OMIT pile. Although it was completed, George Lucas cut a 72-frame long reaction shot of Obi-Wan Kenobi which had a relatively simple visual effect in it: a scorch mark painted onto a background wall. -OS

One shot shows Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi lit by the slotted blinds of Yoda's quarters. This shot will last 8 seconds. -OS

Obi-Wan watched a holographic image in one scene. -OS

The planet where Obi-Wan will ride a creature for transportation and talk to Commander Cody with the line, "lets get going we still have a battle to win..." (as seen on the webdoc) is not on a mountainous planet. Quite the opposite. -PH

We will not see anything specific about Obi-Wan serving directly for Bail Organa during the final Clone Wars, though it is understood that the handling of the war, such as it is, has fallen to the Senate. For a while, anyway. -PH

"Ewan McGregor can just do anything. I've known Ewan for years and whatever you give him to do, he can do it. I would have thought that no one could have become better than Ewan--after Phantom and Attack of the Clones, he just looked like the best. But Hayden learned fast and is now leagues ahead of everybody. He is terrifying!" -NG

"I developed different styles for the characters, and gave each of them a flaw or a bonus. So with Obi, for instance, he's got a very business-like style--when he was younger he could border on the flashy and might twirl his lightsaber a bit, because he was taught by Qui-Gonn. Qui-Gonn was brash, that rubbed off on Obi and Obi then taught Anakin, who was way too old to learn anyway." -NG

Ewan [McGregor, Obi-Wan Kenobi] had 1,000 moves to learn, as opposed to the three pages he had to learn in The Phantom Menace. -NG

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter has green coloring. The cockpit and the undercarriage are flat gray and gray-white. -PH

PADME SKYWALKER

"I'm going to be with child." - NP

"The children are born." - NP

At the end of the movie, the twins Luke and Leia are less than a month old. - RM

We will see Padmé pregnant in the film. - RM

We will see who was born first, Luke or Leia. - RM

Anakin knows Padme is pregnant and expecting. -PH

Padmé's back to wearing disguises. As well as now hiding this marriage to a Jedi, which is not allowed, she has to hide the fact that she's going to have babies. All of the costumes had to disguise these facts." - Iain McCaig

The challenges with Padmé's costume designs were to create outfits that allowed her to be a senator and still hide the fact that she is pregnant. - TB

Padmé remains the Senator from Naboo. - OS

Padmé is a Senator throughout Ep3. - RM

Padme and Threepio will be in a scene looking out a window of a palace at something spectacular. - OS

In one scene, Padmé and Obi-Wan will join C-3PO hurrying down a starship ramp to meet Bail Organa at its base. - OS

Padmé Amidala will be seen in the "Senate Office Building Main Hall". - OS

In one scene, Padmé, Obi-Wan and C-3PO will be "the scene that explains it all" on a vista with moderate winds. - OS

Narrow pieces of jewelry will become the basis of a larger costume prop for a Padmé headdress. - OS

One scene will be in "Padmé's Apartment" and we will see Padmé, Anakin and C-3PO. - OS

In the Senate Rotunda scene the Naboo delegation includes Senator Amidala, Captain Typho, Jar-Jar Binks, and Kristy Wright as a handmaiden. The seat next to Amidala is empty, awaiting a guest. - OS

Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padmé are in a scene described as "major" and "grim". - OS

One scene on a landing platform will include Captain Typho, Padmé Amidala, Obi-Wan Kenobi and C-3PO. ILM will add in a digital speeder. - OS

Another scene involved C-3PO and Padmé sitting at the controls of a Naboo starship with a cockpit that will resemble the one from the yacht seen in Ep2 when Anakin and Padmé flew to Geonosis. C-3PO will sit down in the scene. - OS

Though Padmé's screen time is less than that of Obi-Wan and Anakin, she will still have an important role and a fair amount of screen time. -PH

Given the nature of the involvement of Padme's family in Ep3, Pablo would be very surprised if their scenes were cut. -PH

"Padmé will not sit around all day, but she doesn't exactly wrestle a Nexu either." (regarding any action scenes) - PH

"Senator Bana Breemu helps put Padmé's mind at peace when she's in trouble." -Bai Ling

There are references to love (Anakin & Padme) in Ep3. -PH

Leia's recollections as described in Return of the Jedi have no inherent flaws and are valid given the greater context of the saga. But I suspect those looking for contradictions always find them. -PH

