So Far today....

Brockie76

I went today and I love Collectormania Fridays as there is space to move around in. this was especially useful today as I wash pushung my 6 onth old in a buggy. This one was particularly good as the three people I really wanted to see this weekend were there today. Morena, Amber and Mercedes three of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

Also anyone who has met Morena at other events may have seen a certain Sean with her, the only shame was no posed photographs with her but she happily posed for one after signing my picture. No such problem with Amber or Mercedes :thumbup:

C15 is advertised as free entry and free parking and Amanda Tapping is the only guest announced so far and I agree that my feelings are mixed about this as it will be more like Earls court events as it is A couple of miles out of town and the only things nearby at the moment are Asda and Ikea.

I went today & I felt Morena Baccarin was really quiet, to be honest she didn't look happy doing the signings, when she done mine I was really disappointed, I took my cast photo for Firefly & she signed it in the wrong place, she didn't say much or again no posing for pictures.

I walked away really disappointed

Next to Morena the two actors from Star Trek were very interactive with people & posing with pictures.

This year they seem to have squashed more of the signing areas into the centre area & less stalls.

Also Collectormania 15 dates are 5th to 7th June 09, what happen to the dates around April time? does this mean this will now only be once a year event?

Considering MK Dons Stadium was originally the National Hockey Stadium (as seen if you got a McDs on the way home heading for the A5 or whichever it was, it's not really MK Dons fault..

well the place is nearer to the train and coach station, and you'd best get out of there at weekends sharp before the Chavs get their souped up Ford Ka's for a race off.

Who knows whats up with Morena, not met her, not seen the show. Maybe she's on an 'off' day. Maybe she thought it would be busier (be happy Saturday then!). Some you win, some you lose.. if she only did conventions, she'd not expand a fan base beyond fanboys of her show.. and money will drop off as fans move on. Plus get catty comments relating to snobbery etc etc from fans unable to do cons..

I popped down today and you can see they have had to restrict it. It's to much on top of each other and for me it seemed as if there wasn't the same number of stalls.

I had to hurry around and grab autographs quickly as I had to be back home this afternoon for a stag party, and because of that I didn't get chance to get Mercedes autograph as I had a high number VT and it seemed as if the numbers wasn't going down so I had to skip it :thumbup:

Met Jeff Cohen he was nice and chatty seemed 'fan friendly'

Doug Bradley I have kept meaning to grab his autograph but always missed out for loads of reasons. Very pleasent and seemed to enjoy the banter.

Matthew Wood I met him at CE last year and he remember meeting me last year which was nice as he has had to meet loads of people over the past 12months and still remembered me. Got him to sign my Episode 1 & 2 posters and had a quick chat about SW.

Looked like everyone was enjoying themselves but as I mentioned before it seemed a bit too crammed so I am looking forward to it's new home at MK Dons.

Cheers SM for a breif but great day out!