Feedback

Avengers7

It's no wonder that Kai and Gareth stormed off from their poker thing on Friday night. Honestly...2 rows of people, right up against their chairs. Gareth looked so mad, I thought he was going to snap.

In fairness that's not quite right. Kai lost all his chips and moved on so someone else could have a go at the poker table and whilst I agree it was ridiculous that there were so many people crammed right behind Gareth he didn't actually pay any attention to them and was quite happy just sitting there next to Gemma and Lisa playing poker. He was being very kind trying to teach a couple of young girls at the table how to play.

He took a couple of breaks but I understand he only finished because the games were being packed away.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no wonder that Kai and Gareth stormed off from their poker thing on Friday night. Honestly...2 rows of people, right up against their chairs. Gareth looked so mad, I thought he was going to snap.

In fairness that's not quite right. Kai lost all his chips and moved on so someone else could have a go at the poker table and whilst I agree it was ridiculous that there were so many people crammed right behind Gareth he didn't actually pay any attention to them and was quite happy just sitting there next to Gemma and Lisa playing poker. He was being very kind trying to teach a couple of young girls at the table how to play.

He took a couple of breaks but I understand he only finished because the games were being packed away.

Maybe I mistook concentration for anger. I don't even play poker, so what do I know :lol:

I just...I dunno. I kinda knew that people would be a bit...clingy, with the guests, but not to the extent that some of them were (always seemed to be the same people, I noticed).

Anyway. I still had a brilliant weekend! I just checked my bank account and I spent £130 :P What am I gonna do now?!

Maybe I mistook concentration for anger. I don't even play poker, so what do I know laugh.gif

Gareth was incredibly jet lagged poor thing - I don't think he was angry. People shouldn't have crowded behind him (simply because if nothing else it made it impossible to get into the toilets behind where he was sitting) but he didn't seemed fazed by them standing there - he was concentrating on the game.

But yes people should be better behaved and more considerate of others when it comes to speaking to the guests at the parties - but as they never are I guess you have to insert yourself into the conversation which is awkward.

Maybe I mistook concentration for anger. I don't even play poker, so what do I know laugh.gif

Gareth was incredibly jet lagged poor thing - I don't think he was angry. People shouldn't have crowded behind him (simply because if nothing else it made it impossible to get into the toilets behind where he was sitting) but he didn't seemed fazed by them standing there - he was concentrating on the game.

But yes people should be better behaved and more considerate of others when it comes to speaking to the guests at the parties - but as they never are I guess you have to insert yourself into the conversation which is awkward.

Maybe by the time The Hub 3 rolls around, I will havelearned to control my anger with regards to inconsiderate conventioners. Damn my entitlement complex :P

The funniest thing about the 'followers' of Matt was saturday night, around midnight when Playfulheartmonkey had his birthday celebration and spoke to Matt.

The gang of people that had been cornering him all night gave some SERIOUS death-glares lol

Get over yourselves.

Anyway, AMAZING weekend. Thank you to everyone I met and all the crew and all the guests. Cant wait for the next one.

And to echo everyone else, the only 'negative' thing was some of our fellow attendees getting maybe a little too carried away with guests at the parties. But to be honest that isnt something ME can control, and I wouldnt want to stop the guests mixing with the crowds, as they seemed to still enjoy themselves!

The funniest thing about the 'followers' of Matt was saturday night, around midnight when Playfulheartmonkey had his birthday celebration and spoke to Matt.

The gang of people that had been cornering him all night gave some SERIOUS death-glares lol

Get over yourselves.

Anyway, AMAZING weekend. Thank you to everyone I met and all the crew and all the guests. Cant wait for the next one.

And to echo everyone else, the only 'negative' thing was some of our fellow attendees getting maybe a little too carried away with guests at the parties. But to be honest that isnt something ME can control, and I wouldnt want to stop the guests mixing with the crowds, as they seemed to still enjoy themselves!

