FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

jess8619

I remember the first time I saw her. It was at the High School in the cafeteria. Alice pushed the door open and the over-whelming smell of human blood made me feel all giddy. Good thing she squeezed my hand and smiled at me. We walked past her together, arm in arm. Edward came in last, and we all watched as he strode through the cafeteria towards our table, I often wonder how he does it. How he can keep such a straight face around all the blood, they all say it gets easier and Carlisle and Alice are always telling me I’m making progress and doing well but I’m constantly living in fear of losing control, of re-awakening the monster inside me.

The next time we all saw her was in the parking lot, she was leaning against her car- occasionally glancing at Edward. I felt Alice’s hand tighten around my arm.

“What is it?†I asked, panicking a little “What do you see?â€

“I don’t think it’s anything important.†She paused “Just a car, everything else is blurred.â€

I put my arm around her reassuringly and she leant her head on my shoulder, sighing.

Suddenly Edward had gone, I turned my head to hear a loud screech of tyres and a heavy thud. I couldn’t believe it. Edward had saved her; he’d dented the car that was going to slam into her.

“Now he’s done it.†I heard Emmet mutter

Then, like it had never happened, Edward was back standing next to us.

“Let’s go.†He snapped

We didn’t hesitate and all clambered into the car.

One late afternoon Esme announced that Edward was bringing her to meet us all.

I buried my head in my hands, this is it, I thought. As soon as he brings her here, I’ll be a savage again and I won’t be able to stop myself. I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder and looked up, to see Carlisle standing above me. He gave me a broad smile, and nodded reassuringly. Alice suggested it would be a good idea if we went upstairs, so we waited and waited. I felt myself getting even more agitated, then I heard the door slam shut and the low mutter of Edward’s voice. I started breathing heavily, running my hands through my hair. My eyes were wild, my palms sweaty. Suddenly, Alice was at my feet, her hands in mine. She smiled her beautiful, quirky smile and squeezed my hands.

“You’re going to be fine Jasper.†She said sweetly “Come on, let’s go and meet her.â€

She led me downstairs and already I could smell her, I almost went for it- I felt my fists clench. But then the small amount of human left inside me told me to stop, told me to focus. To focus on Alice, my love. To focus on getting through it all- knowing that one day I’d be able to control the monster forever.

Jessica Lloyd (Aged 15)

Edited by jess8619

Ohh that was a interesting view into Jasper's perspective. I think seeing the events of Twilight from the other characters POVs is really fascinating. Stephenie Meyer did a great job with Midnight Sun (which I hope she finishes some day!)

I think another really interesting moment would be to explore when Jasper first finds his powers, and how that effects other people.

Well done! :eek: