Costume Progress

carnosoul

More than an oversight at CM15, I think with the lack of cosplay at the event turning people away for no reference would of left us with nobody to enter the competion at all.

Was an exception though, as you said, you wernt there to run it to its full extent.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my Steampunk airship Captain is my own creation , do i just bring a sketch of the look i was wanting to achieve , i have various drawings of how it has shaped up and a final one of what i want it to look like.

as for music i really don't know , anyone got a suggestion

well my Steampunk airship Captain is my own creation , do i just bring a sketch of the look i was wanting to achieve , i have various drawings of how it has shaped up and a final one of what i want it to look like.

as for music i really don't know , anyone got a suggestion

Yep, concept sketches are fine as long as they show all of the costume and any details you particularly want taken into account.

was thinking possibly Abbney Park - Dear Ophelia

Yep, concept sketches are fine as long as they show all of the costume and any details you particularly want taken into account.

ah i thought it was , but good just to make sure , i'd have registerd by now , but it's still in the final stages .

when will you be at the cosplay desk , will you be there from before the events starts , as i'm trooping with the UKG on the day (Imperial Crewman) so i will only have a short time to register at the desk . The guys of our garrison know i'm entering the cosplay so it shouldn't be an issue , will probably pop over at lunch time to register

Supposing a reference picture for your character doesn't exist? I'm doing a sort of hybrid Two Face, ya see.

Use any pictures you worked from and/or a concept sketch that you've done.

Thanks - and so late! I thought I'd be the only sad-o online at this time.

I reckon I'll just do the rounds in costume rather than enter the cosplay (ugh) thing. I don't really have any reference pictures or sketches for the makeup - I'm gonna do what I usually do which is slap latex on my face and see what works.

Slightly OT - just a heads up for whoever deals with the site...

...two of the links on the cosplay info section don't work; Facilities and Masquerade rules.

None of the links work actually, but I'm going to send all the new links for the London one.

Slightly OT - just a heads up for whoever deals with the site...

...two of the links on the cosplay info section don't work; Facilities and Masquerade rules.

None of the links work actually, but I'm going to send all the new links for the London one.

Really? I only got errors on those two. I can't even rememebr what information I was looking for, specifically. I seem to have a short memory today

2989385580101045214S600x600Q85.jpg

This is my first completed costume for the weekend, I'm the one on the right.

The shirt is actually black, just seems to photograph a funny colour. No idea why!

Helloo....looking good.....Bernie here ....see you fri night....:-D

Damn. Im not getting to work on my costume due to being layed up trying to get rid of this cold by Saturday. Ill need to dig out my updated Fallout costume and leave the one I was making till next time :D

Just a thought, will there be a December CM like there was last year?

I think it might well have worked but that was right bang in the middle of all the 'credit crunch' hysteria and people were being cagey, it was also only about 13 weeks after the last event, maybe a bigger gap would have helped.

From a dealers point of view we noticed that we were up on cash takings and way down on cards, we surmised that people with money in their pockets were spending but people were being cautious about the bills that would come in after christmas.

Very doubtful. Wasn't it a big flop?

It certainly seemed that way.

Incidentally, gutted. Have been stricken down by a cold which is gonna make latex makeup damn near impossible. I hope I can shake it before Saturday...

You can just keep your germs to yourself mister! For a speedy recovery neck the vitamin C and Echinacea :P