No LFCC for me this year :(

I've got Swine Flu and can't come to LFCC. I'm really gutted; I was looking so forward to it and I've been to the last three LFCCs in a row so it will feel strange to miss it this year. It's my favourite SM event too because it's so accessible.

Is there anyone else unable to go this year because of health?

I hope those who do go have a great time. Please post lots of detailed reports and pictures so I can live through you!

I can feel a cold coming on, unfortunately... But I'm planning to dose myself up with as much Lemsip and other such products as is advisable so I can soldier on down... I've spent too much money already not to at least *try* to make it :thumbup:

• Moderators

Ah I felt a cold coming on last weekend, but luckily it's cleared up I think.

No doubt I'll just catch another one this weekend, always happens!

Sorry to anyone who can't make it this weekend :dance: hope you all feel better soon :thumbup:

I was well enough to go for it in the end. I'm feeling the after effects now but I still had a great time so I'm really glad I was able to take the plunge after all. Exhausted now, though. :P

bet you are pleased that you decided to go

glad you enjoyed it :D

i sure did :thumbup:

the dude :thumbup:

I was well enough to go for it in the end. I'm feeling the after effects now but I still had a great time so I'm really glad I was able to take the plunge after all. Exhausted now, though. :thumbup:

That was not very wise. You probably infected many of today's attendees, who will in turn infect people coming tomorrow if they are going on both days.

I was well enough to go for it in the end. I'm feeling the after effects now but I still had a great time so I'm really glad I was able to take the plunge after all. Exhausted now, though. :thumbup:

That was not very wise. You probably infected many of today's attendees, who will in turn infect people coming tomorrow if they are going on both days.

If you're going to get flu, you're going to get flu. Short of barricading yourself in the house you can't prevent it. One slightly unwell person daring to venture into civalisation isn't going to cause the end of it. I probably did more damage to myself than anyone around me. Also, I cover my mouth when I sneeze/cough/yawn and wash my hands carefully...which is more than can be said for most people.

I was well enough to go for it in the end. I'm feeling the after effects now but I still had a great time so I'm really glad I was able to take the plunge after all. Exhausted now, though. :dance:

If you're going to get flu, you're going to get flu. Short of barricading yourself in the house you can't prevent it. One slightly unwell person daring to venture into civalisation isn't going to cause the end of it. I probably did more damage to myself than anyone around me. Also, I cover my mouth when I sneeze/cough/yawn and wash my hands carefully...which is more than can be said for most people.

Totally agree and glad you enjoyed yourself

:thumbup:

Nevertheless, given the seemingly high infection rate and the concerns of many people about it, I feel that you were quite irresponsible in going to the event anyway. Would it really have hurt to skipped it this year?

Totally agree and glad you enjoyed yourself

:thumbup:

Thanks. I also doubt I was the only poorly person at the event - people in this very thread have said they've been unwell too so my attendence probably made no difference either way. Even when there is no swine flu there are always people wandering around with all sorts of things they could pass on to the rest of us...but we never seem too worried then.

Nevertheless, given the seemingly high infection rate and the concerns of many people about it, I feel that you were quite irresponsible in going to the event anyway. Would it really have hurt to skipped it this year?

You are overreacting. People are spreading illness around every day (most of the time likely without even knowing it) whether something like "swine flu" is in the air or not. Imagine if everyone stayed in their homes...the world would come to a stand still.

Edited by Princess83

Hmm. I think I'll not bother going tomorrow now. Just to be safe.

Maybe you should never leave your house again. I hope you've got a lot of food and a good stack of DVDs and books! Honestly, the worst thing about Swine Flu for me was the boredom aspect. I've had regular flu where I've been totally bedridden...the worst thing about swine flu is the media's obsessive fear mongering.

Edited by Princess83

Maybe you should never leave your house again. I hope you've got a lot of food and a good stack of DVDs and books! Honestly, the worst thing about Swine Flu for me was the boredom aspect. I've had regular flu where I've been totally bedridden...the worst thing about swine flu is the media's obsessive fear mongering.

So, you didn't feel particularly ill then? What were your symptoms?

Now watch when you go shopping and oops watch when you socalise and ..................... where do you stop, swine flu or any flu is everywhere

Edited by scruffy

I felt ill enough to stay indoors earlier in the week but by Friday I felt considerably better. The symptoms were tiredness, achy joints, a choppy temperature where I either felt very hot or very cold and a sore throat.

I had regular flu in March that left me in bed for six days, severly dehydrated and I lost about seven pounds in weight over the course of a week. Compared to that? Swine flu was almost a walk in the park.