No room at the Inn!

vamperstein

when we left the hotel i produced the ticket at reception and was told to pay outside at the meter. If this is not correct myself and all the friends i left with who were charged this will be asking for their money back i can assure you. A couple of my friends had stayed from the thursday night and had to pay �35+ !

there is also a sign up in reception to say you have to validate at the parking meter?? i am confused.

i'll be passing there in a couple of days (when i go cinema) and will double check for you but i know in the past they have always validated for a certain amount of time so youonly pay what is left (even the cinema does)

I called the Ibis to ask about parking before staying there for the Hub and they told me that the multistorey is actually separate to them and that it cost £5 per day and £5 for overnight but if you stay for 24hrs it'll cost you £9. They never said anything about validating parking. They also never mentioned it when I called up to book a room for Hub 2.

I called the Ibis to ask about parking before staying there for the Hub and they told me that the multistorey is actually separate to them and that it cost £5 per day and £5 for overnight but if you stay for 24hrs it'll cost you £9. They never said anything about validating parking. They also never mentioned it when I called up to book a room for Hub 2.

If next time you accidentally "lose" your ticket ring the help bell at the pay station and tell them you lost your ticket and tell them you only parked for one day. They will send you a ticket through the machine and ask you to pay the maximum of £9. Guess they might cotton on though if everyone does it and it is a little dishonest :YAHOO: depends how ripped off you feel about the charges. We found this out cos the maid threw away our parking ticket.

I have just called the Ibis to confirm the situation with parking and got this response:-

The Ibis do not own a car park but lease from the leisure centre and have been unable to get a discounted rate so the charge at present is £9 per day (going up for 2009 probably) which is £5.00 overnight and a £4.00 per day max charge. The hotel are not able to validate the parking ticket at all this is all paid for outside in the parking meter and you dont know exactly how much it costs until you put the ticket in as you get charged for every 1/2 hour period over as well.

I have suggested the ibis update their website (and they agreed) as this is not clear at all about the charges and the fact they dont in fact have their own car park although there is a note on reception desk to say parking is not paid through the hotel but again no prices are listed.

So you need to budget for around £10 per day parking if your stay here in March.

hope this helps. nicky

Edited by buffy2k

as i say i will have a word when i am there next week and check for you, if that is the pricing charge i would actually suggest parking down the road at the train station it is cheaper, or going into the cinema when you first get that to get 3 hours knocked off, i know it's not much but it's a lil cheaper, but i will check when i am there in the week

I booked the Park inn this time I didn't like Ibis. They tryed to charge us £30 more than our friends that booked after us because they changed the price after we booked. We also booked 2 single beds but they gave us a double and when we went down to say about it the staff were not helpful at all they just sort of shrugged and said we can give you a differnt room for tonight but you would need to move out of it on Saturday and the cards never worked right in the lift and I had a friend that got locked out her room and was left with out a card for a day and you need them for the lifts.

I know it sounds like a lot of little stupid stuff and it never ruined my weekend but I am defo staying in the Park Inn this timeXD

I echo the complains regarding The Ibis. I stayed there this past convention and didn't enjoy the experience. The staff were very, very unhelpful regarding all requests; pillows, blankets, toilet paper, etc. They also tried to charge a larger price than was quoted with the reservation. And it wasn't major, but the fact that they went into our room and opened the window each day while we were out was very annoying. We would come back at the end of the night and find our room FREEZING. Yet they couldn't offer extra blankets.

Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to book there again. I was really hoping to stay at the Park Inn instead.

But I have a question to those who stayed at the Ibis last year. Did any of you find that there was a problem having three people in the room instead of the standard two? I'm a little worried about this since our party has three people in it and the rooms only say for two. It would be ridiculous to book a whole separate room. It's no problem if one of us sleeps on the floor, but I'm wondering if the staff gets cranky about that sort of thing?

I think they have a set amount of rooms for 3 people and they always go really fast. On the Sunday I think they kn ow some people were sneeking into a friends room to spend the night and instead of people paying for an other night in the park inn and had a guy at the lift cheking peoples cards. So I dont think they like 3 sharing a room for 2.

And it wasn't major, but the fact that they went into our room and opened the window each day while we were out was very annoying. We would come back at the end of the night and find our room FREEZING. Yet they couldn't offer extra blankets.
That one's simple to fix - put the "do not disturb" sign on the door & they don't go into the room but they leave the fresh tea/coffee/toilet paper, etc in a bag outside the door.

Also, with regards to having 3 people in a room for 2 - we did that this time and nobody said anything to us. It wasn't even like we were trying to hide it either as we all turfed up with luggage on the first day so they knew there were 3 of us in there. But I would recommend making sure you've got your own blankets, etc as they don't have any spares in the rooms.

Edited by vamperstein

I stayed at the Ibis at the last Hub, I had booked my room several months in advance and was quoted a price. When I arrived they charged me extra and said it was due to price increase, but were still advertising rates I'd originally been quoted. ;) I didnt get anywhere with the staff at the time, so on my return I contacted head office and they contacted manager. By tomorrow I should have a refund in my account. ;) Top tip get them to send you an email confirming the price they quoted you at time of booking, I'd done mine over the phone so didnt have anything down on an official piece of paper. Apart from that and also charging for breakfast I hadnt had overall stay was okay.

I didnt get charged any extra than the price quoted on my original booking when I stayed @ the Ibis last month...

Guess some of you were just unlucky?!? :D

G x

Me too in fact they tried to undercharge me.

I hope you saw my message to you n0fear88 on a different thread.

Really? When I booked it was £65 a night for the Friday & Saturday nights then £60 for Sunday. They never mentioned breakfast was extra either...

Easiest way to find cheapest prices and conditions for Ibis is reserving through their web.

Create an account and after logging in (you must be logged in) you'll see the cheapest they offer for web members at that moment. There it does say clearly that the breakfast is not included.

And at least with web page reservation you can have on paper the price you booked it for.

http://www.ibishotel.com

right now, logged in cheapest I see is:

-----------------------Fri 13 Mar---Sat 14 Mar---Sun 15 Mar

Room price-----------59.00--------59.00---------54.00

Breakfast(s)/pers.----5.50---------5.50-----------5.50

Edited by Minako

That's bizarre - I did go through the website (because I had to book at work & we can't use the phone for personal calls but I can get away with the odd sneaky use of internet) and it said I couldn't make reservations that far in advance so I had to call them to book.

I wonder if the web price is cheaper because it doesn't include breakfast whereas if you book over the phone it's included? That's the only thing I can think of. Especially as we never paid extra for breakfast the last time.

Edited by vamperstein

It IS strange. Sadly Ibis is the best option but with all the changes and issues with unclear prices it doesn't exactly make you trust them. *_*

I don't know about the breakfast, that may be the difference in price. But it's hard to know when they are being unclear.