Star wars Art prints?

andro1d

Hi

Was suggested to me that i should maybe get a stall at Collectormania Glasgow to sell some of my Star Wars prints.

Was just looking for some feedback as i havent been to one of these shows before and dont know how it may go down.

Any help much appreciated!

Andy

I probably won't be going to Glasgow but in general I think this would be quite popular. Personally I regret not buying some of the artwork that was on sale at CE but looking at how many people were buying from the artist stalls I'd say it was worth a go.

Thanks mate.

just trying to gauge what people make of my work.

Much appreciated!

We've left the original post on here because you made a general enquiry.

Please don't post links to your website though, show sponsors are the only ones who can use the promotional purposes.

Maybe if you check with Showmasters they might give you permission seeing you are an original artist and your artwork seems unique to me (being a non Star Wars fan).

Thanks for understanding.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

We've left the original post on here because you made a general enquiry.

Please don't post links to your website though, show sponsors are the only ones who can use the promotional purposes.

Maybe if you check with Showmasters they might give you permission seeing you are an original artist and your artwork seems unique to me (being a non Star Wars fan).

Thanks for understanding.

Sorry about that, would it be possible to do a

wee discount through you guys?

It's a fair cop about pasting links to the site but in the spirit of helping another (potential) dealer get some valuable opinions about his products I've posted a couple of the prints here for folks to see..

I did my first Collectormania in August there and I'm booked in again for December, it's a great atmosphere andro1d, I'm sure you'll do well.

Best, Alan.

uks1.jpg

uks2.jpg

uks3.jpg

It's a fair cop about pasting links to the site but in the spirit of helping another (potential) dealer get some valuable opinions about his products I've posted a couple of the prints here for folks to see..

I did my first Collectormania in August there and I'm booked in again for December, it's a great atmosphere andro1d, I'm sure you'll do well.

Best, Alan.

uks1.jpg

uks2.jpg

uks3.jpg

LOL thanks Alan! :)

I am the original artist too and i always sign my stuff, dunno if i can afford the layout for the event and products though. Wouldnt even know huw much stuff to get printed and block mounted for it. the thought is giving me the fear.

The work on your site is outstanding btw!!

No worries, no harm done. :D

You got to ask Showmasters about it, best go by e-mail info@showmastersonline.com. Maybe put "dealer enquiry" or something as title of your e-mail to catch their attention.

This is their call to make, I can't decide on this one.

No worries, no harm done. :D

You got to ask Showmasters about it, best go by e-mail info@showmastersonline.com. Maybe put "dealer enquiry" or something as title of your e-mail to catch their attention.

This is their call to make, I can't decide on this one.

No worries, thanks for that, will get in touch!

A couple of thoughts for you..

I forget exactly how much the tables are this time round but it's 130 ish or 165 ish for the 3 days, depending on whether you have backing walls or not, most of the dealers who have tables in the middle provide their own backing in one form or another.

What people will buy is a subjective matter, all I can say is that I'd take a couple of the A4 size ones at the prices on your website, I'd imagine there would be plenty of others who would too.

If you decide to go, have a look at the guest list and do some appropriate art, e.g if Dave Prowse were there do a couple of Darth Vader, people will buy them to get signed or you could get them signed and mark them up to cover the cost.

There's going to be a contingent from the 501st there, lots of stormtroopers etc, probably get a few interested parties in that lot.

Do some artwork of the marines, APC, powerloader and Pulse Rifle from Aliens and wait for Scapey and his mates to come drooling :D

A couple of thoughts for you..

I forget exactly how much the tables are this time round but it's 130 ish or 165 ish for the 3 days, depending on whether you have backing walls or not, most of the dealers who have tables in the middle provide their own backing in one form or another.

What people will buy is a subjective matter, all I can say is that I'd take a couple of the A4 size ones at the prices on your website, I'd imagine there would be plenty of others who would too.

If you decide to go, have a look at the guest list and do some appropriate art, e.g if Dave Prowse were there do a couple of Darth Vader, people will buy them to get signed or you could get them signed and mark them up to cover the cost.

There's going to be a contingent from the 501st there, lots of stormtroopers etc, probably get a few interested parties in that lot.

Do some artwork of the marines, APC, powerloader and Pulse Rifle from Aliens and wait for Scapey and his mates to come drooling :D

Bloodyell mate id have to google that lot, im really just into some oldschool starwars characters from my childhood.

Dunno if i could handle the layout on a stall etc kinda sell my stuff quite cheap as i want folk to appreciate it and be able to afford it.

Probably think about next year and plan a bit more, got a few exhibitions and commissions etc coming up too so dont think i could get myself organized actually.

you have some talent there, mind if i put a wee link on my site?

Inbound links always appreciated! Thanks.

Go for it, you've got loads of time! All you need is a big table cloth, lay your prints out and you're off and running, people go to these events for the interaction with the dealers, they love talking to people who are actually enthusiastic about what they're selling. I think your prices are perfectly suited to an event like this.

If you wanted to go one step further then get a backboard too, large bit of wood or maybe a lattice type thing like you get in garden centres, throw a cloth over it, chap in some nails and hang up more prints!

Inbound links always appreciated! Thanks.

Go for it, you've got loads of time! All you need is a big table cloth, lay your prints out and you're off and running, people go to these events for the interaction with the dealers, they love talking to people who are actually enthusiastic about what they're selling. I think your prices are perfectly suited to an event like this.

If you wanted to go one step further then get a backboard too, large bit of wood or maybe a lattice type thing like you get in garden centres, throw a cloth over it, chap in some nails and hang up more prints!

Just think i would have to sell a helluva lot of prints to cover the costs as i dont make much profit on my prints.

would have to risk getting loads done! :s

Sure, I understand. You'll be best placed yourself to know what makes a venue worthwhile.

If you decide to book a table and you're looking for any help, transport, setting up whatever I'm just down the road in Kilmarnock, give me a shout.

Otherwise why not pop along on the day, have a look at what it's like and I'll get you a coffee, I warn you though, you'll wish you'd booked! :poki:

Sure, I understand. You'll be best placed yourself to know what makes a venue worthwhile.

If you decide to book a table and you're looking for any help, transport, setting up whatever I'm just down the road in Kilmarnock, give me a shout.

Otherwise why not pop along on the day, have a look at what it's like and I'll get you a coffee, I warn you though, you'll wish you'd booked! :poki:

Thanks dude im thinking about it seriously! mmmmm... fek.... dunno dunno

Yes it could be worth while andro1d. Your stuff looks good and i think it would sell esp if some star wars guests get announced. Also Xmas so dealers may be busy.

Scrapyard Sculptures i seen your stuff last at Glasgow (Well hope it was you) and your stuff is great to. My friend maybe buy Alien and Pred stuff next time if your back.

Otherwise why not pop along on the day, have a look at what it's like and I'll get you a coffee, I warn you though, you'll wish you'd booked! :blink:

Thanks dude im thinking about it seriously! mmmmm... fek.... dunno dunno

Think im game for it actually, pretty reasonable prices for a pitch really...

thats what i thought when i phoned too....

prints are great by the way mate put me down for one and i'll see ya at the show

Thanks dude!

thats what i thought when i phoned too....

prints are great by the way mate put me down for one and i'll see ya at the show

only thing im concerned about is that it takes about a week for me to get block mounts made and i dont know how many to get made up for the show, you guys think paper prints would go down okay too?

• Moderators

There's definitely always room for new stalls at these events. When there are so many with regular stalls, you get a little too familiar with the products, so it's nice to see something fresh and unique :blink:

Good luck!