Alternative route from London to MK

vash-chan

Hi everyone,

Since there are planned engineering works for Euston's Overground is there an alternative route to get to MK from London? Sunday has normal service so I can get to MK via London Euston just fine but weekdays and Sat are affected by the engineering works taking place.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Cheers!!

Friday is coming up as ok. No planned engineering works then. Also from what I am reading on the Virgin website for Saterday the works planned are happening passed Milton Keynes: Some services on the London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street route, will start or terminate at Crewe with Rail Replacement Coaches provided for the journeys in both directions, between Crewe, Runcorn and Liverpool Lime Street.Services affectedLondon-Crewe-Liverpool

So if I'm reading it right services from Euston to MK should be unaffected on Saturday.

Edited by Raylenth

Friday is coming up as ok. No planned engineering works then. Also from what I am reading on the Virgin website for Saterday the works planned are happening passed Milton Keynes: Some services on the London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street route, will start or terminate at Crewe with Rail Replacement Coaches provided for the journeys in both directions, between Crewe, Runcorn and Liverpool Lime Street.Services affectedLondon-Crewe-Liverpool

So if I'm reading it right services from Euston to MK should be unaffected on Saturday.

Sorry to digress, but thank goodness you repeated the word Saturday, so now I know your first mention was just a typo. You have to be really thick to spell the days of the week wrong :blush:

Sorry to digress, but thank goodness you repeated the word Saturday, so now I know your first mention was just a typo. You have to be really thick to spell the days of the week wrong :blush:

i am using the same route london euston to mk, i have called virgin and they said no works being carried out until after mk so thats good, i will keep a ckeck on it tho

I agree, it was a stupid typo, I blame it on getting up at 4.20am all blooming week!

Thanks for the info everyone !! Guess Euston will be ok after all.

too damn right sis lol

ive checked everyday and so far all is ok, but last time i got to euston bloke sold me and the kids my ticket and never once mentioned that there was only train going to bletchley and no trains at all coming home on the sunday, ended up coming back by coach with a todler, absolutle hell, and i complained to virgin, got my money back, well it was a bloody travel voucher.

apparently no works currently on that line until after milton keynes so we should be ok, i say keep checking tho,

if i dont get to my photo shoot on time virgin better run and hide coz i will be gunning for them.

amandax