Will debit and credit cards be useable at the event

Depends on where at the event.

The Organisers Table did accept credit cards at the past conventions, so I can't see why they should stop it this time.

The hotel does as well, although I admit to not having tried to pay each drink at the bar with my card. :poki:

In the dealers room a couple of dealers did allow card payments, but from what I remember not everyone did.

That's a good idea. From reading this I was gonna attempt to use cards on a few things but I remember from other cons that I've been to that iwhen people needed cash there often wasn't any money left in the cash machine cos it'd been used too much. I think I'll take some to be on the safe side.

• 4 weeks later...
The hotel does as well, although I admit to not having tried to pay each drink at the bar with my card. :YAHOO:

I ran out of cash at Eclipse and had to switch to card:p 10 quid minimum spend on a card per purchase at the bars in the Park Inn. They'll do it as 'small purchase and 10 quid cashback' but only grudgingly in my experience. Best to have cash to pay for drinks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

We will have credit / debit card facilities available at the event to pay for extra autographs, photo shoots, auction items etc. :D

The venue is also just a few minutes walk from the town centre where there are numerous cash machines.

Mark :dance: