alien three pics?

This may seem be to be a trivialistic request here but is there any chance of there being 10x8 colour photos of Paul McGann from ALIEN 3? rather than just Dr Who or Withnail and I. Now as these are popular with other fans including myself but a nice shot of Golic would be breath of fresh air. Anything like the nice shot i had of Pete Posthlewaite from ALIEN 3 last year would be well awesome. As i missed out on Danny Webb last year but not because i was not at the show he was atteneding but because he did not have any ALIEN 3 pics. Love it or hate it there was such a film called ALIEN 3 and i cannot see why 10x8 from this film are rocking horse s***. Or if anyone can tell me where i can pur chase such items i would be grateful as i try wherever possible to take my own 10x8 with me as it saves a lot of hassle and time at these shows.

Love it or hate it

I hated it - not least because Hicks and Newt died. For me that invalidated the entire final act of the previous film. But anyway :thumbup: I know you're expecting me to say this, but if there's something in particular you want, bring it with you. try Movie Market

Hmmmm. I see what you're saying but I can't decide if I agree or not. In the context of defeating/killing/escaping from the Queen, Newt and Hicks survived and for me the movie is validated. At the end of the second film, they effectively lived happily ever after. The politics of the actors being in the third film (or not) was out of the hands of Cameron, Fincher and their respective screenwriters.

For some reason Denis Quaid's DOA stands out in my mind as a comparable. He can solve his own "murder" and/or reverse the poison all he wants, but if the character leaves hospital "after" the movie and he's cured, but gets hit by a bus, does that invalidate the 90 minutes of running around he has just done ? Like I say - I'm still undecided, but either wat Fincher turned in an excellent stand alone movie.

As part of a franchise, he was always going to be inferior to SRS and Cameron - especially him being a newbie. But if Fincher had done what he did on Alien 3 with something like Pitch Black, Event Horizon or any of the "homages" at that time or since, it would have been much more accepted as a decent movie. I hate to quote Scream 2, but sequels by their very nature are inferior movies.

Hell I even like Resurrection and maybe if they made it now, the hibrid would look more than just laughable.

Try www.moviegoods.com

I love Alien 3. The abscense of Newt/Hicks never bothered me as I accepted that this was Sigourney Weaver's vehicle and the whole franchise is about RIPLEY - the lone survivor and Alien 3 is her most personal story. This is one of the reasons why I hated A:R and the fact that Winona Ryder shared billing with Weaver and acted as a lame side-kick that just didn't belong. No matter how much a fan of the series Weadon claims to be, IMO (and most fans) he fuct up and didn't know s*** from clay.

Hmmmm. I see what you're saying but I can't decide if I agree or not. In the context of defeating/killing/escaping from the Queen, Newt and Hicks survived and for me the movie is validated. At the end of the second film, they effectively lived happily ever after. The politics of the actors being in the third film (or not) was out of the hands of Cameron, Fincher and their respective screenwriters.

For some reason Denis Quaid's DOA stands out in my mind as a comparable. He can solve his own "murder" and/or reverse the poison all he wants, but if the character leaves hospital "after" the movie and he's cured, but gets hit by a bus, does that invalidate the 90 minutes of running around he has just done ? Like I say - I'm still undecided, but either wat Fincher turned in an excellent stand alone movie.

I take your point, but when you look at that film it was about a family forming through an adverse situation - a deeply buried subtext in a lot of Cameron movies that most people miss amongst the usual "technology helps / hinders" theme that's quoted.

So we have : -

* Ripley effectively 'losing' her daughter at the start of the film

* Ripley transferring those maternal instincts to Newt

* Hicks and Ripley forming a relationship (born of mutual respect of course)

* Ripley, mirroring the Queen's maternal role, going back to rescue Newt

* Ripley, Hicks, and Newt heading away from the nightmare into a new life

Cameron often goes for endings that have his heroes flinging themselves into the unknown (another example, Sarah Connor in T1, Sarah and John Connor in T2), And I grant you that unknown could just be a random death under a bus. But it's inbuilt in to human nature that we expect that struggles are not entirely in vain.

That said, Cameron's also fond of themes of strong, confident women who lose their strong, confident 'partners' through adversity and have to life a life on their own - viz. Ripley, Sarah Connor (twice, if you're willing to include the second Terminator), Rose from Titanic, etc. So who knows, maybe poor Hicks would have been killed off in a Cameron led Alien 3 anyway.

Still, I've got nothing against Fincher - to be fair, I don't think anyone could have followed Cameron's movie. In fact, no one has ever managed to follow any of Cameron's movies.

Edited by MikeDonovan

I agree with Mr Jedi and have myself on many occasions been dissapointed when trying to obtain the Golic 10"x8" from various shows i have attended! I have met McGann a couple of years ago and had to settle for a Withnail & I shot because of the lack of Alien 3 shots. I Am not a great Dr Who fan so the 40 odd photos of him as the Doctor just didnt tickle my fancy :blush: Thanks to everyone who have suggested other outlets for me to purchase the Mcgann photo. These will come in very useful in the future as i too like to be fully 'armed and ready' with my desired 10"x8"'s when i attend these shows to avoid nasty surprises! :drool: Good hunting at LFCC Mr Jedi :thumbup: