Jonathan Woodard Charity Trip

Cider

Hope this is OK to post here. I couldn't find a place to ask!

Jonathan Woodward is heading of to Haiti in July with the International Association of Human Values to take part in their charity work there. In order to do this he needs to raise $15,000. I've been foolish enough to volunteer my services in trying to help with this.

If you could throw a little money his way, please go to www.browncoatevents.com (this is a browncoat fan site and not a rival events company) and click on the donate button. I am also selling some Whedon related items on ebay all the profits of which will go to the fundrasing effort (there's a link to those on the site).

Please also spread this around on other forums, facebook, twitter, blogs and wherever and let's give the people of Haiti a dose of Woodward.

Thanks

After watching Anthony Heads true horror series i am kind of afraid of haiti now... and by kind of i mean completely and utterly, never wanna go there, terrified

I know what you mean, I didn't tell Jonathan about that - didn't want to scare the bejeesus out of him!

Hope this is OK to post here. I couldn't find a place to ask!

Jonathan Woodward is heading of to Haiti in July with the International Association of Human Values to take part in their charity work there. In order to do this he needs to raise $15,000. I've been foolish enough to volunteer my services in trying to help with this.

If you could throw a little money his way, please go to www.browncoatevents.com (this is a browncoat fan site and not a rival events company) and click on the donate button. I am also selling some Whedon related items on ebay all the profits of which will go to the fundrasing effort (there's a link to those on the site).

Please also spread this around on other forums, facebook, twitter, blogs and wherever and let's give the people of Haiti a dose of Woodward.

Thanks

Do you have a link to your ebay auctions?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just bumping this to let people know that lots more items have gone up for auction today. There are signed Firefly/Serenity Trading cards and some comics and bits of other stuff I have lying around.

I am trying to make one last push at fundraising as I will be seeing Jonathan next weekend and it would be great to tell him that a huge amount of cash will be coming this way.

So please take a look at the auctions at http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/cydergirli

or consider making a donation at http://www.browncoatevents.com

or join the facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=90454861986&ref=mf and help spread the word.

Thanks, and a huge thanks to all those who have already donated.

Is there anyway of knowing how much money Jonathan has already managed to collect? I organized a small collection for the cause among my whedonverse friends last weekend and got asked about that a few times. It would be interesting to know how far he has gotten.

Is there anyway of knowing how much money Jonathan has already managed to collect? I organized a small collection for the cause among my whedonverse friends last weekend and got asked about that a few times. It would be interesting to know how far he has gotten.

That's awesome of you, thanks.

I will be seeing Jonathan at the weekend and I will ask him, I'm sure he'll be OK with me letting people know.

I have over £400 in ebay auction money to give him (with some auctions left to go yet) which is great news, so thanks to anyone visiting here who bid on those.

And don't forget, the pound is still fairly strong against the dollar right now, so our ££ are going even further towards the target.

Just to update, I was able to give Jonathan £450 in auction money, there might be a little more than that cos I am still awaiting a couple of payments.

He made around £700 this weekend and before that he had managed to raise around £1500, so the total comes to somewhere in the region of $3,500. So a there's a way to go and thankfully he has other fundraising projects going on than just my efforts.

Piska, would you mind emailing me (there is a link on the site) and letting me know how much you raised so I can let Jonathan know what you did.

Cheers