Padme's role is about the same size as that of Ep1. -PH

There are important scenes between Anakin & Padme that play out between them that inform us about the nature of their marriage. Remember, it is secret, so the moments they have together will be snatched when they can be, against a background of a busy galaxy at war. -PH

PALPATINE

"We will see more interaction between Anakin and Palpatine." - RM

Palpatine has several scenes with Anakin. -PH

"We will see the emperor and/or Anakin make use of the dark side of the force with lightning, chokes and more." - RM

We will definitely see Palpatine/Sidious use an "awesome display of the dark side of the force". - RM

Much of Palpatine's plan will be revealed in Ep3. - OS

Palpatine discusses a new assignment to Anakin in a scene in the Chancellor's office. - OS

One scene will be a Coruscant theater which will feature tiers of viewing boxes and an elaborate stage show for entertainment yet to be determined. Palpatine will be in this scene and a clue is that the show may be "refined and sophisticated". Palpatine will be seated, awaiting a guest. He will by joined by his aides Sly Moore and Mas Amedda and a pair of red robed guards. - OS

Palpatine and his entourage will be watching some performance art (Coruscant Theater) at one point in the film. The art will be created by ILM. -PH

The Coruscant theater scene with Palpatine will not be intercut with other sequences. -PH

A scene will feature Palpatine, Mas Amedda, and four red-robed guards in which they depart in a large shuttle. - OS

A scene will include Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Mace, and Bail Organa - as well as a swarm of Senators and planetary representatives, alien and human alike. - OS

Palpatine discusses a new assignment to Anakin in the Chancellor's Office. - OS

The Senate Rotunda scene will include Chancellor Palpatine, Sly Moore and Mas Amedda in their familiar positions on the Chancellor's podium. - OS

C-3PO has scene(s) with Palpatine in Ep3. - AD

Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) has a much larger and important role in Episode III (for obvious reasons). - OS

When asked if he had a favorite character in Ep3, Rick stated that he thought Palpatine was fantastic. - RM

The most often-quoted line on set is one spoken by Palpatine, which is cool and will likely make many a person's email signature. - PH

In Pablo's opinion, the most dramatic scene of shooting he has witnessed so far was the day Palpatine delivered a riveting performance, and the entire crew applauded because it was so well done. - PH

Regarding Ian's intensity in playing Palpatine in Ep3, "Ian doesn't hold anything back." - PH

Jimmy Smits and Ian McDiarmid seemed to be the actors that enjoyed wearing their costumes the most. Both have many more costumes than previous films and a number of costumes that could almost match Padmé's wardrobe in size. - TB

Palatine has more than one look/style of appearance in the film. -PH

Overall, Palpatine has much more screen time than Sidious. But Sidious will have much more screen time than seen in Ep2. -PH

Darth Sidious will remove his hood.-PH

Darth Sidious communicates with one of his evil henchmen via hologram. -OS

"You'd imagine that my character has been rather deskbound in the past but this time he will get to take part in the action. I can't give the story away as George Lucas would kill me but I have been engaged in far more physical activities than any of the other films. I have found myself sliding down chutes at speed and landing on heaps of rubber, it's been a completely new experience for me. I haven't had to go down the gym to get fit for the scenes but I did need a few rehearsals to get up to speed. Most of my scenes have been with Anakin Skywalker who eventually becomes Darth Vader." - IM

Darth Sidious uses his lightsaber. -NG

Darth Sidious will talk to people via hologram in Ep3. -OS

Ep3 will explain how and why Palpatine looks the way he does in ROTJ and why he did not look like that in Ep1 & 2. -PH

Sidious gets his hands dirty in this one. -PH

Darth Sidious has much more screentime in Ep3 than he did in Ep2. -PH

Darth Sidious is a human, in case there was any doubt. -PH

There is nothing in Ep3 addressing anti-alien politics by Palpatine. That is left for the EU. -PH

There will be three shots that establish the upscale entertainment venue wherein Palpatine catches a show in the posh Coruscant theater, filled to capacity with the high society of the capital planet. The theater is in the upper strata of the "entertainment district," the glassy neon-filled expanse that Obi-Wan and Anakin tore through in Episode II. The exterior of the building has an immense spot lit globe that presumably contains the auditorium. With a laser pointer, George points out possible places for limo traffic and droid valets to congregate. Palpatine's will be seated in one of several balconies. There will be many rows of stadium seating. But what draws the eye in certain camera angle is a bizarre zero gravity performance art of alien design which will be accompanied by unique alien music. While the show will demand attention, there is also important dialogue to be heard in the scene. -OS

