Northampton things to do

spikeguerajumper

Since I've never been to a convention like this one.. looks like our time will be pretty much taken up by everything and anything "twilight" but just in case.. are there any other things/attractions/highlights I don't want to miss while I'm there?.. and are any of you guys hoping to carve out some time for that?

I plan on skipping my classes Friday and Monday :WINCE:

So that means I would probably land in Birmingham airport Friday morning and be on my way back to Denmark Monday afternoon.

I figured that when I should try to find my way from Northampton train station I would perhaps see a few interesting stores on my way, which I could try to remember where are. (Or make a dot on the map I will be carrying to not get lost, cough):thumbup:

Then when I have found the hotel, checked in and registered with Eternal Twilight... I should have a few hours before I need to change into the raincoat and wellingtons! :wub:

So I am up for exploring! :blush:

I would indeed be up for some action, too, but I don´t really think that this will happen. Lotte, you should know best that you´ll probably be caught up in Twilight-related conversations from the first minute at the hotel and then - at least that will be the case for me - there will be nothing to stop me... :D

Having to wait half a year until finally meeting some other nice addicts is bad enough.

I just started a new job and my old colleagues wrote some kind of an operating manual about me for the new company and what they stated is amazing about me is the fact that I can put about 3 million words into a minute of speaking and can talk without taking one single breath for at least 10 minutes... I´ll need lots of water. :WINCE:

To conclude: I´m in but don´t count on too much time to be spend out of the hotel... :band:

Tara

Since I've never been to a convention like this one.. looks like our time will be pretty much taken up by everything and anything "twilight" but just in case.. are there any other things/attractions/highlights I don't want to miss while I'm there?.. and are any of you guys hoping to carve out some time for that?

I'm gonna be there from the thursday i think, i want to be able to relax and chill, so id be up for exploring northampton if you are. I just have a crap train journey to endure before i get there, which is why i'm gonig from thursday.

Well... I've been to 'Eclipse' the 'Heroes' convention at Northampton back in March and believe me... Besides the convention, there wasn't much to see *lol*

But worry not, you'll be way too busy with chatting to all Twilight fans and go all crazy about everything, you won't even think about 'exploring' whaha :D

This event is going to kick a*s! :poki:

I'm gonna be there from the thursday i think, i want to be able to relax and chill, so id be up for exploring northampton if you are. I just have a crap train journey to endure before i get there, which is why i'm gonig from thursday.

I don't know if I'll be getting there Thursday, more like Friday morning.. but I guess we can catch up right before and try and plan out an outing if there's time.. thanks!

Well... I've been to 'Eclipse' the 'Heroes' convention at Northampton back in March and believe me... Besides the convention, there wasn't much to see *lol*

But worry not, you'll be way too busy with chatting to all Twilight fans and go all crazy about everything, you won't even think about 'exploring' whaha :D

This event is going to kick a*s! :poki:

I agree!.. first convention (that is not work related for me).. so I truly be a newby at it.. and can't contain my excitement over it.. yay!

I don't know if I'll be getting there Thursday, more like Friday morning.. but I guess we can catch up right before and try and plan out an outing if there's time.. thanks!

yeah no problems at all. ineed to put contact deatails in my sig haha. *goes to do that*

I really don't think there's much to do in Northampton* :D Unless of course you want to trundle around town and try and find a place that sells helium balloons. Then you can tell me when I get there so I can get myself a birthday balloon to show off with! Woo! :wub:

*There are a fair few parks (in February weather...nice), a couple of theatres, a cinema and an art gallery xD (and shops of course :lol:).

@ bellsfromep, your first convention? Cool! I must warn you tho... It's addictive, VERY addictive haha! This year I went to 3 conventions and in 2009 I've got 2 conventions planned at the mo. I think I'm gonna stuck with those 2 tho, because I'm fairly broke at the moment haha!

@ Aakerman, smart idea :help: And I'm sure there must be a bookstore somewhere nearby. Tho I can't actually remember one, but then again, I only went to the shopping street once. I remember 'other' things from that 'holiday' far better :P haha!

yeah, I can already sense I'll be hooked as soon as I get off the plane in London really!

love the country to begin with.. felt so much like home when I visited.. add Twilight fans like me.. can't wrap my mind around it.. thanks to all of you for the great info.

I only wish I would have know (or had been a true fan) when comic con was in San Diego.. my mom lives there augh!.. moving on..

I know what you mean about loving the country! I really love the UK! I would so move over there if I had the chance *sigh* I've been the the uk 5 times the past year, 4 of those times were related to conventions and fandoms tho haha :P

Awhhh, too bad about Comic Con, what a shame!

I was just reading the books at that moment and already hooked, but wasn't really into the 'fandom' yet. To be quite honest, I'm still not that much into the fandom, but I read here and there :( haha.

Anyway, if I'd known about SDCC, I would have so saved up some money and took a week or 2-week holiday there! Okay, that sounds pretty crazy, doesn't it? *lol*

Owh well, there will be other times I guess ;) That's why I really wanted to come to this event ;)

For bookshops and other stores...

From the hotel main doors, turn left and walk (about 2 blocks), until you reach the main shopping centre/street. There are also bars/pubs/restaurants there if you need food etc.

You should be able to find a WHSmith (book shop) at least, and maybe they have a waterstones as well, though I honestly can't remember.

For bookshops and other stores...

From the hotel main doors, turn left and walk (about 2 blocks), until you reach the main shopping centre/street. There are also bars/pubs/restaurants there if you need food etc.

You should be able to find a WHSmith (book shop) at least, and maybe they have a waterstones as well, though I honestly can't remember.

I will write this down! Thanks :)

• 3 months later...