WHATS ON IN YOUR DVD/BLU-RAY PLAYER?

Kyle Beech

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched George A. Romero's Survival of the dead, let me begain to say this is much better than his Diary of the dead and has better acting than Day of the dead but sadly it dosent match up to Dawn of the dead, I think a Zombie film will never match it. But Iam happy to say this is one of my favourites to add to my Romero collection, the acting is great and the story line is a good story, hope this is not his last zombie film as im sure he will bring a master piece like Dawn one day.

Watched Survival of the dead, don't get me wrong I am a great fan of George's Zombie flicks and I did enjoy this latest one, however, I really wish the whole battle between the two groups on the island had been done differently, I got fed up with the constant speeches and arguing and would rather the story had been about getting to the island, clearing it of zombies and setting up a new community and dealing with life after the dead rise.

Guess I sorted of hoped it would follow along similar lines to the Walking Dead series of graphic novels, looks like that is being made into a mini-series so looking forward to that.

Anyway, don't let the above put you off. Yes it does have it's faults, one of which is that it's not scary at all but the effects are pretty good. There are a few good zombie deaths, (loads of head shots etc) the acting I thought wasn't great. However, Romero made good use of the location and some island scenes had autumnal/fairytale feel about them to give it a good 'look'.