Guest cancellation Amanda Tapping

showmasters

First of all: :( ... Amanda was the reason to plan a holiday and come over to England for that weekend.

Oh dear - I know three people coming from Europe and two from the US just to meet her :(

We kept reading the cryptic comments on the announcement thread as she's cancelled every single other MK event as far as we can remember. It seemed that it was going to be okay this time, but like many other things in life, it appears that you know only if you're in the know.

I've only lost a photo shoot, the money for which I'll get back; my friends may feel that they have wasted a great deal of money as she was the guest for them, if they still come that is. As the C-Mania site is still down, I'm now going to have to call them and tell them... great.

I'm trying to be pragmatic about this - after all, what have we really got to complain about, etc., but this is quite frankly a bummer. I can't help but wonder if there was ever any intention of her attending.

Sorry, but that's just the way I happen to feel about it.

Clara.. who in all honesty probably won't come now, again, sorry.

About that... I'm traveling from Europe to England (same for quite a lot of my friends), too and I can realte to the anger of your friends, BUT there are still great SG guests announced and the weekend will be loads of fun, as convention weekends usually are... I mean I only see some of my friends at cons and even with Amanda not coming... it is what YOU make out of the weekend.

Personally I haven't heard about a lot of conventions cancelled by Amanda... hmm... she did cancel all the Europe events back in 2004... which was because of her pregnancy. But next to that... nothing really comes to my mind... and I'm pretty sure she would never do that deliberatly to her fans.

Not totally unexpected, but a real pity. She'll be back in the future.

I really hope so!!!

Heart has sunk :crying: ,

And only consoled but the fact that I will still be attending a Awesome event - - - - - - :YAHOO:

and there is yet a glimmer - there is still Con's this year, and she would want to promote season 2.....

Sanctuary for all.....

Hint - wouldn't it be great to get Ammanda - and the rest of the sanctuary cast in the country at the same time - lets say .... late october....... with SM/ME . . . . . .

Yay on the promoting Sanctuary part... I so hope you manage to reannounce her somehow.

I dunno, but isn't Amanda Down Under in October?!? I don't see that materialize... :(

Any chance of getting Amanda Tapping for London?????

I HAVE to do some whining here... please don't announce her for something TOO close to an event... As there are people from the mainland who popably would want to come :( ... and flight/ train prices rise immensely if you only can book at short notice :(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to say to anyone reading this thread; don't be put off the event by miseries like me *g* The last MK event I went to was very well organised and I got to meet Michael Shanks and Chris Judge, who should have their own double act show really - MUCH fun :)

It's not the event's fault if a guest have to cancel, nor is it the guest's (in most cases). This is my first Showmasters event, but I've been other places before and these things happens. I've had guests I was most looking forward to seeing canceling the event I was attending, but despite that the events in question have ended up being great :)