WrestleMania XXV Card (Announced)

Will Jones

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ther Legdrop, Clothseline, Big Boot and Punching - that's four actually :YAHOO:

You know the more i think about it the more i think the WWE hasnt been the same since WCW went under and Vince made such a pigs ear of the invasion (which could have been the greatest angle ever).

Look at what weve had to endure - Vince being blown up, Vince having the stage drop on him, HHH and the whole Katie Vick storyline, Kane being unmasked and supposedly being burned but then revealing that he was just mental, Kane supposedly kidnapping Mysterio and then it turning to he just hit him in the car park, Vince finding God, Vince vs God, Big Show being covered in s***, Hot spam, Heidenrich raping Micheal Cole, DDP stalking Takers wife, the complete waste if Goldberg, something like 10 HHH title runs (dont know the exact number).......

I know that there has been some good during the same period but it has been mostly dross, and dross that continues to get worse whilst new talent isnt elevated and the likes of Cena and Batista (both talentless gimps IMO) get shoved down our throats.

You may proceed to rip my theory apart :YAHOO:

There is no need to rip apart your theory as it is your opinion and I respect that. Whilst I believe that some mid card talent DID deserve a push, some wasted chances given to them as they perform as they had shown promise to. Some performers were made for smaller arenas and have not stepped up to the plate in the big time. Yes, Vince and Co and wasted brilliant oppurtunities to run superb angles. Yes, there have been some awful storylines.

However...

Yes, TV Execs have made the WWE include certain elements in the show...Exhibit A - The Boogeyman.

Yes, TV Execs have forced the WWE to rethink angles as certain members of the roster "aren't over".

Yes, advertisers have made the WWE push established stars as they feel certain stars do not look good for their product.

Also.....

Yes, McMahon has had everything done to him on TV because it gets a reaction. It also gets him off TV so that new angles can run.

No one is perfect, and we all have different tastes. However, in a perfect world we would see the angles we want and the matches we yearn for. But, that won't happen until employees step into line and realise that they are not bigger than the prodcut. I am not a big fan of Triple H, but he gets the crowd respnse and always gives a good performance during an angle. The same can be said for Cena - love him or hate him, the crowd is always rowdy around him.

All in all, the WWE has it's limits and those have to be stretched 100%. When a main eventer in TNA like Christian is put n ECW, you know Vince is testing him to see if he has the guts to take the crap and show he is worth it. Christian may not be No.1 in Vince's book, but he is better than he was 3 years ago when he left the WWE.

Roll on April 5th and WrestleMania as I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be better than people think it will be.

That doesnt mean he was any good as a wrestler, i mean look at Hogan, he got away with two moves for 20 years. In that respect Cena is the new Hulk

that isnt Cena's fault though

look at his early matches against Angle and Jericho and compare them to his more recent matches, he had a far greater move set back then. WWE cut what they allow their superstars down to protect them

i agree will Will though, im sure Mania will be a lot better than people expect it to be. ive booked the Monday off work so will be sitting up for it. Cant wait

• Moderators

I've always said Cena is a far better wrestler than he appears because he doesn't need to have a bigger moveset.

Even Hogan could do more than he actually did, but with the way he controlled a crowd etc, he didn't need to be throwing out every move under the sun.

Some wrestlers get over with their wrestling techniques, others get over with charisma and tone the in-ring performances down a notch. They're all different. I've always been a fan of guys like Bret Hart and Chris Benoit over the Cenas and Hogans of the world, but that's just a personal preference.

As for 'Mania, it'll be awesome as it always is. On paper, it looks like a weaker one, but most guys step up their game for the big one, and it's always worth watching.

okay guy's i'm puttin this out there

can anyone else remember anything about last years Wrestlemania apart from Flair v HBK or money in the bank

i don't mean like who wrestled who, i mean anything about the matches stick out in your mind

i really cant remember anything else apart from those two matches and i think it will be the same if not better this time, you've got HBK v Taker in what is possible going to be one of the best matches of modern times, MITB is gonna have its usual antics to keep us happy and now we have got Matt v Jeff in an Extreme Match

i'm thinking more people will remember this wrestlemania more than last years

also if its going to go the way it looks like its going, Evan v Swagger or even better Evan v Swagger v TJ Wilson and you have 4 epic matches

Money In The Bank - John Morrison Moonsault with the ladder out of the ring....

Big Show getting laid out with a godl chain assisted right from Floyd Mayweather Jb, and the fact that Mayweather had a decent outing - he was trained a lot by Evan Bourne.

BUt let's be serious...Flair vs HBK was ALWAYS going to steal the show...

can anyone else remember anything about last years Wrestlemania apart from Flair v HBK or money in the bank

lol it was an epic move though

i had completely forgot the big show match even took place, can't remember anything about it other than Show getting hit with BRass nuks

Edited by yesindeed

I just specified an actual move rather than the whole match as it is featured in every trailer/highlight real from last year.

Every WrestleMania is the same in that one or two matches steal the show.

And the WWE haven't announced the Matt vs Jeff as Extreme Rules according to WWE.Com (I just looked).

