Bl8dy ebay have changed their postage policy !

dufresne

From today, sellers MUST offer a free P&P option on all CDs, DVDs, PC and console games, videos, cassettes, and all sizes of vinyl.

I get that they are competing with CD Wow and Play.com etc, who offer free shipping on new release, bulk items, but not all these transactions on ebay are the same. What about old and collectable magazines, books, CD and vinyl ? What about private, low quantity sellers who are just having a clear out ?

You sell one of these items for a few quid, and then pay a cut to ebay, a cut to paypal, and now you have to absorb the postage costs yourself ..... what's the point in selling the stuff ?

Big online sellers have deals with Royal Mail and other carriers, so they can afford to offer free postage - but I don't know of any that offer it on vinyl and books ....

This has been on for a while. I just raised the starting price for all media items by the cost of postage. Everyone is in the same boat so shoudln't affect sales if everyone does this.

Same here! At the end of the day, if you want to sell something then this is what you have to do.

This has been on for a while. I just raised the starting price for all media items by the cost of postage. Everyone is in the same boat so shoudln't affect sales if everyone does this.

Except you are of course charged by ebay, based on the cost/starting cost of your item. So if you raise the cost to begin with to allow for postage, then you pay ebay a bigger fee...

for CD's, DVD's & Games I sell them all onto Music MagPie, their prices aren't amazing but if I can bulk send 50 dvd's I don't care about and get £40 I'm happy with that. The first lot of stuff I got rid of I got £120 for, apparantly black metal is in demand, lol.