I agreeeeee! ME can do nothing about attendees like that, but the attendees should really think that others might like to talk to the guests. Even when I went over and talked to Matt for about 20 seconds, I was getting death glares (and a couple of elbows in the ribs!)

I think me and my friend had a quick work with Kai but knew when we were dismissed so we went away, Matt she talked to him when he wasn't so crowded for like a second and we just watched him take off his pants.

I think it was the same thing at Hub 1 so I wasn't so fazed by it.

Oh but we did offer to let Kai come play volleyball with us when he was walking through the bar ;D

The other issue I had, again with the convention goers is people bringing young children. I'm a parent myself, and small babies I can understand, there was one lady there with her child and he was gorgeous and sweet, as was she the whole weekend. I felt however that some brought their children purely for the attention value - maybe I'm wrong but that was the impression I was given by some. Why bring kids who are too young to watch Torchwood and clearly have no interest in it whatsoever.

Terri

(pterodactyl lady)

As one of the ladies with a small child at this convention I just wanted to give a short response to it. First of all, no worries, I don't feel offended by your point of view or anything! :YAHOO:

Everyone does things differently and has a different opinion.

I don't know if you would count me as one of the people that are likely to bring their child for the attention value, but I concede that the impression could arise, simply because I look the part to others I guess. (I'm the one with the green hair)

The reason my little one was with me is simply because he is to young not to be. He doesn't mind crowds after a little bit of warming up time, and he enjoys running around and meeting people. The queuing wasn't his favorite, but in my opinion still less traumatic/stressful for him than spending the weekend without his mum.

Of the panels he didn't see too much anyway, as we spend most of that time running the halls cause he didn't like them.

He might be too young to be a Torchwood fan, but he's also too young to spend that amount of time without me.

And quite honestly, although every mum probably enjoys hearing how cute her little one is, running around while apologizing to everybody he almost tripped up really isn't the kind of attention I enjoy :lol:

That said, he probably will be with me again at the next hub, if he doesn't miraculously decides he can do without mum for a few nights.

Mrs Plinks, mother to the worlds fastest toddler

This was my first convention, and I loved every minute. Was much friendlier than I had anticipated, and I thought all of the guests were lovely, especially Burn, who I had almost expected to race through autographs and pictures, but actually took some time to talk to us about Oliver and the fact he has a "very strong right hand" :lol:

I had a silver ticket and thought it was a great value for money, I only ended up buying a few extra photos and one extra autograph for a friend, so my bank accounts a little less empty than I had thought!

I do agree with what most people have said on here about others hogging the guests, I think it's lovely that they had even decided to go to the parties so they should have been given a little more space.

Thought the idea of raffling off Guest Encounters was fantastic, I'm pretty much broke so my hopes of winning a bid weren't exactly high, and though I didn't win one of the raffles I thought it gave everyone a fairer chance.

Have bought my ticket for the Hub 3 - think it will be fantastic! Let's just see how far we can get past the Barrowman line :YAHOO:

As one of the ladies with a small child at this convention I just wanted to give a short response to it. First of all, no worries, I don't feel offended by your point of view or anything! :lol:

Everyone does things differently and has a different opinion.

I don't know if you would count me as one of the people that are likely to bring their child for the attention value, but I concede that the impression could arise, simply because I look the part to others I guess. (I'm the one with the green hair)

Mrs Plinks

Your little boy was absolutely adorable, and totally too young not to be with you. He is so fast, I was amazed. He was also fantastically well behaved. I hope you and he do come to the next one. Your hair is fabulous too :)

Thought the idea of raffling off Guest Encounters was fantastic, I'm pretty much broke so my hopes of winning a bid weren't exactly high, and though I didn't win one of the raffles I thought it gave everyone a fairer chance.

Have bought my ticket for the Hub 3 - think it will be fantastic! Let's just see how far we can get past the Barrowman line :lol:

I paid £40 on Kai's for Saturday but I think Sunday may have been only £10 as that was my bid which was the lowest of the top 12. (don't know if I won or not as I was at the panel.)

