Fine Dining?

I was just wondering (and totting up costs) what happens with regards to eating? I'm going to Brum, and on the Saturday's itinerary, there's no mention of a dinner or break or anything like an evening meal, so I'm a bit confused.

And again on the sunday, it just says lunch. Is lunch provided, or is it a 'lunch' that you have to go and source yourself?

May sound like a silly question, but it'd help to know what sort of added costs there'll be during the weekend. I'm already planning to take a bottle of Moet to pop open in our rooms one night, as to save on extra spending etc lol.

Any info would be great, ta.

Edited by Ilora-Danon

• Moderators

This was posted in another topic:

There will be a special catering area at the Birmingham event with discounted food so that you don't have to pay the main bar prices! :(

I can't remember the exact prices but at previous events we have held there the special catering has been excellent and very reasonably priced! :D

There isn't such an area at the London event but there are a whole host of places to eat just outside the hotel! :D

Mark :D

As for eating in the evenings, unless you wanna miss the opening ceremony etc, you'll pretty much have to go eat before 6:30pm.

I'm glad you found that post David! I couldn't remember where it was lol!

Yeah I should think me and Karly shall be taking drink with us too (well I know for a fact that Karly will lol) to drink in our hotel room!

What I did at ET1 was go out early afternoon time (after my signings/photos were all done and before the talks) and eat in town at somewhere like Mcdonalds or Subway or something. Then I took some snacks with me (crisps, cuppa soup things are good, biscuits etc) and had them in my room later if I was still hungry at night. I barely spent anything on food!

For the London one this time, according to the google maps image thing, there is a M&S across the street - you can get sandwiches, salads etc there. There's a Starbucks about 4 or 5 buildings down and a Mcdonalds about maybe 10 mins down the street, with more places inbetween.

xC

There's loads of places just round Birmingham, I mean if u can be arsed with travelling, there's a ten minute bus journey to Chelmsley wood (my home town <33 woop) and there's so many diff things, my bestie is bringing her car so we might be able to drive a couple of folk to get something to eat with us, it's only 5 mins away in a car.

I never thought about food situation....thanks for posting this. Tina and I will have to get ourselves organised too!

Especially snacks - couldnt last without some fruit or yogurt!! Dont want to meet the guests with a rumbling tummy, I would be mortified!!:P

There was a Boots just up the road at ET1 so we were sorted! Easy enough to grab a meal deal when you have a free moment and then you can eat it when you get hungry :P. Seeing as Boots is just about everywhere, I'm hoping there will be one nearby in Brum xD

There's one in Chelmsley like I said which is only ten minutes away :P and if you happen to be going to lunch the same time as me and Terri I'm sure we can chum you along.