Lost Season 5 - Episode Nine

DavidB

Ok, I may have misheard this, buuuut Lambourne's sig got me thinking...

François Chau (Dr. Marvin Candle)

Is it just me, or when Jack went to get registered with him- did he call himself Dr Chau?? I just remember thinking "have they changed his name- I thought it was Candle"... or did I just mishear? :unsure:

Marvin Candle's real name is Dr. Pierre Chang which is what he introduced himself as, the way he said Chang did sound like Chau.

I was a little confused.

On the Hydra island in TLADOJB locke asks (Ilana?) about the boats, which is when she tells him about The pilot and the girl. BUT it looks like Ben SUn & Frank walk for a long way to get to the boats so how did they get onto the beach with the survivors?

Other than that I quite liked the episode. Looks like Ben gets beaten up (again) before locke see's him in the bed, cause Sun can't have done that much damage.

I bloody hate Kate and have been waiting for 4 seasons for her to get offed but it doesnt seem like its going to happen

I agree :unsure: I dont mind Juliet tho, would rather Kate go

Hi all, I though Namaste was a pretty cool episode on the whole. Finally getting to see Radzinksy was kinda cool. Plus seeing him making his little hatch model which presumably is the one seen in the Swan orientation video back in season 1. Getting the answer to the runway question was cool. Although the others must have gone back and finished it off because it didnt look like that when Sawyer and Kate were working it.

I do have a question about a couple of things in the episode though. The first being Ethan being named as the baby, surely they baby can't be Ethan Rom. After all they are 30years behind the original crash and the Ethan we know was surely older than 30. Plus he was a doctor so that would make him at Least 30 most probably older. So the baby isn't Ethan unless they messed up with the ages and the baby was saved from the Purge perhaps because he's innocent and adopted by 1 of the others. Hence the name change from Goodspeed to Rom. Ben did say he was the LAST surviving member of the Dharma, but he has lied before.

The other thing that bugged me was the state of the Barracks. it really didn't look to me like it had been half blown up and shot to hell like the barracks in end of season 4. Plus they still had a Dharma sign on the door, a broken orientation sign hanging down and Dharma pictures on the wall. Surely the others would have disposed of the dharma stuff from the Barracks because they were living there. Plus we never saw either of the signs in any previous single shot of the Barracks in the present time. Not when Jack was there or when Sawyers lot were there. So it seems to me that the future has already been changed by the guys in the 70's.

Omg, reading these posts I came up with a theory :D Incase I'm right, people can look away if they don't wana be spoilt ;)

So pregnant lady was found by the Others... in the original timeline, they abducted her, kept the baby (Ethan) and killed her. Rom was just a made up surname by him. Therefore Ethan was an original other and Ben had never met him until they were grown up.

In this timeline, Sawyer saves her, and Ethan is born with the Dharma- never becoming an Other. Something else obv happens in those 30 years, meaning either the purge, or the Others taking over the houses, never happened- hence their state when Sun and Christian and Frank found them: the last inhabitants were the Dharma, NOT the Others.

Daniel obv twigged they had actually done the impossible and changed the timeline, so became crazy guy who told Charlotte to not come back, thinking he too could change the timeline, and disappeared.

... So that is my theory based on everyone's posts!! Make sense??

Omg, reading these posts I came up with a theory :wub: Incase I'm right, people can look away if they don't wana be spoilt :(

So pregnant lady was found by the Others... in the original timeline, they abducted her, kept the baby (Ethan) and killed her. Rom was just a made up surname by him. Therefore Ethan was an original other and Ben had never met him until they were grown up.

In this timeline, Sawyer saves her, and Ethan is born with the Dharma- never becoming an Other. Something else obv happens in those 30 years, meaning either the purge, or the Others taking over the houses, never happened- hence their state when Sun and Christian and Frank found them: the last inhabitants were the Dharma, NOT the Others.

Daniel obv twigged they had actually done the impossible and changed the timeline, so became crazy guy who told Charlotte to not come back, thinking he too could change the timeline, and disappeared.

Amy wasn't pregnant with Ethan at the time her husband was killed and she was rescued by Sawyer and Co. She became pregant three years later with Horace so the Others couldn't have gained Ethan that way.

Omg, reading these posts I came up with a theory :D Incase I'm right, people can look away if they don't wana be spoilt :P

Amy wasn't pregnant with Ethan at the time her husband was killed and she was rescued by Sawyer and Co. She became pregant three years later with Horace so the Others couldn't have gained Ethan that way.

Ah dammit, of course :P Everything in my post apart from that made sense!! Maybe it still does... maybe after they took her, one of the others knocked her up and she still had Ethan, but by a diff father... she may have had that name in mind for ages... and it deals with him seeming to be a bit older than these new dates suggest he is?

I honestly don't believe the whole multi-timeline theory. I believe the writers are using Faraday as a way of explaining how things work and in a sense, I'm taking what he says as gospel. I don't think Darlton would go out of there way to explain how time travel works just to go an completely discard it by creating alternate timelines etc.

Of course, this is Lost so I will more than certainly be proven wrong LOL.

"Whatever Happened..... Happened"

Edited by Lambourne