Erm... Why this show?

SlippDigby

I really loved the Olympia venue myself, it seemed more homely than other events. It seemed warmer inside, and I don't meen temperature wise, it just seemed nicer to be in there and cosier and friendlier! Definately glad it's going to be regular. One more event to the callendar can never hurt!

• 2 weeks later...

It can, it can hurt my bank balance.Lmao, I didn't get to go this year due to financial problems but depending in what i do next year, (I'm going to Germany in october) I might try hit this one, just trying to rmember what olympia looks like i went about 5 years ago to a makeup artist trade show. But I like the sound of the feed back. Hmmmm might have to consider it.

I also preferred Olympia to Earl's Court.

It had a better atmosphere, felt a bit friendlier if you get that, and it seemed to be a little less crowded despite there being a zillion folk in attendance.

Definitely a good choice!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It does mean that there are a lot of events very close together in October & November and there will be big demands for limited time & money. Perhaps spreading them out with a few in the beginning of the year would be better.

CML was brilliant, though yes the end of the year is choka, perhaps this or One of the Mk CM's could be in jan or feb? from next year onwards, im looking forward to cmL this year ;-)

Much prefer Olympia 2 to Earl's Court. It has more atmosphere and is less hangar-like. I also like the fact that it is on 2 levels.

i think the split levels helped crowd control. and the lighting was better than EC, but i think ec is better for lager numbers in queueing both inside and out.

but yer despite being smaller it seemed to work, although the catering outlet was rammed, I stood in a corner with a sandwich close to the loos as everywhere else was taken that had space lol. if I had to choose based on 1 event at each for me id go with oylmpia but i work at EC so its an easier day, i can just slip down to the office and relax between shoots, talks ect, but as a punter visiting id go with Olympia i think at the moment

• 2 months later...