And the WWE haven't announced the Matt vs Jeff as Extreme Rules according to WWE.Com (I just looked).

i'm forgeting this is only friday and some of you guys aint seen it yet

it'll go up tomorrow, they announce it on SD tonight, Jeff v Kendrick in and Extreme match tonight (its kinda dull though)

Edited by yesindeed

it'll go up tomorrow, they announce it on SD tonight, Jeff v Kendrick in and Extreme match tonight (its kinda dull though)

I have seen the results of the next two weeks Smackdown...so, I must have missed the announcement. If you look at it, Jeff is the one with the better in ring skills, so, an Extreme Rules match is not a bad idea. Could be a show stealer.

I have just checked several sites and none of them say such an announcement happened. Where did you see the results that mentioned this?

Edited by Will Jones

I have seen the results of the next two weeks Smackdown...so, I must have missed the announcement. If you look at it, Jeff is the one with the better in ring skills, so, an Extreme Rules match is not a bad idea. Could be a show stealer.

I have just checked several sites and none of them say such an announcement happened. Where did you see the results that mentioned this?

J.R. and Tazz anunce it before Jeff V Kendrick

video here about 3:45 into it

http://www.yousportz.com/video/11273/Frida...-032009--Part-4

and a report on it here

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/sp...mania-xxv-60091

Kane won the ECW title in a matter of seconds after a battle royal before the event

Batista botched a bomb on Umaga

Cena had an amazing ring entrance with the marching band thing going on

Taker vs Edge was just brilliant all the way through

that is on top of MITB and the retirement match which was amazing of course

i remember loads of it especially because i was in the crowd watching it :(

Edited by snot182

Kane won the ECW title in a matter of seconds after a battle royal before the event

Batista botched a bomb on Umaga

Cena had an amazing ring entrance with the marching band thing going on

Taker vs Edge was just brilliant all the way through

that is on top of MITB and the retirement match which was amazing of course

i remember loads of it especially because i was in the crowd watching it :lol:

fair play mate, but i guess your gonna remember it if you where there

again i forgot about Batista v Umaga

which is sort of my point, the retirement match and MITB cast so big a shadow over the rest that no one really cares that Batista knees buckled trying to lift umaga, they are all just going "holly crap you see what morrison did" or "what a way to end your career"

this year it will be MITB again, Jeff v Matt they don't hold anything back when fighting each other and have been known to really hit each other to sell it so it should be interesting to say the least seeing as both are amazing with some weapons and then you have HBK V Taker which could have a PPV all to its self with no other matches and last 3 hours and ppl would still be on the edge of there seats for it

so yeah some of the matches this year suck but we have 3, possible 4 and even Miz and Morrison V the colon could though a curve ball and be really amazing

Edited by yesindeed

HBK vs The Undertaker - you have two performers here who know how to protect an opponent if they have injuries old or new. When HBK SCM'd the Deadman on Raw it was done with excellent timing by both guys. That comes down to trust.

Edge vs Cena vs Big Show - all of these 3 of experienced enough to stick to the pre-match planning. The match will build, and I have a feeling we may see a swerve or two.

Triple H vs Orton - as Triple H said in a recent interview concerning the acknowledgement that he and Steph are really married, they have put a ripple in the WWE Universe and this allows them to swerve people in different ways. If you have them split on screen, people will ask if they have in real life etc etc. You will never have, in my opinion, Triple H and Orton on the same side as they have gone outside the WWE Universe into the real world. They will find it hard to have Triple H vs Vince again. I think that this match will be better than some people think.

Money In The Bank - This is really up in the air. With MVP winning the US Title, I will find it hard for him to get a title shot. I cannot see Shelton winning it as I don't think he is main event material at the moment. Finlay, Mark Henry and Kane and making up the numbers. So, that leaves Christian, CM Punk and Kofi Kingston as the elading three for the victory. I am going with Punk or Christian, with Captain Charisma more likely as he has a ready made feud with Edge waiting for him.

Rey Mysterio vs JBL - this will probably be a typical big man vs little man match. The only question remains is whether Vince wil allow JBL to create history by retiring as Champion.

Miss WrestleMania Battle Royal - with the big return of Gail Kim during the tapings of this week's coming Smackdown where she sparked out Maryse and Michelle McCool, I can see her winning this.

Jeff vs Matt - although this is an extreme rules match, I can see Matt coming out on top and cleanly. I see this as another Bret vs Owen match where Bret put his brotherover.

Jericho vs The Legends - I can see CJ winning this, but the Legends laying him out afterwards.

Tag Team Title Unification Match - I hope this ends in a clean victory and merging of the belts. Wihe brand ceossovers happenignon a weekly basis, having only a handful of teams company wide could mean a resurrection of the tag division. I hope the Colons win as it could mean Morrison going solo.

Tag Team Title Unification Match - I hope this ends in a clean victory and merging of the belts. Wihe brand ceossovers happenignon a weekly basis, having only a handful of teams company wide could mean a resurrection of the tag division. I hope the Colons win as it could mean Morrison going solo.

yeah but think about the Slow-Mo with two belts and a slammy, it would just be the koolest thing in the world to look at.............i get confused about Morrison, i'm a straight man and even i would let him have his way with me :firedevil:

Can I please just ask generally for people to be slightly careful with spoilers just in case people don't want to know results of TV tapings please?

Thank you :firedevil:

sure thing boss

mine was a complete accident cause i watch SD on friday morning and forgot