So whats your bag?

Polsnulspace

Seeing as I'm a newbie, I thought I'd start this thread just to get an over all idea of what you guys are into most? I myself, am a collector of props and prop replicas. Ive never ventured into the cosplay side of things but thats not to say its not 'my bag'. Ive always wanted to get myself a good sci-fi based costume but Ive never really decided on which one Id like to have. In the end though, I think it would be a toss up between Darth Vader (though I'm only 5'8" :thumbup: ), Darth Maul or Neo..........that is, if I ever actually get around to it!!

So, when you guys go to these shows, are you there because its an event where you can meet up with fellow cosplayers or are you more like myself, someone who hopes to find that something extra special for their collection??

Paul :YAHOO:

we have a 5 foot 8 Vader

his name be ROCK VADER!

i go because i like sci/fi, have made some friends on here, like to see what i can get for my hard earned pennies, not one for cosplay (not good enough in my costume skils) but i do like to dress up as something

nice of you to join us

Greg

Hi Paul,

I love just about everything and anything Sci Fi, i love collectormania for the same reasons as Greg, i am just getting into Costuming and i will be in Costume this August, like Greg said i have made some really cool friends on here too, this Forum is full of lovely cool and interesting people, its going to be great meeting all you guys in August :YAHOO:

Nice of you to join us

Mel

Well i like props to , like making my own ones . Just getting into casting in resin , love scifi , yeah it all ,thats right the whole lot .

Kind of live and breath Starwars and my hobby is costuming presently working on a TIE build for 501st membership so it's important to get the details right or i won't get the costume approved. Have a Pred build going as well but concentrating on the TIE as i hope to have it done for august this year.

Love Mandalorians , i'm a official member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club

this is me

S6300212-1-1.jpg

Well i like props to , like making my own ones . Just getting into casting in resin , love scifi , yeah it all ,thats right the whole lot .

Kind of live and breath Starwars and my hobby is costuming presently working on a TIE build for 501st membership so it's important to get the details right or i won't get the costume approved. Have a Pred build going as well but concentrating on the TIE as i hope to have it done for august this year.

Love Mandalorians , i'm a official member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club

this is me

S6300212-1-1.jpg

Cool photo, noticed your blaster, i have been checking out E11 blasters on the net today lol :)

Thanks for the replies guys.....it defo seems like cosplay is a main factor (so far anyhoo)!! Cocomando, you say you also like to make your own props.....are those props based on your passion for all things Mandalorian or do you venture down different avenues when making your props?? Sorry for being so nosey but......Im just a nosey begger Im afraid!! :YAHOO:

At this moment Im sitting with two kits I really need to get built up......unfortunately, Im not the best model maker in the world. One is a Fifth element Multipass kit and the other is a Terminator T-850 Powercell kit from T3 and the hardest bit of that will be finding someone who can chrome plastic!! :YAHOO:

I was gonna post pics of my collection but I dont wanna fill your lovely forum with tons of pics (just incase I upset the mods/admin) so here is a link to my collection if you fancy a goosey gander..........

http://www.theimportforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=406710#406710

If any of you guys wanna share your collections.....Id love to see them!!! :YAHOO:

Edited by Polsnulspace

Here is my collection;

Tomb Raider stuff

Comics and books;

257lr7p.jpg

25evfpy.jpg

Strategy Guides Minus AOD (which I'm still hunting for)

2iu839t.jpg

Randoms;

108g5ly.jpg

Crystal games (and the aod dvd game lol);

wb6ko1.jpg

Figures:

xlartl.jpg

Core games:

2h505ma.jpg

Since that was taken, I've got the new underworld figure and the movie companion..here they go;

16hkgfk.jpg

ejfyg7.jpg

ALso since they were taken I have acquired the junior movie novelization, and Legend on the x box.

:YAHOO:

I have a huge collection, seriously i can hardly fit in my room lol, i will see if i can get some photos together.

The main things i collect are Star Wars, Buffy, Crow Merchandise, Resident Evil, to name just a few lol

I have a massve collection of Buffy stuff everything from trading cards to comics, models etc.

Star Wars i have models, books, etc I also have a 17" talking Yoda i got from the last convention Love him :) and an 15" Slave Leia lol

I have a cool Lara as well :)

Mel

Ive never been a Tomb Raider / Lara Croft fan but that is one mighty fine collection there touchthesky....top work!! :YAHOO:

Looking forward to seeing your pics Mel!!

Here is some of My Collection,

Leia and Chewie

IMGP0226.gif

Buffy Library

IMGP0228.jpg

Slave Leia

IMGP0230.jpg

Lara

IMGP0218.gif

Yoda

IMGP0217.jpg

Have lots more but here is some of my faves :)

Edited by ClaireRedfield

Your Yoda rocks Mel........Ive been tempted to get myself a full sized Yoda for ages but I dont really have the space for him......perhaps one day if I get a bigger house!! :D

Thanks :) i love him to bits , you sqeeze his hands and you can ask him questions lol

I'm not really a collector of anything in particular, I don't cosplay (I would like to, but I'm far too round) I go because I like to meet guests associated with things I love.

Which is pretty much anything to do with Doctor Who. I also love James Bond, although I prefer the novels to the films. The other draw is that you can get some pretty sick Godzilla stuff there. I freakin' love Godzilla.

Seeing a you guys are kind enough to post lotsa cool pics, I thought Id stick some up aswell then!! :smile:

My A-Z

picture004fo8.jpg

picture005xb7.jpg

Star Trek

picturejz1.jpg

1004962uw5mh0.jpg

Livingroom.

Terminator.

1004447md0.jpg

Framed Matrix and Joker Posters.

1004933wc3.jpg

1004938qg5.jpg

1004935kq1.jpg

Main Display.

1004953su3.jpg

1004941iz2.jpg

And some more.........

1004942kf4.jpg

Star Wars.

1004946un0.jpg

starwarsatat01rq3.jpg

Minority Report.

1004977nh0.jpg

The Fifth Element.

100_4974-1.jpg

Indiana Jones.

10049751ss2.jpg

1004965hy7.jpg

Transformers.

transformersallsparkhr3.jpg

Jurassic Park.

100_4973-1.jpg

Coming Soon.......

Ironman.

100_4980.jpg

:D

WOW. What a collection, i love the master replicas stuff, very cool at at.

and a very impressive dvd collection. I used to collect dvds as well but just sold all mine and stared buying blu ray.

I am also a star wars fan i have a few master replicas items. also just about finished my collection of vintage star wars figures. I also a boba fett costume i put together and a darth vader costume.

you can check some pics of me in them also my figures and sabers at http://photobucket.com/snedders

Thank you for the kind words guys!!

Love those sig-series lightsabers.....especially the Vader one. It would look great infront on my Vader helmet!! I used to have the MR Maul saber aswell but I sold it!!

Im looking forward to starting my Ironman display. Ive got the Sideshow lifesize bust on order along with a replica MKI chestpiece from the movie (a replica of the pressie Pepper Potts gives Tony) and Ive got a few IM paper props away getting framed so hopefully everything will be here within the next 3 or 4 weeks........cant wait!! :(

Edited by Polsnulspace