Anymore Astro Guests ?

ForAllMankind

I to would like to see a few more Shuttle era astronauts,

von Dawson's Express

Although there is a bit to go, does anyone know of anymore Astronauts that may attend, it seems that most are busy in the states regarding the various anniversaries so I was just wondering if there was anymore Shuttle astronauts joining Rick Searfoss ?

Always had a thought that the Heathrow hotel is used so that the astro's can fly over, do their thing and then get the plane home, I wonder if 'coz Auto13 is in Birmingham there's difficulty getting astro's (plus other celebs who generally seem to be London based) to come up - I hope not.

I'd guess not, after all last time round at Birmingham we had Dave Scott, Jim McDivett and Alexi Leonov from the astros and only visa problems stopped Krikalev and Tokarev from attending after they had been booked. There was also a good spread of Bond guests not to mention Tony Curtis.

I guess this time round its a combo of lack of availbility for Apollo astronauts due to other anniversary events round the world, money being tighter for a lot of people (after all neither Lovell or Scott exactly did a roaring trade last time round at Heathrow). I'm guessing this is becoming more of a problem as it seems several Apollo astronauts are looking to raise their prices from show to show, and reading some of the feedback from a recent event in the US, they are even increasing their prices during the show!

At the end of the day if these guys are asking for bigger and bigger fees that the public are less willing to meet all that will happen is the events will lose more and more money. I'm hoping that some of these astronauts start looking at their peers who behave in the right way and don't look at events such as this as a complete excersise in taking ounters for as much as they can.

Although there is a bit to go, does anyone know of anymore Astronauts that may attend, it seems that most are busy in the states regarding the various anniversaries so I was just wondering if there was anymore Shuttle astronauts joining Rick Searfoss ?

If this is a busy time for Astronauts with anniversary events over The Pond, then surely this would have been a good time for swelling the space numbers with a cosmonaut or two.

However, I was dissapointed to read another thread where the poster appeared to say pretty authoritatively that there would be definitely no cosmonauts.

Could someone from Showmasters comment? Are there still problems with cosmonauts obtaining visas?

Patience is a virtue guys.

Dave, you are whetting the appetite of the space loving community again. Your words tempt me to believe that you still have something up your sleeve.

However, I've said it elsewhere. The fact that you have secured the services of Helen Sharman will fill a significant gap in my space collection and that gives me immense satisfaction.

As always, well done Dave.

At the risk of been boring what about Bonny Dunbar who has flowen on the shuttle? I have heard that she is visiting a boarding school in Surrey (A parent of a child I was talking to told me) at the beginning of April, how about asking if she would do A13???

Regards all von Dawson's Express