Is it really worth...

• Showmasters Admin

As has been said. Jason/SM have not said there will never be another evetn in Manchester. Just that previous events have lost money and so in the current economic climate they are not willing to risk running another "at this time".

It may very well be that CM:Manchester comes back next year in some form or another. That being the case SM will want to keep this section open for two reasons.

Firstly so that people are aware there could be an event in the area. I takes a lot of money in advertising and other overheads to get a new event up and running. Even if it's to be put on the back boiler for a short while they're not going to want to throw that money away by removing all evidence that the Manchester shows exist.

Secondly it gives the people who want a Manchester show somewhere to show their support for the show and so that SM can see (when the time comes) that there is still an audience for a Manchester show.

So for me it makes sense for it to stay as a section.

Edited by Too Tall

Good points TT, but at the same time, would it maybe help to pin a topic in this section that explicitly says that, for now, there will be nothing in 2008 in Manchester ? It's only really mentioned in passing in a few topics at the minute, and maybe not as clear as it could be.

Also - any chance of Alan Ruck (originally announced for Manchester) doing another event for now ?

• Showmasters Admin

Both good points.

I'll have a word with Jason about making an "official" it's not happening summer 2009 thread.

And I'll see if he has any plans for Alan.

Also - any chance of Alan Ruck (originally announced for Manchester) doing another event for now ?

And I'll see if he has any plans for Alan.

He would have been an amazing guest- It'd be great if you could find out about him (finally!) for us TT! Would LOVE for him to go to another show- I missed him at CM many years ago, so would love the opportunity to see him again.

Am I right in thinking he only ever did one SM event (CM3?)? He's been scheduled to appear at a con for ages now it seems but keeps getting put down for events that are cancelled.

He's like the reverse of Richard Dreyfuss - instead of him cancelling his appearence all the time, SM do it instead!!

Edited by nicky

think it's a good idea to have an official SM pinned topic explaining the Manchester situation :blush:

when that happens, could also consider changing the small text on the board index that says "summer 2009" or just removing it :P

surfy sah xx