Bedford Train Station - Taxi?

Shirl

Hi we are coming by train and our train ticket's just say to Bedford is there Taxis outside the station we can get to the hotel, do we need to pre book our taxi? as i read somewhere that at one of the Stations you had to pre book your taxi?

Thanks

Shirl

Edited by Shirl

If you look on National rail, it says main station has a taxi rank and St Johns doesnt , if that helps

Yup, you should be able to just turn up at Bedford main station (BDM) and get a cab - if not you can probably get one to turn up there quite sharpish. If you go to Bedford St Johns (BSJ) you'll either have to book one in advance, or call one when you get there (I assume there will be at least a list of numbers, if not a special taxiphone) at the station.

Other details about the relative appeal of each station are in a previous post here.

From the mainstation Google says it's a 18 minute walk.

I haven't look for the other station, but it seems to me, that this one is a little bit nearer, isn't it?

Anyway, I don't like to change trains, so I go by mainstation and take a taxi.

how far is the station to the hotel? I was hopping I'd just walk the distance?:P

surfy sah xx

I have two words for you Google Maps :poki:

It's 0.6 miles to walk.

Weird, this version of Google Maps says that it's 0.8 miles to walk. Which is either a thoroughly insignificant increase of about 0.2 miles / 350 metres, or a hugely significant increase of over 30% ;)