James Masters sponsored guest for the Hub

showmasters

I believe that I read that when someone asked John about appearing at The Hub with La Cage he said he didn't know he was even up for it, if you know your timetable from September-November surely you ought to have had discussions with your agent about what work he's put you up for around that time and the months leading up to it and even beyond.

That is why I said he couldn't be bothered.

So you're insulting him on something you think you may have read somewhere? His official site has him as tentatively appearing at the Hub 3 days to be confirmed. That's his official yahoogroup so yes of course he knows about the convention and is just trying to work out his appearance with the La Cage schedule.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're insulting him on something you think you may have read somewhere? His official site has him as tentatively appearing at the Hub 3 days to be confirmed. That's his official yahoogroup so yes of course he knows about the convention and is just trying to work out his appearance with the La Cage schedule.

Its not listed on JB.com as an appearence or News. I don't use his yahoo group at all, there should really be no reason as to why I should. Well after being asked a lot he should be aware now its on.

As for my reasons to my post, say John followed a similar pattern to Burn Sunday morning photo/auto but can only fit one panel and maybe one question from the group panel. James on the other hand can attend all 3 days and do all the panels. Wouldn't it be more prudent to make John the sponsored guest and James the Full guest? That is all I'm saying, swap them over and get value for money.

ElectroxGirl, managed to easily meet him before his gig at RAH and after and at BBC Radio 2 studios. Was there for David but one kicks as good as another.

Back to James, I can't wait to meet him again, those eyes that simply melt and that hot accent :wub:

As for my reasons to my post, say John followed a similar pattern to Burn Sunday morning photo/auto but can only fit one panel and maybe one question from the group panel. James on the other hand can attend all 3 days and do all the panels. Wouldn't it be more prudent to make John the sponsored guest and James the Full guest? That is all I'm saying, swap them over and get value for money.

I think its all a matter of personal preference, some people would make Johns autograph/photo a priority, and others would make James, but the point is that John has been advertized as the primary guest so to change that now, and charge extra for his sessions would be renaging on what people have already paid for.

And even James attendance is not guaranteed. Any guest may pull out at the last minute due to unexpected circumstances. I've been to various conventions in the last few years where key guests have pulled out the day before, or sometimes even during the con itself, for reasons ranging from sudden work commitments, to illness, to flooding!

Personally I am really pleased that James is going to be at the Hub. I have met him before, and think he will be great guest. But whether or not I buy his auto or photo is another matter, as thats not a particular priority

This thread is about James Marsters' appearance as a sponsored guest at Hub 3. It is not about John Barrowman and the work issues that he may or may not be trying to sort out so that he can attend Hub 3 on at least one day of the weekend in question. Those who'd like this thread to return to the topic at hand have a very important point.

The problem is that John is being attacked on this thread, which needs to stop happening, and it's a bit out of balance to tell those standing up for him to go away whilst leaving those who are doing the attacking alone. Taking that approach won't help get this thread back on track.

I'm happy that James Marsters is attending as a sponsored guest. He's a fantastic actor and a terrifically interesting person whom I've wanted to meet and hear for a while, even though I only "know" him from Torchwood. I don't want to see James replacing John as the listed star of Hub 3, however much I'm looking forward to seeing him, and I'd rather see that line of inquiry stop. The extra cost of James's autographs and photo-ops as a sponsored guest would be so much worse at a similar event in the United States (and that's if they listed him as a regular guest), that I really can't complain about it, at all.

I also adore John Barrowman, and am looking forward to seeing him as a regular, included guest, even if only for a day, since he's one of the reasons I bought the expensive ticket. There's nothing wrong with saying that in this thread, given the need to provide some balance against a fair bit of the undeserved ill will that seems to be crackling here.

We all have our personal preferences, but could we please stop insulting the guests that have been signed up? Because we're sending them a really awful message about just what kind of a welcome they and their fans are likely to get at this event, and that, to my mind, cheapens a thread meant to celebrate the announcement of an enormously talented guest that many people have desperately wanted to see at a Torchwood event like this.

Despite all the negatives surrounding James's appearance, he's going to make a great guest.

Even if you don't get an auto/pic, the talk alone will be worth it.

I've met him a few times now, both in the UK and the USA, and he's always got a friendly smile and gives great hugs :chair:

Can I just mention how completely right you are? James is worth every penny. When he's with you he gives you 100% He talks to you, he looks you in the eyes, his focus is totally on you for the few moments you get with him. And the hugs? Best. Hugs. Ever.

I can't quite believe my luck that I get to indulge in those hugs two weeks in a row!! :wub:

Can I just mention how completely right you are? James is worth every penny. When he's with you he gives you 100% He talks to you, he looks you in the eyes, his focus is totally on you for the few moments you get with him. And the hugs? Best. Hugs. Ever.

