Clone Wars

greedo_uk

I thought it was good as a stand alone film. There were many things i enjoyed about the film such as the battles. The only thing that annoyed me was that the film was marketed to an older audience than it was intended for so that let me down a little. Otherwise i found it enjoiyable. The cinema where I live was packed out with people wanting to see the film.

I saw this last night with my 5 year old (in a cinema with 4 other people). We both enjoyed it, he liked the battles and Anakin in particular (better acting than Chjristensen I think). I liked the battles also particulary the lightsaber fights. The CGI animation was also superb.

Felt that they could have used Grevious and felt that some characters were just there to prove that they still exist (Padme and Threepio) but as an intro to the series it was good fun.

Not sure about the voiceover at the start it would have been more traditional to have the scroll and some of the soundtrack was very un star wars.

It's ironic however that the 2 "biggest" actors are the only ones to reprise their roles from the films however I though the Yoda voice was pretty close.

I saw The Clone Wars at the Odeon Chathamm on the 16th, the cinema was about 1/4 full. Luckily I didnt have to pay to see it as I was helping promote the film with the costume group. It was definetly a kids film but I thought the animation was brill and loved some of the fight scenes but it just doesnt match live action.

Went to see it the other day, I thought the animation was outstanding, Battle scenes were best part Also liked the clonetroopers. However!! Was it just me or did anyone else find new character Ahsoka tano a little irratating with her attitude (wich is worse the Anakins) I meen calling your Jedi master Skyguy ! l think shes heading for the dark side either way at least she doesnt survive the clone wars (I hope)

Having seen the cartoons, I didn't realise this movie was CGI, but I loved the way it was made.

I too found Ahsoka Tano a bit too "cutesy" and Zero the Hutt sounded like Cartman from South Park!

However, I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would (even my sister-in-law, the most unlikely Star Wars fan enjoyed the movie) and will buy the DVD for sure.

Nice one George!

Edited by Lodsy

• 4 weeks later...

I SEE THAT THE CLONE WARS TV SERIES IS ON THE CARTOON NETWORK ON 3RD OF OCTOBER LUCKY THEM. AS USUAL US IN THE UK HAVE TO WAIT, OUR DATE IS 25TH BUT WE ONLY GET TO SEE IT IF WE PAY FOR SKY MOVIES WHY IS IT WE ALWAYS SEEM TO HAVE TO PUT OUR HANDS IN OUR POCKETS GOOD OLD SKY JUST ENFORCES WHAT IVE ALWAYS THOUGHT JUST ANYTHING TO GET MORE OUT OF US.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the film as I'd heard very mixed reviews. For the most part I enjoyed it, though I felt that it was aimed more at kids than a 30-year old like me. I do think they should have found a Brit to do Obi-Wan's voice - the American pronunciation of certain words was distracting!