Hub memories

adriangill

To get you in the mood for Hub 3, here are a few memories from Hub 1

The JB laugh

2008-10-188446THEHUB.jpg2008-10-188672THEHUB.jpg

JB is a fan of Kai's work

2008-10-188721THEHUB.jpg

Paul Kasey auditions for "Torchwood The Musical" with his interpretation of the Weevil jive

2008-10-188750THEHUB.jpg2008-10-188773THEHUB.jpg

GDL on the JB lap

2008-10-188804THEHUB.jpg

Did I mention the laugh

2008-10-188844THEHUB.jpg

JB audtions for a new career in dentistry

2008-10-188899THEHUB.jpg

2008-10-190581THEHUB.jpg

GDL handcuffed to a sheep

2008-10-190637THEHUB.jpg

Will add Hub2 later

Edited by 1of2

The Hub 2

2009-03-143246THEHUB2.jpg

Kai has broken his chair

2009-03-143254THEHUB2.jpg

2009-03-143313THEHUB2.jpg

At long last - the real Jack Harkness

2009-03-143478THEHUB2.jpg

Heeeeeeeey rat-fans

2009-03-143552THEHUB2.jpg

Make your own caption up for the next one!

2009-03-143618THEHUB2.jpg

2009-03-143650THEHUB2.jpg

GDL crosses the Barrowman line

2009-03-143681THEHUB2.jpg

Goodbye

2009-03-143701THEHUB2.jpg

Eve explains she likes her chair so much she is taking it

2009-03-143714THEHUB2.jpg

Edited by 1of2

*sigh*

All those lovely pictures and memories. And GDL hurtles across the Barrowman line so fast, so far, so often and with such effective destruction that it should probably be renamed the GDL line. He can make Barrowman look like an amateur, when he wants to. :wub:

Greatly looking forward to Hub 3. :lol:

• Moderators

I think by the end of the weekend they'd all crossed the Barrowman line. Numerous times. Some of them were so far across it was doubtful they'd ever find the line again to go back.

And OH it was such fun...

I'm pretty sure 90% of what I remember about hub2 involves either 'you won't be sorry with a Harwoods lorry!' (which I must have sung/yelled/screamed at least 50-100 times over the weekend) or the Barrowman line...

Thanks for posting all of those photos. I've never been to The Hub before or infact any convention which is longer than one day so it's great to see some more photos from the first two events. It looks like you all had a lot of fun and I can't wait to be part of that fun at The Hub 3 in October which I'm sure will provide me with many great memories. That's if they aren't altered by Adam or I'm not retconned after the event. I'm so excited and can't wait for the event to start. :P:D

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

I'm claiming ignorance based on this being my first Hub, but what the heck is the Barrowman Line? It's been bugging me for aaaaaages now!

You know when people say 'You've crossed a line there..' - the Barrowman line is one of those lines...

This is a copy/paste of my transcript of the conversation that started the 'Barrowman line' thing from the Matt Rippy/GDL panel at Hub2 (I wrote it up in my LJ right afterwards, while it was still fresh in my mind...):

Matt: I can see, Gareth, that that line that some people cross, that line is just a dot to you and you circumnavigate it…

GDL: [points over at the edge of the stage] Oh look! Over there! It’s the line! [waves at ‘the line’] How you doing? Oh, I’m supposed to be /that/ side? Oh… oh, well, I’ll be back later.

Paul (the MC): It’s actually called the Barrowman line…

GDL: If it’s called the Barrowman line then we’re not even close. You have to do all sorts to cross that. It’s like the final frontier. [goes into deep voice] Jim... Spock… We crossed the Barrowman line

Matt: There’s no going back now. Don’t stop, just keep looking at me that way.

GDL: Touch me, Jim.

I'm claiming ignorance based on this being my first Hub, but what the heck is the Barrowman Line? It's been bugging me for aaaaaages now!

You know when people say 'You've crossed a line there..' - the Barrowman line is one of those lines...

This is a copy/paste of my transcript of the conversation that started the 'Barrowman line' thing from the Matt Rippy/GDL panel at Hub2 (I wrote it up in my LJ right afterwards, while it was still fresh in my mind...):

Matt: I can see, Gareth, that that line that some people cross, that line is just a dot to you and you circumnavigate it…

GDL: [points over at the edge of the stage] Oh look! Over there! It’s the line! [waves at ‘the line’] How you doing? Oh, I’m supposed to be /that/ side? Oh… oh, well, I’ll be back later.

Paul (the MC): It’s actually called the Barrowman line…

GDL: If it’s called the Barrowman line then we’re not even close. You have to do all sorts to cross that. It’s like the final frontier. [goes into deep voice] Jim... Spock… We crossed the Barrowman line

Matt: There’s no going back now. Don’t stop, just keep looking at me that way.

GDL: Touch me, Jim.

*sporfle* Thanks so much for that *feels enlightened*. I'm back to giggling silently in the office, having a mouthful of apple helps (thank goodness it wasn't water)

I think by the end of the weekend they'd all crossed the Barrowman line. Numerous times. Some of them were so far across it was doubtful they'd ever find the line again to go back.

I am 100% certain that when John comes back for the Hub 3, he'll set a new line! Lmao

And I cant WAIT! :smile:

So excited now only like 2 months :P