In the theater balcony, Palpatine is accompanied by Mas Amedda, Sly Moore, and a pair of Royal Guards, plus another face. A computer-generated alien sits to the left behind the Supreme Chancellor. The alien guest isn't terribly important -- it's just there for visual diversity. -PH

THE SABER DUEL

The classic saber of Ep4 Ben Kenobi will be among the sabers in use. - OS

The major focus is the breakdown in friendship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. - SW Insider

It won't be the special effects that make the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel so thrilling, it will be the betrayal. - RM

The lightsabers used by Obi-Wan and Anakin are ones we have seen before. - PH

The Anakin/Kenobi duel is a lengthy one and will span many sets and travel a lot of distance. - OS

One of the several settings for the duel with have red-gelled lights providing a glow to the set. - OS

The duel will be a fierce confrontation and will keep up the pace for a while. Some of the fighting will take place on an incline...and "Anakin is weak on a slope", as Nick Gillard pointed out in his webchat and meant it literally. - OS

Anakin and Obi-Wan's costumes will have discolorizations, cuts and burns from fighting and from their environment. - OS

Who is the aggressor and who is the defender will alternate during the duel. - OS

In one setting for the duel, Obi-Wan and Anakin will move over a large area but will careful of their footing. There will be "obstacles". - OS

At one point in the duel, Anakin and Obi-Wan will look off-screen at a distraction. Their eyes will be looking at different spots of this distraction itself. - OS

The duel will have a segment in a darkened room with a metallic surface with mechanical structures. And later the duel will move to isolated platforms. Anakin will circle his former master (Obi-Wan). -OS

During one point in the duel, either Anakin or Obi-Wan will swipe his lightsaber blade against an outcropping and sever it. -OS

The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan is not a gentleman's duel. It will get nasty. -PH

During the duel there will be a segment when Anakin and Obi-Wan dangle from cables, swinging to and fro. The wires being used are supposed to be visible The Jedi will be wearing the "weathered and beaten" robes. -OS

At one point during the duel, debris will fall and one the characters will deflect it (likely with a lightsaber). -OS

Some of the words spoken during the duel "will cut as deeply as lightsabers". -OS

At one point during the duel, it will involve four characters. -OS

"The Epic duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan will be the longest lightsaber duel ever." - NG

"The duel involves some of the fastest dueling I have ever seen. It almost appears artificially sped-up. It's just that fast." - PH

There are parts of the duel when Anakin and Obi-Wan move even faster than the Maul/Obi-Wan duel in Ep1. -PH

Red-gel lighting provides atmosphere for the duel scenes. There are also flashes from strobe lights going off to signify an alert to some kind of hazard. -OS

Anakin and Obi-Wan will push their weapons into counter-tops and control panels and the FX Dept ignited squibs that burst to fill the frame and cover the actors with bright sparks and debris. -OS

The fight involves leaps and throws at an accelerated rate. -OS

Obi-Wan and Anakin have a moment where they collide with a control panel and land hard against a rough surface. The control panels and display screens have many unyielding protrusions. -OS

One huge wall has a very thick blast door rigged which is opened by chains. One character will open it using muscle power. - OS

Knowing what happens in Ep3 makes Paul see the classic trilogy in a new light. He specifically mentioned how he has a new understanding of the depth of friendship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. He now gets a lump in his throat when Vader strikes down Kenobi in Ep4. -PE

"The final fight sequence in this film should surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far. It’s the longest, I can’t give you specifics, but it is quite the bad-assed fight scene. Nick Gilliard has done an amazing job instilling an arc of story in the fight. It justifies, because you know Anakin and Obi-Wan have it out, but Anakin is the chosen one-he is supposed to be the best. But he comes out on the shorter end of the stick in the fight. It justifies it really nicely as the fight progresses." - HC

The Anakin/Obi-Wan duel is very fast, similar to the speed of the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul duel. -NG

"The climactic fight scene is, at 12 minutes, the longest fight scene in cinema history." -NG

The Anakin/Obi-Wan fight will be the longest SW fight ever. It is currently edited at 10-12 minutes. -NG

"I saw a pretty amazing fight scene between Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen. It's pretty sick. They did it all themselves. They were thinking of having stuntmen do it, but they were better than the stuntmen. It's pretty awesome." -NP

Obi-Wan of course defeats Anakin in Ep3, but winning one fight does not necessarily make one the best at it. -NG

