thoughts on david soul

indio

Myself and the good lady met him. He seemed nice and thanked us for coming. He said how much he loved that we'd brought a model Gran Torino along as well as getting a photo signed.

He also said he was personalising everything and turned someone away who didn't want a personalisation. I can only think of one reason he'd want to personalise things and that's because he's there for the fans and not the dealers, therefore he personalises the photo's etc to make them special to those who really want to keep (read treasure) his autograph on something special.

(no offence to dealers intended).

Can't speak for dealers but I always think its odd when people think just because you don't want stuff personalised you're not a fan.

I'm a fan of his work, but I hate personalisations because they're always fake. Which destroys any value the signature would have to me.

If he has to ask my name its not a real personalisation. Just my opinion, I'm not bothered by people who like that sort of insincerity.

As for the theory that dealers are bothered by personalisations I suspect they're less concerned than fans as its easy enough to remove a personalisation, even black sharpie can be lifted from photos. But as a fan I don't do that as it changes what they wrote and that would be as wrong, to me, as a fake personalisation.

Edited by DavidSimons

Myself and the good lady met him. He seemed nice and thanked us for coming. He said how much he loved that we'd brought a model Gran Torino along as well as getting a photo signed.

He also said he was personalising everything and turned someone away who didn't want a personalisation. I can only think of one reason he'd want to personalise things and that's because he's there for the fans and not the dealers, therefore he personalises the photo's etc to make them special to those who really want to keep (read treasure) his autograph on something special.

(no offence to dealers intended).

Can't speak for dealers but I always think its odd when people think just because you don't want stuff personalised you're not a fan.

I'm a fan of his work, but I hate personalisations because they're always fake. Which destroys any value the signature would have to me.

If he has to ask my name its not a real personalisation. Just my opinion, I'm not bothered by people who like that sort of insincerity.

As for the theory that dealers are bothered by personalisations I suspect they're less concerned than fans as its easy enough to remove a personalisation, even black sharpie can be lifted from photos. But as a fan I don't do that as it changes what they wrote and that would be as wrong, to me, as a fake personalisation.

It's your opinion & that's cool but I dont really see how personalisations are fake. Just because they ask your name doesnt mean it's fake, how they supposed to know unless your either have written on you or you tell them. They have not met you before so surely it's not stupid to ask what your name is and the definition of personalisation is to just make it more personal. They would only be fake if they said something that wasnt true, simply wanting to put your name before their signature is a personalisation, that is all they are.

Yeah I always find them putting my name more personal to me, despite them just finding out my name. Its better for me than just having a signature.

I'm never going to sell my autogrpahs, they have too many fond memories for me, so having my name on them adds to that for me.

I met him on saturday for the signing of my pitcure and he seemed a bit tired, that's true.. But he was nice, smiled and shaked my hand nevertheless. I was happy he personnalized my photo, as i hate when actors don't personnalise (like P. Stewart).. i mean without a personnalization, i feel like you could have bought it anywhere... (and sometimes for less money than when you actually meet them)... so it doesn't feel that "special" to me..

On sunday, i met him while in my koala costume and that was a really great experience... He waved for me to come closer, shook my paws, made some nice comments about the costume...

Was great to interact with him "in the fur":)

• Showmasters Admin

i think having a thread on one guest and what people think of him over the weekend is a little strange , were people dissect each meeting he did meet over 600 people over the weekend and most had a good time meeting him so i think its best to close this thread as we all know guest come on here too ;)

jason :P