It's early but who do you want at CG3? :)

Galaxy-Song

I'm working extensively with financial systems just now, and sadly I can say that in most cases, the VAT cuts aren't going to be passed on to the customer. It's just not viable for companies to reprice all their stock for 13 months - what we'll find is that the vast majority change their pre-VAT price so that the new post-VAT price is exactly the same as it was before, absorbing the supposed customer savings into their own profits.

In no way am I suggesting that SM would do that! Just that it's what the vast majority of companies are going to be doing. A 'simple' electronic change rather than going around physically repricing all their stock.

Which probably isn't exactly what Gordon had in mind, but hey de ho.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working extensively with financial systems just now, and sadly I can say that in most cases, the VAT cuts aren't going to be passed on to the customer. It's just not viable for companies to reprice all their stock for 13 months - what we'll find is that the vast majority change their pre-VAT price so that the new post-VAT price is exactly the same as it was before, absorbing the supposed customer savings into their own profits.

Which probably isn't exactly what Gordon had in mind, but hey de ho.

If he really thought that every VAT-liable item that was currently priced at £7.99 was going to be re-priced as £7.82 then he really is too dumb to lead us.

Realistically, even a £50 item would now (ok, on Dec 1st) be £48.94. I really wouldn't expect the great VAT cut to manifest itself on items that currently cost less than fifty quid.

I'll justify this as relevant to the thread by saying that I would not expect SM to suddenly be charging £9.79 for an auto that was a tenner in the summer.

Right where do i start............

Anyone from.....

Supernatural

Smallville

Only Fools and Horses (Mickey Pierce or Denzil) as we've had the others previously

Star Wars apart from Kenny Baker & Dave Prowse as i think everybody in Glasgow has met them.

Ghostbusters-Great to meet Winston in the Summer lets get Egon over now.

Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes-Previous guests down south,lets have them up here.

Dr Who-Great signings this time-well done Jason-now all we need is Terry Molloy-PLEEEEESE.

Justin & Alan from the Sunday night project.

Some BIG stars would be nice as whenever you tell someone about the event,the first thing that they judge it on is the calibre of the stars in attendance,i know Angelina Jolie is probably busy that weekend but at least ask her (lol)

See you all there

I'll be the one with the 7 year old boy whos crying because "the Ewok" has let him down again.

(but it will be great to meet Nick Courtney_a DR Who legend :(

Best wishes

Phil