FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

Starbuck73

There was no doubt about it... she was beautiful.

As she clunked down the stairs with her leg cast making such a god-awful noise, all I could see was her... her unbelievable beauty... the way her face made my heart light up was unmistakable... I had definately grown to love Bella Swan.

From that first awkward day in the biology lab... her sweet scent stirring something inside me that I had never felt before... torn between running for the door & sweeping her into my arms & completely devouring her... it was almost too much to take... so I did nothing... the least possible eye contact... not saying a word... & getting out of there as fast as my legs would carry me as soon as the bell had rung.

But as we had spent more time together, we had become good friends... & our friendship had developed further that either of us could have ever hoped or wished for... Bella knew what I was, what all of the Cullens were... & yet she wasn't afraid of us... in fact, it made her more curious.

How different things were now... of all of the obstacles that we Cullens faced in everyday life, of all the thorns, she had become the rose... the epitome of beauty in an otherwise dull existence... my ray of light in cloudy Forks.

As we made our way to prom, I couldn't stop staring at her & grinning like the cat who got the cream... I lead her to the dancefloor & we moved so fluidly together, Bella's bad leg aside... our eyes locked on each other, as if there was no-one else in the room.

As she gazed into my 'golden eyes', as she put it, I could sense she was nervous... "What are you thinking, Bella?", I enquired... "I was thinking you brought me here for a reason... that you had changed your mind... about changing me..."

The moon was high that night... her silky skin reflecting the paleness of my own against her... "Are you sure you are ready?" I asked... because as I asked, she seemed more nervous than ever... I felt her body go rigid, as if psyching herself up for immense pain & her breathing seemed to shallow...

I leaned into her... she smelt so good, her arms wrapped around me... this was the perfect way for us to be together forever... or was it... something didn't feel right... good grief, here I was, a cold-blooded killer, having a crisis of concience... how bizzare!!!

"I love you more than everything else in the world combined..." she whispered... "Isn't that enough?"

I made my decision... leaned in... & gently kissed Bella on the neck... "Yes it IS enough..." I whispered back "... enough for forever..."

My self-control was in full effect... and there we were together... she was my gorgeous Bella... utterly & stunningly beautiful... my rose among the thorns of Forks.

Anita Nesbitt (age 30+ :D )