Things we'd like to see at Hub 2...

du_berg

Eve because she's been reported to be so nice.

Naoko because she wanted to come back, and I'm a sucker.

Gareth and Kai since they've already said 'yes'...

...and John, because...

PLAY SEQUEL!!

*ahem*

That said, I'm incredibly happy that Andy Price and Matt Rippy will be there, and with all the wonderful guests signed to date, anyone else that comes along will be lovely additions to the lineup. :)

It's a good point about Blue Gillespie, personally thats one of the reasons I'm not so keen on them being there and from what I've heard his band mates don't get the whole Torchwood fandom thing anyway. I think it might be a distraction. IMO conventions & gigs should be kept separate.

The band are completely baffled by the fangirls. They're good natured but they leave Gareth to that side of things - they're not really interested - that's why on their myspace Gareth's job is listed as being "crowd control".Also at the gigs whilst Gareth is really great about saying hi to everyone who has come to see the band he does very much stick with the band and his family and doesn't appreciate being crowded- he's not interested in playing nice with the fangirls. Realistically Blue Gillespie being at the event means a very inaccessible Gareth but to be fair it's a bit of a rarity for a guest to be quite as accessible as Gareth was at the Hub anyway and that's fairly unlikely to ever be repeated so maybe it doesn't matter that much.

Blue Gillespie are a great band and I would really encourage people to travel to see them but I just can't see them working at a convention which has such a cross generational audience - their music definitely isn't for everyone.

Ok here's a few of my for real things that i'd like to see at HUB2........

Play sequel.

Props.

The SUV...just cos it's such a damn sexy car.

Everything and anything Weevil.

Green screen fun...saw this set up at the Dr Who exhibition....you see yourself in the Tardis..great fun lol.

Quizzes...with prizes...come on test our amazing knowledge.

and i know i will think of a good few more but i thought i'd throw some in for a laugh cos i know for a fact they would be some that alot of people would be so game to do...so i quote again...they are for a laugh.

The how to snog Gareth or John Or Kai etc workshop....learn all the factors that contribute to making a fantastic on screen snog....with a free try it out aession with the guest of your choice.

Weevil country dancing....learn the amazing Weevil dance and how to dance the Weevils moves.

SUV stunt course....get behind the wheels of the one and only SUV and take it for a spin...complimentry guest in attendence with you.

Fanfic play...enter a competition and win the chance to have your fanfic acted out by the cast in attendence.

Karaoke with Kai....challenge the singing legend to a belt it out challenge.

Naked hide and seek...for the brave only...just who can find Gareth within the time limit.

Ah it might just be my twisted mind but hey i'd love to see them ha ha ha ha ha ha

Edited by captainjackharkness

I'd really, really like to see some kind of costume contest. The Hub was actually the first convention I've ever attended where there wasn't one and it was MUCH bigger than some of the conventions I've been to.

Even if it is just a matter of walking across the stage to display the costume, that would be good. Have crew judge, invite the guests to judge or judge by audience response. I'd be entirely up for volunteering to help with that in any way.

The how to snog Gareth or John Or Kai etc workshop....learn all the factors that contribute to making a fantastic on screen snog....with a free try it out aession with the guest of your choice.

Weevil country dancing....learn the amazing Weevil dance and how to dance the Weevils moves.Fanfic play...enter a competition and win the chance to have your fanfic acted out by the cast in attendence.

Karaoke with Kai....challenge the singing legend to a belt it out challenge.

Naked hide and seek...for the brave only...just who can find Gareth within the time limit.

lmao at these suggetsions especially the snogging one hahah! great love it! on a serious note though i do think the fanfic contest would be good for those who do write them i'm not into it myself but i kano alot ofpeople do,

a quiz i would love i'm a quiz nutter,

a karoke would be hysterical especially if anyone sings as bad as me :)

again i rarely dress up myself but i think for those who do a contets would be very good and could perhaps encourage more people to dress up (i might if there was an awesome prize)

and this may be a stupid suggestion but how about something incredibly childish,like a pinata or pin the tail on the weevil (i know they don't have tails but it would be funny) or a pass the parcel with torchwood goodies ?? or anything else along those lines, simplistic but fun!

I was thinking, and this concerns the thing that may or may not happen on the Friday, what about having a karaoke party that way people can meet pre-big party and have it as a competition that has a prize of something small like an extra autograph or photo with the guest of their choice. It could go on until the events opening and the winner announced then.

Late comers wouldn't miss much and early people would have something fun to do.

and this may be a stupid suggestion but how about something incredibly childish,like a pinata or pin the tail on the weevil

Actually.... I love the idea of some childish games. They are silly, but can be great fun. There is also the chairs game, several games with words... Mmmm many things we can make fools of ourselves with and have loads of fun. XDDD I like the idea.

• 3 weeks later...

LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA LISA

...Just for Gareth :YAHOO:

Photo shoots with the guys in the weevil & blowfish costumes :dance:

JOHN BARROWMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just look at my username)

The Nub 2 (play sequal)

celebrity 'talent' show... (I know it would never happen, but i can dream yes?)

Johns dogs? lol

(Again, i know....)

James Marsters?

Did i mention John?

Lachlan?

Freema, i really want to know if she remembers me. (Long and embarrassing story...) :YAHOO:

Truth and Dare sessions. For celebs lol - like the Q&A's but SLIGHTLY more interesting.

For those of you who know who Tony Coburn is, they did them at his convention.

Oh and last but not least... Have i said John yet? :dance:

:YAHOO:

:dance: weevil plushies please!!!:YAHOO:

wow :dance: this hub sound like it could be really good....

....but, if john comes, then it wud be perfect.......

and the SUV!!!!!!

i love the person who thought of that!!!!

whoop-whoop :YAHOO:

oh, and i'd love to see a real life weevil..........

LISA

JOHN

FREEMA!!!! <---- i met freema before, and i screamed my head off.... lol!! i wanna see if she remembers me..... (oh, and i only scramed my head off, and then started crying cos it was at john barrowmans london tour and i'd never met anyone of doctor who or torchwood before, and i was completely star struck, after just meeeting denise van outen, lee mead, and a load of the i'd do anything girls..... lol!)

JAMES MARSTERS!!!

umm.....

.....john.....

....suv....

...john.....

i think thats it.....

thank you!!! :YAHOO:

P.S - JOHN!!

Edited by torchwoodangel93

• 2 weeks later...