PLANET OF THE DEAD TRAILER

Phantom

• 2 weeks later...

Planet of the Dead ? Planet of the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed more like. Dull and predictable with no tension and half a dozen characters that didn't matter. Oh look - another alien that's just like a human but with a weird head / hands .... oh and he's wearing overalls. :thumbup:

To say RTD has only 4 episodes left it was a waste.

Tennant as ever - EXCELLENT.Michelle was sexy in a wannabe Mrs Peel kind of way,was very Romana Mk 1 and yes the YOUR SONG IS ENDING bit brought on the goosebumps but it came too late.

I just hope that Michelles bus crashes into the Doctors Daughters ship and they come back as intergalactic Charlie Angel style space hotties in series 5.As for the aliens they were pretty forgetable and the cgi was poor ...talk about wormholes it looks like they strayed from ITV and Primeval( more TK Max than TW ).

COME ON RUSSELL!!!!! i know its a bit obvious but why couldnt you have brought back the ZYGONS,SEA DEVILS and SILLURIANS for a water based episode this Easter instead of giving us Vincent Prices The Fly in a jump suit .I know you wanted to create new classic aliens but youve got so many good ones already to chose from and what do we get ...a pair of effing bluebottles wearing Minty and Garys overalls!

Which leads me to the next special WATERS OF MARS which looks like the obligatory outpost in space story we get every season and more to the point ever since Troughton...YAWN!.

Liked the GIANT ROBOT bit though...nice referance for the old fans.

Roll on 2010 and Bring on The MOFF!!

Edited by Phantom

I thought it was a good soild episode. Nothing two serious at the moment but expect Waters of Mars to be a lot darker!

In fact the only problem I had with the episode was that it clashed with Primeval, which on the day turned out to be much better! Make sure you watch episode 3!