Need some help!

Orangepeel

• Moderators

Usually I do ones like Collectormania and London Film & Comic Con as they have a wide variety of guests from TV and film, and I'm into so many different things :(

Might do Hub 4 .. hoping to do Bitten (True Blood) and Roadhouse (Supernatural), and then maybe this one too depending on the guests.

Obviously as I've been doing them for years, I've met quite a few, so I have to weigh up the lineup with cost. Though I'll be going to the Twilight one soon just to catch up with friends. I'd love to go to Hallowhedon for the Halloween stuff :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

No, you could register Saturday morning.

All that happens on Friday is registration (for most), Opening Ceremony (guests on stage just saying hi for a couple of minutes), Gold Pass reception, and a party.

All the signings, photos and talks take place on the Sat/Sun, so you would still get everything.

That is good news then!! :YAHOO:

I might take my boyfriend to Better Than Life 2, if i can get time off. I think Cat is going to be there and he loves him. That one is not as dear either.

I must likely would get there late Friday anyway if i had to do that.

Do the guests go to the parties?

• Moderators

I went to Better Than Life 1, and it was very enjoyable. Definitely good value for money, and Danny John Jules (Cat) was fantastic there. Loves to talk!

The guests can go to the parties if they choose to, though how long they stick around depends on how the attendees act. As you can imagine, it can get a little crazy and they can get scared off .. but I've seen others that have been given space and treated with respect, and they've stayed for most of the night :YAHOO:

• Moderators

:YAHOO: I'm sure you're not a stalker. I use FB these days, but all the info is pretty much the same :poki:

BTL is a very similar format, though it was a smaller event as you can imagine for the price. It was worth the money for me as I'd never been to a RD con and didn't have any of their autos.

• Moderators

You'll come away from the con with a whole pile of new friends, no matter how well you do or don't get to know them beforehand.

And of course, once you've been to one that's you sunk, you'll want to keep going to more and more... (my first was Hub 2 last March... and I am planning on at least 4 this year including this one)

• Moderators

They didn't sell out of standard tickets at all for the last one - very rarely does a convention /completely/ sell out.

(I considered turning up on the day and getting a ticket for the last one, but was exhausted from Hub 3 being only the weekend before)

That is good news!

So does it mean you can still get photos took or will they run out of those?

I am not sure how this works.

I went to a gig once and met Karl from Neighbours but we all lined up and like when he had enough he stopped. There was a lot of people!

• Moderators

That is good news!

So does it mean you can still get photos took or will they run out of those?

I am not sure how this works.

I went to a gig once and met Karl from Neighbours but we all lined up and like when he had enough he stopped. There was a lot of people!

If you buy a photoshoot ticket you'll get a photo - and I'm pretty sure they allow enough that every person attending the convention can get a photo with a guest if they want one...

Okay. It is kinda scary. I am worried i will get a standard and end up there and not be able to get a photo, then i will cry!

i wouldnt worry about it, really, if james marsters didnt sell out at hallowhedon 1 i doubt tony will at this.