Aww that's good to know!

I've only been to 2 other conventions and one of those was a disaster so I'm glad to know that it'll be nice having James there.

I'm scared of John for some reason...

Aww that's good to know!

I've only been to 2 other conventions and one of those was a disaster so I'm glad to know that it'll be nice having James there.

Good grief! You've moaned about people talking about John in the James thread, then YOU go and bring him up!!

If I may quote...well... you...

There's another topic about John on here.

Aww that's good to know!

LOL, I'm quite nervous about John, too. I love him to itty bits, but I just don't know what to expect!

James is fabulous, a really friendly guy who I've got masses of respect for. He'll make sure you feel like the world has narrowed down to just you and him. It must be a gift!

It's the reverse for me! I've never met James, but I've heard so many good things about him that I'm looking forward to the experience very much. John is an incredibly nice man, I've met him several times and have only the highest praise for the way he conducts himself with fans.

It's the reverse for me! I've never met James, but I've heard so many good things about him that I'm looking forward to the experience very much. John is an incredibly nice man, I've met him several times and have only the highest praise for the way he conducts himself with fans.

Oh that's good to know! He certainly seems like lovely guy. Still nervous, though! Then again, I've met Gareth twice and he's a sweetie and I'm STILL nervous of him, lol. I expect even though I know James is a top bloke, I'll still be quaking in my size fives and babbling like a nutty fangirl. These people turn me into a wibbly pile of jelly!

• Moderators

Can we please give it a rest now?

If you want to discuss James, then fine. If you don't then just don't. It's easy enough to leave a topic alone if you have no interest in him.

But there are plenty of fans that do, so let's leave this topic for them.

Thank you.

Can we please give it a rest now?

If you want to discuss James, then fine. If you don't then just don't. It's easy enough to leave a topic alone if you have no interest in him.

But there are plenty of fans that do, so let's leave this topic for them.

Thank you.

The problem is if someone starts talking positively about James, while at the same time making comments (negative or otherwise) about another guest, then it is only natural for people to reply to the comments made about the other guest!. Maybe one of the moderators could move all questions/queries/replies that contain any reference to another guest to another thread (even if those posts also refer to James), and leave this thread devoted entirely to James.

This is my first convention so I'm happy to see and meet whoever is there.

I'm a fan of James from his Buffy/Angel days and associate him far more with those programmes than Torchwood. I've been wanting to meet him since he first appeared in Buffy so even though this isn't a Buffy/Angel convention I'm just chuffed he'll be there.

As I'm unable to attend Hallowhedon due to family commitments I'm really excited he will be at Hub 3.

this is the first time I'll get the chance to meet James, and I'm really looking forward to it! The comments on this threat are really quite encouraging, can't wait till Hub 3 :(

Can't wait to meet him.

It's only 126 days away! Doesn't seem that long.

this is the first time I'll get the chance to meet James, and I'm really looking forward to it! The comments on this threat are really quite encouraging, can't wait till Hub 3 :D

Can't wait to meet him.

Woah!! That long?? Yay!!!

this is the first time I'll get the chance to meet James, and I'm really looking forward to it! The comments on this threat are really quite encouraging, can't wait till Hub 3 :D

Can't wait to meet him.

Woah!! That long?? Yay!!!

Yeah but we have S3 in 18 days.

Despite all the negatives surrounding James's appearance, he's going to make a great guest.

I've met him a few times now, both in the UK and the USA, and he's always got a friendly smile and gives great hugs :D

I can't quite believe my luck that I get to indulge in those hugs two weeks in a row!! :WINCE:

Personally I find James' *eye thing* incredibly creepy but I know lots of people adore it. Still a great guest though for the con in general (for me, as long as Daniela Denby-Ashe shows I'm not too fussed about the rest this time!)

I've met him a few times now, both in the UK and the USA, and he's always got a friendly smile and gives great hugs :D

I can't quite believe my luck that I get to indulge in those hugs two weeks in a row!! :WINCE:

Personally I find James' *eye thing* incredibly creepy but I know lots of people adore it. Still a great guest though for the con in general (for me, as long as Daniela Denby-Ashe shows I'm not too fussed about the rest this time!)

When I met him and he just looked me in the eyes I couldn't manage a single word! My brain just went dead. So glad I didn't open my mouth in an attempt to speak otherwise I probably would have said something like "nghsfgblblg" and that would have been so embarrassing. *goes back to revision*

Every time I meet him, I get him into trouble... we talk a lot and then the assistant/photographer/whoever has to remind him to shut up and move on! I find him a lot easier to talk to than most people (celeb or otherwise) because he makes eye contact properly, sooo many people haven't got the hang of it!

Edited by TurkFox