Breaking Dawn/Melissa Rosenberg

Sophieeex

sorry if its being posted, the bit that has me a little ticked off is below the bit about edward/newmoon.

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/04/new-mo...-breaking-dawn/

just no, and im sorry if any of you disagree, but theres just certain things that cant be cut/toned down or it will ruin it. :@ not all twilight fans are 13/14, not even the majority are.

"You can’t have a Twilight without Rob Pattinson" oh no what have they done!

I bet when Bella hears his voice he'll actually appear's or something I hope they havne't ruined it by adding more Edward to the story.

and as for Breaking Dawn I strongly think it does need to be a bit gory and have the violence the same as the book Twilight fans aren't that young and by the time its out they will be older anyway.....seems to me the are just thinking about the best ways to make money

That interview worries me. I think breaking dawn is going to be a train wreck. They cant cut out the sex and gore. To cut it out would change it completely. Plus, what about TV shows like greys anatomy, they have gore and sex but its not like anyone cares about age ratings for that.

Ok, im going to step away from the computer now because im getting really mad here!

sorry if its being posted, the bit that has me a little ticked off is below the bit about edward/newmoon.

http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/04/new-mo...-breaking-dawn/

just no, and im sorry if any of you disagree, but theres just certain things that cant be cut/toned down or it will ruin it. :@ not all twilight fans are 13/14, not even the majority are.

That interview worries me. I think breaking dawn is going to be a train wreck. They cant cut out the sex and gore. To cut it out would change it completely. Plus, what about TV shows like greys anatomy, they have gore and sex but its not like anyone cares about age ratings for that.

Ok, im going to step away from the computer now because im getting really mad here!

you guys are right, this woman will ruin the movie for the majority of the fans, i hope she dosent wreck this for us!! xx

okay so that doesn't really make sense. it's okay for the fans to read the book and imagine the violance but not see it on screen.

i think cutting out the sex scene and the gore will totally ruin the book. the gore parts really affected me with that book, i imagined it all so real i had to actually put the book down but it's all part of it.

if they want it PG-13 for the younger fans i think they should make an extended version for the older fans with those parts added in. somehow it doesn't seem fair to us older fans, we're twilight fans too.

also, one last little rant. although i do love the twilight movie it was a HUGE disapointment to me because the meadow scene and edward and bellas day out there and the kiss at the end was my favourite part of the book and they just totally ruined that in the movie.

more edward in NM?? censoring gory/sex scenes in BD?? that's completely changing the story!! ok so obviously they have to cut some things out unless you want to be in the cinema for 5 hours (well, i wouldn't mind that... but that's not the point!)

a little censoring is also understandable, but to completely tone down the goryness of renesmees birth is going too far. it needs to be like that to show the gravity and complexity of her decision, and that's not even including the fact that she's doing something other than what edward wanted which is big enough in itself!!

to me the birth kind of represents all their struggles, including jacob's.

more edward will completely ruin the point of the separation that's key to NM. ok i don't think i'm putting my points across well, but still this is making me really mad! i should probably get a life.

i hope it turns out better than i'm now expecting. having said that, i still think new moon is going to be a better movie than twilight, and i don't even mean because of the bigger budget. i can't wait til november!

:firedevil: I'll stick to what I said about her on IMDB get rid of her - she doesnt know what she's talking about doesnt seem to get the books at all and as for the audience well just look at the age group at ET1 where were the 12 year olds??? - there werent any. When I went to to see the film the audience were well above 15 years old... that women just speaks garbage.:rolleyes: Edited by Twilightmum49

The age thing is a concern, but i guess there are a lot of younger fans due to the fan of seeing Rob Pattinson in Harry Potter. But there are us older fans (over 30) who are totally in love with the saga. Being one of those over 30's i do feel that the all the films should follow suit from the books and include the main relative / focus parts of the book. If that includes the sex and gore, then bring it on!!

(i really hope that makes sense!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Before everyone blames the screenwriter - the bottom line is that there is no way that Breaking Dawn will have a R/18 rating, and it has nothing to do with the supposed age of the fanbase, despite what Melissa appear to be saying there. It's Stephenie's choice. As a Mormon, Stephenie is not allowed to watch R rated movies. For this reason, the books were sold only after a guarantee that the films would not go above a PG13 certificate.

I don't think Breaking Dawn needs to be that graphic a film anyway - there is no actual sex scene in the book, just the lead up to and aftermath of, and if they could get away with Edward biting a chunk of flesh from James' neck and with Alice tearing his head off with her bare hands in Twilight, I think that a quick shot of Edward tearing Bella's stomach open before a cut to Jacob's horrified face can make the certificate no problem.

Real horror isn't about gore anyway - a decent director will still be able to amp up the atmosphere without piling on the blood and guts.

Edited by timpe