24 - Day 8 (UK Pace)

Will Jones

Yeah that was cool and it was a big surprise when both Jurgen Prochnow turned up and then Callum Keith Rennie's picture flashed up in CTU (the big screens on the only wall thats not Easy Jet Orange LOL).

Wonder if Katee will end up interogating him again like in the 1st season of BSG? :chair:

Despite a shaky start, it's all coming together nicely.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him. Still, no Stephen Merchant is he?!

Just while I think of it, what are the chances of swapping the 24 Thread with the Prison Break section of the Forum? Prison Break looks like its gone for good now and no one has posted anything new in there for ages now while this thread looks like its going to be busy-ish, at least while this new season is running.

Edited by Count Fooku

I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him. Still, no Stephen Merchant is he?!

Just while I think of it, what are the chances of swapping the 24 Thread with the Prison Break section of the Forum? Prison Break looks like its gone for good now and no one has posted anything new in there for ages now while this thread looks like its going to be busy-ish, at least while this new season is running.

Any reason for the double post in one Count?

loving it so far but katiee's character subplot is starting to become like kim and the cougar :-(

like that the story is a little more low key, bills death was great but the whole white house ambush was a bit far fetched for me last year.

really wanna see one man killing machine jack in action though, not happened yet this year

So far Jack is swinging less than Westlife's album of Rat Pack covers. What is going on with David Anders accent as well? One minute he sounds Russian, then American then English!

It sounds like I've done nothing but moan about this season but for me its been pretty poor stuff so far, none of the characters are especially interesting and the action has been pretty low key as well. I think the problem is now with 24 the storylines just feel stale now, there doesn't seem to be anything new happening so it just feels like watching a re-run of previous seasons.

I think that this season is building nicely. A few more little twists and turns. Jack's demeanour has chanegd in that he istryign to stop Renee going where he went and barely came out alive. He is now mroe the handler/mentor than the gung ho Jack we have known before. Renee going "dark" with Vladamir notched it up a bit, and David Anders is a big question mark as you don't knwo yet whether he will end up a good guy or bad guy. Obviously the onion will be peeled and someone new being in charge of the pliot. I have a sneaking suspicion that Renee may go totally rogue. It would make a nice change.

I'm enjoying it but maybe because Day 7 appeared to be so action orientated, that why Day 8 seems to be lacking 'something'.

That said I think both day 6 and 7 for me hit the heights in mid season and the ending was almost an anti climax, maybe the writers felt the same and are saving the big action for the second half of the season.

Most of the new CTU characters are less than inspiring and although I'm a big fan of Katee Sackhoff and think she's doing a fine job in this show in a different type of role to what she normally plays, I find her character very frustrating, I mean, wake up girl, what you're doing is not going to end up causing you less trouble than your true past coming to light now, so annoying! Freddie Prince Jr seems a waste of space at the moment too.

I'm sure it will get better....

The thing that some people forget is that the entire season is based over one day. Under normal circumstances Sackhoff's character would realise what she is doing will lead to trouble, and other characters would start to develop. You cannot have characters change too much as it would not make sense.

Thats a fair point, however for a character who has obviously been very skilled at keeping their former identity secret, they have in the space of 6 hours have gone from trying to avoid phone calls, to put the guy up in her house and now supplying ID cards for them.

It's only a show, but watching the above led to one of those 'what the hell are you doing' shouts at the screen moments, LOL.

Maybe there is more to this whole subplot than we can see at the moment.

Thats a fair point, however for a character who has obviously been very skilled at keeping their former identity secret, they have in the space of 6 hours have gone from trying to avoid phone calls, to put the guy up in her house and now supplying ID cards for them.

She never had a choice over the appartment bit. He turned up at CTU and she needed to think fast. She also needed to think fast when he had her by her throat.

I find her particular storyline realistic. Blackmail does happen. People do have lots to lose. So, her doing things she obviously doesn't want to does happen. I think she is playing the frightened Data Analyst well. She is not a CTU Agent in the vein of Kiefer or Freddie. She is backup staff like Chloe.

I think that part of the problem is though we have seen this sort of storyline a few times already in 24 so it doesn't feel especially fresh.

It's the same with David Anders character looking to be the inside man with conflicted loyalties who finally helps the good guys (thats not a spoiler, its just a guess at what might happen).

Even the whole bit about the Russians not being the real bad guys and a greater threat sitting behind them is a bit too obvious now. It's almost like its a bit too hard to care about them as villains knowing that someone far more sinister is lurking behind them!

Was home for the weekend and decided to watch the episodes of 24 that had been recorded. I was pretty excited since I love the show, but I felt kinda disappointed after watching the first 3 and haven't watched the others left on the planner yet. Perhaps I expected too much, but it didn't seem as good as previous seasons. Maybe it picks up though, since I only watched the first 3 so when I'm next home I'm going to give it another try.

Was thinking episode seven was a bit dull and then we had the 'when Renee gets angry' scene, certainly woke me up!!

News on the internet is that filming has ground to a halt as Keifer was injured during filming, they still hope to complete the series in time for series to air without a break.

Good to see Jack get back into the 'swing' of things.

Much better pace to the episode, absolutely flew by. Also, with Dana apparently just about to get her revenge, that story is at last becoming more interesting.

Only a third of the way through, hopefully the momentum will continue to build and not peter out mid season like in some previous seasons.

Certainly, although it's 'only' nuclear material thats being hunted down, the actual threat hasn't really surfaced yet, plenty of fun ahead me thinks.

Part 9 was another good episode,the pace is definately building.

The Dana blackmail storyline appears to have come to an end at last, shame she had to rely on Cole to sort them out.

Looking ominous for Farhad Hassan, will be sad to see his haircut go! :wub:

oh and had to laugh at 'another' reason being found for Jack to stay around. Hopefully there will be a double episode in a couple of weeks time to mark the mid season point, it's just flying by.