As it stands now, the final duel will not be intercut with other action sequences, though that is subject to change. -NG

"Geographically, the duel covers the most distance of any other swordfight on film. And depending on the way they cut it, it should be the longest swordfight, timewise, that's ever been on film." - HC

As scripted, the final duel exhausts almost the entirety of the Jedi bag of tricks. -PH

There will be some dialogue during the duel. It is far more chattier than the Ep5 duel. -PH

The duel will occur on a brand new planet. But it's long been the stuff of legend, so obviously those who have been following the saga from its earliest days have some idea of what it will be like. -PH

"The duel is a monster of a sequence. I had a couple of years to think about it and think about what George had told me about it, and it was daunting because I knew how important that sequence is. I spent probably a year deconstructing the Jedi style of fighting to make it work. I had Hayden with me eight weeks before we started shooting it and I had Ewan six weeks, which wasn't really enough time, so we often had to rehearse at weekends during the filming. If it comes out like I saw it being shot, it's going to be phenominal." -NG

"The duel will explain how Obi-Wan is able to defeat his protege, even though Anakin has been established as the most powerful Jedi who ever lived. Obi-Wan taught Anakin and Anakin has gone past him. But when you get to that duel, it's emotional. That's where the mistake will be made. And if you know the characters, you know Obi-Wan isn't going to get emotional and he doesn't make mistakes." -NG

Anakin's grisly demise at the end of the duel is set to be one of the most chilling moments in the entire saga. -NG

PLOT DETAILS

Leia's recollections as described in Return of the Jedi have no inherent flaws and are valid given the greater context of the saga. But I suspect those looking for contradictions always find them. -PH

The reason why we do not see organizations like the Trade Federation, Commerce Guild, Techno Union etc. is because they are absorbed by the Empire by Ep4. That's a major reason as to how the Empire gets its vast war machine. Episode III will start that ball rolling, but it's not something that happens onscreen. -PH

By the end of Ep3 we will know why some Jedi disappear and others do not. -PH

SHIPS

"There are lots of new ship designs." - RM

"We will get to see OT Starships in Episode III." - GB

"We will see the next step in evolution of the Republic ship to the Imperial ships." - JK

"We will see many new worlds." - RM

"There's more planets in Ep3 than any previous SW film." - JK

"There will be new Starfighters for the rest of the Jedi. The new starfighters will have new weapons and fight in big battles." - GB

The Jedi Starfighters have a gray undercoat, but there's a specific hue to them keyed to their pilot. At least two Jedi Council members will be seen behind the stick. -PH

There are some very interesting new starfighter designs making their debut in Episode III. -PH

We will see Neimoidian pilots.- OS

We will see scenes on the bridge of the Trade Federation capital ship. - OS

The newly designed Jedi starfighter will now feature bold, aggressive lines further bridging the gap between ship designs from the prequels to the classic trilogy. The ship will feature designs and functions first seen in the toy version of the previous Jedi starfighter but were not used in the film itself (Ep2). - OS

The new Jedi starfighter is designed with a removable cockpit. - OS

The differences in the Jedi Starfighters is mostly cosmetic, but you'll be able to tell who is who. -PH

The Trade federation Cruiser will be a new design. Pablo is unsure on how large the ship will be on film but he expects it to be larger than the Republic Cruisers. -PH

We will see prototype TIE Fighters. -RC

We will see evidence of Rebel Alliance ships. -RC

The new Federation Cruiser is a large and aggressive warship. It will look "slightly familiar". -RC

You will see distinct capital ship and starfighter evolutions, and in some cases, finished product, but I won't get more specific than that. Not yet, anyhow. -PH

The Jedi Starfighter is not the same design seen in Ep2. -RC

Ryan designed the prototype for the X-Wing. -RC

It is doubtful we will see Dooku's Solar Sailor ship in Ep3. -RC

We will see some brand new vehicle designs. The Art Dept had to move forward from the Ep2 designs and moved in the direction of merging with Ep4. -DG

There is one speeder that has a very detailed name in the script. -PH

We will see huge fleets of starships. -DG

There are no scenes in which N1 Starfighters are scripted. But Pablo can think of one scene where they may be added. -PH

"George has definitely answered a lot of the questions that people had over the years about how this particular thing happened or why this person is this way, you know...who is connected to this and who is connected to that." -SLJ

There will be some new and old capital warships seen in the opening space battle. -PH

