Complaint against crew member

dscott390

Hi

I thought that I post this topic here seeing as its more of a general enquiry than wholly related to Collectormania 16. I would like to make an official complaint against one of the crewmembers at the above show. Suffice it to say, I will not be naming names here but the crewmember in question's conduct was unacceptable and frankly, quite rude.

Do Showmasters have an official complaints procedure or is there anything similar?

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Mods sorry if this indeed is in the wrong place.

I don't think there is an official procedure for complaining although I may be wrong.

If you have a complaint about a crew member, ideally you should ask at the organisers desk at the event to speak to someone.

If you won't be at the event again this weekend, your best bet is to e-mail SM directly.

Hope this helps.

The proper way of dealing with complaints against crew is to speak to the Pit Boss or Organisers Booth at the show itself, so that something could be done there and then.

However, then failing that I suppose you could email them directly on info@showmastersonline.com

I am very sorry that you have a complaint. But it's good that you have a name, that makes things easier.

Are you going to be at the event again tomorrow?

There's not a real office procedure or something, but usually we recommend asking for the Pit Boss of that area on the day after the incident happened. Pitbosses are the crew members in the red shirts. Let them know what happened and they will deal with it.

Of course this isn't an option for the current situation anymore, so it's more a general recommendation if something happens again - fingers crossed you will never need that info again.

If you are at the event tomorrow please go to the Organisers Booth and ask for TooTall, he is the head of crew. Explain to him what happened and he will deal with it.

If you're not going back tomorrow you could either call the office or explain what happened in an e-mail to info@showmastersonline.com.

EDIT: I type too much apparently. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Thanks Queen_Sindel and everyone else for replying.

I'm going to consider pursueing it. I think in light of the fact that it really was a fantastic show, I don't think I'll trouble the crew with a complaint.

Unfortunately although I'm local, if I do come back tomorrow, it'll only be to pick up a photoshoot. I will however consider ringing the office or emailing them.

Whereabouts is the office number located please?

Thanks again

The phone number is 01908 671138, from the contact info on the website.

If something like that happens SM do want to know about it. They want everyone to have the best possible experience. So if you find the time to try and ring or drop them a line that would be great.

I would like to think that most crew would want to know if they'd caused a problem in any way - after all we are only human. I know that if I'd caused offence to anyone (especially if I accidentally deafened them in the photoshoot area on Saturday) they would find the time to say something - if not to me then my pit boss. After all, we learn from our mistakes.....

Sorry to hear this, rude people always spoil the fun of conventions but it really shouldn't be a crew member. I would speak to someone in charge there personally while it had happened, so if you can go back mention it there? Gladly some people already replied and I am sure you will now find a way to deal with this. Hope the rest of your weekend wasn't spoiled and you still had a good one :)

I would like to think that most crew would want to know if they'd caused a problem in any way - after all we are only human. I know that if I'd caused offence to anyone (especially if I accidentally deafened them in the photoshoot area on Saturday) they would find the time to say something - if not to me then my pit boss. After all, we learn from our mistakes.....
If you are who I think you are (we had a quick chat on Saturday regarding madness/leaving at 5.30am to attend these events) then loudness, with clear instructions, is exactly what is required for organising photshoot queues - nice work! Edited by 1of2

If you are who I think you are (we had a quick chat on Saturday regarding madness/leaving at 5.30am to attend these events) then loudness, with clear instructions, is exactly what is required for organising photshoot queues - nice work!

lol I am indeed who you think I am - good to meet a fellow 5am nutter :D

Hope the rest of your time was good.