I actually told a little kid to shut up during the Saturday panel. All I could hear was it screaming and talking. Very annoying. And when I turned round, its Dad just looked at me as if I were stupid.

I mean..come on! People pay a lot of money for these things, you think they'd have some common sense and courtesy! Unfortunately, I think there are a small number of attendees who lack both of these.

Get over yourselves.

Completely agree! There was a few people, well one girl in particular who just wouldn't let go of him and there was some inappropriate touching going on. Maybe a warning about not hogging the guests should have been read out like it was last time but that might not have made a difference to some people:) Saying that Matt seemed to enjoy the attention and handle it well, there's just a few people that need to be more considerate to others.

Kai and Tom were hilarious together, Randy was brilliant, and it was lovely to see Eve and Burn there as well. Thank you to all the crew, guests and organisers for putting on such a wonderful weekend.

I didn't think I could have as much fun as I did last time but I did and can't wait for the hub 3!

Have bought my ticket for the Hub 3 - think it will be fantastic! Let's just see how far we can get past the Barrowman line :D

I paid £40 on Kai's for Saturday but I think Sunday may have been only £10 as that was my bid which was the lowest of the top 12. (don't know if I won or not as I was at the panel.)

Yeah, I know some of them weren't exactly expensive but you never know...so I still liked the idea of a raffle. The panels were great though so didn't exactly feel like I was deprived haha

Yeah, I know some of them weren't exactly expensive but you never know...so I still liked the idea of a raffle. The panels were great though so didn't exactly feel like I was deprived haha

I felt like i missed out last time so that's why I went hell for leather for one, my friend got Matt for £20 :D it is fun probably less fun then panels (I heard I missed the ONE kiss of the weekend :o ) but saying that Kai's gonna share retcon with me :(

Oh Lauren, I just gave death glares to little girl as I strained my ears forward.

I felt like i missed out last time so that's why I went hell for leather for one, my friend got Matt for £20 :D it is fun probably less fun then panels (I heard I missed the ONE kiss of the weekend :o ) but saying that Kai's gonna share retcon with me :(

Oh Lauren, I just gave death glares to little girl as I strained my ears forward.

I don't know which would actually be better, the encounters or the panels! Depends who's in the panel, I suppose, I almost zoned out of Matt and Roderic's one - couldn't stop focusing on the chewing noise *shudders*

This was my first convention and I thought it was great. Eve and Burn were definitely highlights for me. Unfortunetly I had to leave early on the Sunday and didn't go to the party on the Saturday either, but if I can make it down next time I'd love to go. Also I must say THANK YOU to Too Tall again, I lost my booklet that allowed me to get autographs early on the Saturday and thought I was doomed, however, he made sure I was able to get all the auto's I hadn't yet recieved. :)

I was at the con myself and I'm quite shy and never really mixed with anyone, but if I'm able to go to the next one, my friend may come with me and hopefully we can get a room at the actual con hotel this time. So I should be able to talk to fellow convention goers a bit more.

Everything ran quite smoothly from what I saw, thanks Massive Events for making my first convention a pleasant experience.

All positives that I can think of!!

I thought the amount entertainment and scale of the Saturday night party was just fantastic C: The freak show was a great laugh and the fair stalls were so much fun; free hippos, candyfloss and popcorn for all, what's not to love?! :D

Randy was hillarious, the guests were all fantastic and everything was even more efficient and organised concerning the schedule.

And on a random note, I really appreciate that Kai still came despite everything and was so wonderful.

Oh!! And I thought it was fantastic that there was an auction specifically for charity C:

Can't wait for Hub 3!!! You never dissappoint showmasters!!

Ooh, although I wasn't aware of the situation with Phil Ford's writer's workshop for some reason so I missed it. I'm still not, so you might want to correct/ignore me here, but I would have loved to have seen a panel or something from him. It was still great to have him write the Randy script and meet him though.