Rex Hall 1946 - 2010

prendy9160

I thought that i would let some of you know that that Rex Hall passed away today, i know that there will be some people that may have never met him.

He was responsable for bringing the Cosmonauts over to the first show that Dave put on, so i only thought it was right to start this thread to say that he will greatly missed by all at the shows.

He was awarded the MBE a few years ago and was also closely linked with the Russian space program and the BIS

Please if you knew him just make a small comment, as a mark of respect.

Our thoughts are with his wife Lynn and his loved ones at this time.

Paul Prendergast

Edited by prendy9160

I find great difficulty in expressing the extent to which I will miss this amazing and wonderful person.

He is no longer there to:

-promptly reply to my emails

-offer information and knowledge

-facilitate contacts with individual cosmonauts

and do all this in the most friendly and obliging manner.

Rest in Peace, Rex. You are irreplacable.

Condolences to Lynn.

• 1 month later...

In the latest (August) copy of B.I.S. Spaceflight magazine theres a very nice two page appriciation of Rex by his freind Dave Shayler...

Well done Dave, your respect and freindship comes over as A-OK...

Although I knew of Rex through his work in 'Spaceflight' I only met Rex the twice but he was always freindly to me, the last time he asked me how many autographs I had in my 'Who's Who in Space' (Rex contributed the Soviet section) - I replied about 30 and although he replied he had 350 he never bragged or gloated but encouraged me to keep at it and qouted a friend of his who had 450! BUT he lived in Houston and took holidays in Russia!

Rest in Peace Rex, the Universe is dimmer...

Regards all

von Dawson's Express