The new Jedi Starfighters are not shiny, but dull with scuff marks. -PH

SETS/LOCATIONS

Sets/Locations

"We will see a number of sets and environments returning from the OT." - GB

There will be quite aq few new unheard of worlds in Episode 3. -PH

One of the planets could be described as a "mountain" planet, but not overwhelmingly so. -PH

There will be some montage style shots, where we will see see some scenes in fairly quick succession panning out over several worlds, which is why the confirmed number of planets and their design keeps vascillating. -PH

Most the new planets are brand new ones to the saga. -PH

"We will be seeing more of Coruscant." - JK

Due to the Clone Wars, the round Jedi Council room now has visible scuff marks and wear. The chairs of the Jedi Council are marked and torn, being visual cues that things have been chaotic and difficult these past 3 years. - OS

"Tatooine will tie everything together in Ep3." - RM

One of the sets is the Trade Federation capital ship where we will see many action-related sequences. - OS

The largest stage was used for Padmé's apartment and the Trade Federation cruiser bridge. - OS

One set is of a hangar bay where we will see the clones. - OS

One shooting stage was used to create a pillared verandah, the elevator lobby, and the Jedi Temple interior that had that long staircase in it.

Visually, Ep3 is the most ambitious film yet due to all the number of new planets. - RM

A new alien planet will feature a landing platforms and breezy winds. The architecture of the planet is curved and ribbed and gives the environment an alien feel. The planet will be primarily digitally created since it is unlike any earthly environment where location shooting could help. - OS

Naboo does not get destroyed in Ep3. -PH

Geonosis will not be seen in Ep3. -PH

Kamino will not be seen in Ep3. -PH

Dantooine will not be seen in Ep3. -PH

The scenes scheduled for March 2004 are less than a dozen and "aren't any more seismic in their revelations". -OS

The windy environment in Ep3 is a concept in which Ralph McQuarrie had done previous designs. George decided to re-visit the idea and give it a fresh pass. -RC

To avoid repetition, the design crew has developed a new look for the outer space locations. -RC

Most of the Coruscant designs will expand on previously seen locations. There are a few new locations on Coruscant we will see - and one in particular that Ryan thinks is really cool. -RC

We will see a new location on Naboo. -RC

There is an entirely new digital environment that will be bigger than anything seen in any Star Wars film and will be very challenging for ILM. -DG

One of the Original Trilogy locations has sunken crew pits, hand rails, control panels, personal computers, and viewports. Letters on the controls read "DEFLECTOR SHIELDS", "REACTOR STATUS", and "REBEL SCUM DETECTOR", "VADER PROXMITY DETECTOR", "Coast Clear. Goof Off", and "He's behind you. Look busy." - OS

Scenes include Palpatine's office, the Jedi Temple, Padmé's apartment and Padmé's verandah. New angles and changes in Coruscant's skyline necessitate new views of the returning locales. -OS

There is no Dagobah cave explanation or involvement in Ep3. It served its purpose in Ep5. -PH

That warehouse district (Sidious's lair) from Ep2 does not return for Ep3. -PH

There are no cantinas in Ep3. The most social scenes like that were in Ep2. Ep3 does have a bit of that, but nothing like a cantina. -PH

There is no Sith Temple in Ep3. -PH

Acronym Key:

GL = George Lucas (Director)

OS = Official Site (starwars.com)

RM = Rick McCallum (Producer)

NP = Natalie Portman (Actor)

HC = Hayden Christensen

RB = Roger Barton (Film Editor)

IM = Ian McDiarmid

C2 = Celebration II

BB = Ben Burtt (Sound Editor)

JEJ = James Earl Jones (Voice Actor)

JK = John Knoll (Visual Effects/ILM)

PE = Paul Ens (Official Site)

GB = Gavin Bocquet (Production Designer)

JE = Joel Edgerton (Actor)

PM = Peter Mayhew (Actor)

RC = Rob Coleman (Visual Effects/ILM Supervisor)

BS = Bruce Spence (Actor)

AD = Anthony Daniels (Actor)

TB = Trisha Biggar (Costume Designer)

SLJ = Samuel L. Jackson (Actor)

PH = Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Webcam)

RC = Ryan Church (Concept Artist)

DG = Dan Gregoire (Pre-Visualization Effects Supervisor)

DB = Don Bies (Droid Unit Supervisor)

NG = Nick Gillard (Stunt Coordinator/Swordmaster)

Still with me?

Okay thats your lot for now. I'll of course update when I have more. But if you want more now just go to The Force Net Episode III

Obi-Wan :blink: