Shatner & Nichols

matrix8

William Shatner is a love god!

Correction...

William Shatner is a "fan unfriendly, ignorant" love god!!!!

Is he really?

I didnt know that. Its a running joke in my family because I once mentioned that I thought he was sexy.

But then I have got issues!

Katie

Having met both Shatner and Nichols, I have to say that in all honesty, they're not experiences that I'd wish to repeat anytime soon!

Well. . .I exaggerate slightly. . .Nichols was OK (just about), and DID allow photos, but everything you ever heard, read, or been told about "The Fat Git" is entirely true. :lol:

Apart from meeting them to get their signatures, there's no other reason as to why I'd want to meet them again. .. but then, their signature is all that I or anyone else will ever get out of them.

I have to agree with Bear re Shatner (though I wouldn't quite put it with so much venom!!)

I have met almost every Major Trek actor and some on more than one occasion.. I found Nichelle OK and probably more than OK when I met her fo an official photo op, albeit briefly..

Shatner is a different proposition and I can honestly say he is the most fan unfriendly Trek guest I have ever met..

I would like to say that I met Nichelle in Cardiff and she was cool. I have met a few Trek peeps and personally found Roxanne (c4) "unfriendly" (for a mental-block of another description), all about just writing her name and not chatting and meeting fans, such as George Takei and Rene who were absolutley brilliant!

xx

Edited by surfy_sah

I think a lot depends on the time of the day you meet them, most people are flagging by late in the day.

George Takei was probably the friendliest I have met. Denise Crosby also seemed very pleasant.

I found Marina Sirtis and Roxann Dawson both a bit cold and looking like they didn't really want to be there.

When I met Walter Koenig he seemed almost like a Zombie, I can only assume he was not feeling well that day.

I have never met Shatner, but I have heard a lot of negative stuff about him. Was Tim Allen's character in Galaxy Quest based on him ?

Having said that , if he was at LFACC or C5 I would still be queuing up. I would rather meet and get a photo of a grumpy trek guest, than not get one at all, although it is nice if they are reasonably pleasant as part of the experience.

I don't know if anyone has ever met Bill Blair, he played some bit parts in Trek I think and has cropped up in some other Sci Fi stuff as well in small roles. In terms of meeting Trek related guests he was by far the best and spent plenty of time chatting about his trek experiences.

It'd be great if they could get Shatner and Nichols, even tho I agree with Colonel Jack lol, that Shatner's verr hard to get hold of....... I've met both of them before, and Ms. Nichols was actually quite lovely, very friendly and dignified bless her...... Mr. Shatner was also fine/professional, not as outgoing but when you consider how long these particular bunch of people have been doing this kinda thing, I'm not surprised the novelty's slightly worn off.... just one of those things I guess.....and he is in his 70's!

My personal experience at C4 with the 3 Trek guests echos some that've been said here already.....George was absolutely lovely and chatty, Rene was warm and friendly.....and unfortunately my namesake was neither, kinda polite but aloof ...she also looked a bit uncomfortable, which is a shame.....but again it's one of those things, nice to have had the opportunity to have met her anyway. That's the thing about these shows, at least you get first hand experience, and like GoldenGreen said, despite anyone's rep, I'd rather queue than not! :gorgeous: