what has happened to CM mids? will there be another one?

michaelrc123

ive noticed that there is no weblink or forum board for it. please could SM confirm as to whats going on, as from what i saw and read about the last one it was great.

please lets have anothe rone this year :)

pppppppppllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(begging on knees)

Mike

They've said there will be only 1 midlands this year

Its a shame and unfortunate as im sure this will mean that those who are not travelling to Mk or LFC will be putting more money in the oppositions pockets with no other SM event taking place within 3hrs travelling distance .

It would be nice to have an official comment for those of us who travelled afar in the past and supported the last 3 events just to save more topics like this being made.I hope it returns with a bang next year but its all very dissapointing that a new show has been kneecapped just as it was finding its feet.

They've said there will be only 1 midlands this year

Its a shame and unfortunate as im sure this will mean that those who are not travelling to Mk or LFC will be putting more money in the oppositions pockets with no other SM event taking place within 3hrs travelling distance .

It would be nice to have an official comment for those of us who travelled afar in the past and supported the last 3 events just to save more topics like this being made.I hope it returns with a bang next year but its all very dissapointing that a new show has been kneecapped just as it was finding its feet.

Milton Keynes is only 40 minutes away from Birmingham by train, and even closer to Coventry. If there's anyone who can't be bothered to travel the extra 40 minutes, Showmasters are not to blame for their laziness. If there was a problem with the Midlands event, it was probably that it was so far south in the Midlands it was practically in CM Milton Keynes' back door. ;) The Manchester event (although it didn't work financially, I know) was in a position where you could complain about the travel distances, but not Midlands.

Milton Keynes is only 40 minutes away from Birmingham by train, and even closer to Coventry. If there's anyone who can't be bothered to travel the extra 40 minutes, Showmasters are not to blame for their laziness.

I think what i meant was i was relying on SM Mid later in the year as i didnt want to travel for longer than 3 hrs for a show im not mithered about e.g MK.Im not into Stargate,TPM,Trek or sport so theres nowt for me there.

I was pinning my hopes on the mid show having the goods as usual as far as my tastes are concerned.

As for Autographica theres nothing announced on the thread and its 3 or so months away and with Mid 5 and Manchester not happening ill wait to see some guest announcments before i start seeing that as something to look forward to.

psychosis - im not lazy LOL - im actually disabled and cannot travel by myself and need peopel to travel with that i know personally. its easier for me in birmingham and easier for me to get to and doesnt put my mates out too much.

Birmingham is in the centre of the country so to be honest it does make more sense to have something more central, as MK is nearer London technically than here and also there is already LFCC based there.

I hope that they will consider running midlands again but i think it could be better if there were a better calibre of guests on the list. The list for the last one was OK but no huge stars were mentioned in my book

Just my opinion

Mike