The Ibis Hotel

Superrobyn

HANG ON...

I'm not staying in the Ibis, but in the Park Inn... I'm 17, but will be sharing a room with some one who is 18+... does what your saying mean that I can't stop in the hotel, if the rules are the same in the Park Inn.

Because surely that would mean that families wouldn't be able to stop there... Hope someone can clear this up for me.

Edit: Typo change

Edited by LisaMarie

Don't panic, I think you are right Lisa. This doesn't make any sense.

Of course families can come with their children or an older sister stay with her younger sister etc. So I would assume if you are someone above 18 and someone below 18 you can stay together. It is usually this way.

I'd suggest calling to get it confirmed, do not do this in the weekend where it is some weekend person without any knowledge on shift though :D Just a suggestion :D

I called back, and the lady said

"Unfortunately You Cannot Stay at the hotel without a guardian who is Over 18, its the rules of the hotel"

"Well..It's not on your sight. I understand though."

"It is Located on the website"

(I wasnt going to argue with a french lady down the phone , so i just kinda sighed and listened to her mumble on)

"I've booked the room with My Dads Card, If someone over 18 Stays int he room with me and my friend Is it okay that the card is in my name?"

"Thats Fine"

"Okay Thank you."

grr.

Lol

Edited by Superrobyn

I had this problem. i rung the ibis a while back before i booked my room. As i'm only 17 i cannot stay in a room by myself. but because my friend is 18 she qualifies as my 'guardian'. So as long as you go with someone who is 18 and it is booked in their name you should be fine :) This is what i'm doing. Just make sure you get the name of the person you spoke to just incase you have any problems :)

I called back, and the lady said

"Unfortunately You Cannot Stay at the hotel without a guardian who is Over 18, its the rules of the hotel"

"Well..It's not on your sight. I understand though."

"It is Located on the website"

(I wasnt going to argue with a french lady down the phone , so i just kinda sighed and listened to her mumble on)

"I've booked the room with My Dads Card, If someone over 18 Stays int he room with me and my friend Is it okay that the card is in my name?"

"Thats Fine"

"Okay Thank you."

grr.

Lol

that good then.

i think im staying at a mates. i was gonna book a room just for the sat but im gonna try and find a few poeple who wouldnt mind sharing floor space and then booking it that way so we can all stay for the weekend including my friend! plus its soooo much cheaper for every one!

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY VAMPIRE! Right, my Dad is having a hissy. I booked the happy rate which is no cancellation or changes one. You know when you book you hand over your credit card details, is that just a garentee and you have to hand it in again when you get there or do they actually charge you then? Because I may need to cancel a room and Im not sure when I have to cancel it by.

The details say

'Full deposit is not refundable even if the booking is cancelled or modified.' But I havent checked to see if they have taken the full deposit.

The unfortunate thing is that once they've taken your credit card number, even if they haven't charged you the deposit yet, they could quite easily do so when you cancel, since they have the card information and you have consented to their booking conditions. I would imagine about the only way you could guarantee that they wouldn't charge the card (if they haven't done so already) would be to cancel the credit card as lost a day or two before cancelling the room. However, that is a major pain in the backside, because you then have about a week waiting for a new card to come through, plus anywhere you have it registered (e.g. with amazon as a default method of payment) it will need to be re-registered. And legally the hotel would probably still have a claim against you even if they couldn't charge your card - it's just they're almost certain not to bother going to court for whatever the deposit is.

I guess you could always ring up anonymously and find out whether there's any chance that they won't charge a deposit if you cancel now.

does anyone know what the ibis is like?

i don't want to stay in a scary hotel :(

I stayed at the Ibis when I went to 'the Hub' con and have no complaints. We had a lovely room, they put on a decent breakfast, the staff were nice and friendly and we were able to store our suitcases there on the Sunday even though we had to check out on Sunday morning. The other big plus is that it's a 2 min walk to the Park Inn :)