Problem...

I've just found out I start uni on 21st september, but I'm expected to move in on the 20th and they'll have the freshers stuff going on that night and I should be there really to get to know people I'll be living with.

But I'm going to the birmingham twiprom so I don't know what to do. I'm booked in at the hilton until monday morning with my friends, so I'm wondering whether I should just leave early and not stay for the disco...but It'd be annoying to have to leave and not stay and have fun.

Plus it takes me 2 hours to get to the university so I won't get there til late.

Any advice? I really don't know what to do.

Oh god what a dilemma! Hmmmm leaving early and missing out on the disco may be your best bet atleast you would have still been able to meet the guests and attend talks and go to the prom etc. Unless you change venues and go to the London one instead (you could email Jola and see what she can do for you) and see what the terms and conditions are on cancelling the hotel room? Just a suggestion though.

I don't live far from Birmingham and my friends are doing this one so I don't really want to change to the london one. Plus the hotels more expensive in London and I can't really afford it.

I think I'm just gonna leave early, probably after the guests leave so that I have enough time to go home and get my stuff then go off to uni.

Thanks for the help! aha.

Oh god what a dilemma! Hmmmm leaving early and missing out on the disco may be your best bet atleast you would have still been able to meet the guests and attend talks and go to the prom etc. Unless you change venues and go to the London one instead (you could email Jola and see what she can do for you) and see what the terms and conditions are on cancelling the hotel room? Just a suggestion though.

Ditto.....

My second year of uni starts at like 9am on the 21st, and I'm getting a late train on the 20th from Birmingham. I'm gonna be knackered :/

& I just found out I'm missing a massive family reunion on the 19th for this. Proper, proper gutted.

• 1 month later...

So finally found out today about my moving in deets.

I start uni on monday at 9am so I have to move in on the sunday.

And they've also said we all have to move in between 10-12 because thats when they're handing out the keys. So I'm now have an even bigger problem. Because it'll take about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get there from brum.

So I probably have time for like, 1 autograph then I have to leave :blink:

So finally found out today about my moving in deets.

I start uni on monday at 9am so I have to move in on the sunday.

And they've also said we all have to move in between 10-12 because thats when they're handing out the keys. So I'm now have an even bigger problem. Because it'll take about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get there from brum.

So I probably have time for like, 1 autograph then I have to leave :D

Can't you ask to change to a London ticket? Then you'll get home on Saturday instead of Sunday?